Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

7 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Chugging round day after day with barely any passengers blasting out massive amounts of pollution. All that money the government has spent on “improving public transport instead of building new transport infrastructure” really clear to see. Still, a few bus company owners have probably made hundreds of millions so mission accomplished for the Tories.

One of my chickens died the other day and I blame the Tories  for that ...    b@stards !    And my blood boils when I think about the fvckin chicken salesman swanning around with the bus company owners living the high life ...   something needs to be done !

On 06/02/2018 at 06:37, Carl the Llama said:

Had a customer ask for some hot water earlier and he gave me a funny look when I put a spoon in it so I asked him what he was planning to put in it - thinking he had his own teabags or some lemsip - and it turns out he just wanted to drink some hot water!  I didn't know what to make of it and I still can't get my head around it, anybody else ever done this?

Mrs Oz lives on hot water every time i have a cup of tea, she has a boiling water... multitudes of stomach operations and illness's have made hot water one of vry few options. We often have to ask a shop/cafe for a hot water always interesting to see what we get charged,most expensive so far is $2.50  Mind you my black tea with one sugar there was $4.50... now thats a profit margin!

On 07/02/2018 at 04:03, RumbleFox said:

Why am I so lonely?

You've stopped putting little "x's" at the end of you posts... broke my heart :(

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tuna said:

How many miles do Buses do before they get scrapped/taken out of service?

Saw one S registered double decker today, so that would make it about 20 years old.

Depends on what it's used for. I work for a bus company, and for certain services the council insist on a certain standard of bus. We had to buy 8 brand new ones a couple of years ago. We don't use deckers on any services, can't speak for other companies. I know Arriva do but they have newish ones. We use our deckers on school services and private hire jobs.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

One of my chickens died the other day and I blame the Tories  for that ...    b@stards !    And my blood boils when I think about the fvckin chicken salesman swanning around with the bus company owners living the high life ...   something needs to be done !

Exclusive!

Fat-Cat Landowner In Animal Welfare Scandal.

Police Investigate 'Suspicious Death'.

Edited by Buce
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

Exclusive!

Fat-Cat Landowner In Animal Welfare Scandal.

Police Investigate 'Suspicious Death'.

and suddenly KFC are alright for chicken.....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ozleicester said:

How long will it be before people dont know what the 12v socket in your car was originally used for?

When driving while smoking a spliff goes out of fashion? :dunno:

53 minutes ago, Buce said:

Latest on chicken-death scandal:

Poultry Baron Up Before The Beak

lol ....     And before that the beak had to pass sentence on 3 bus company oligarchs at 10am, 11 and 12 ...    the first 2 didn’t show up on time then all 3 arrived at 12 ...    :)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Mrs Oz lives on hot water every time i have a cup of tea, she has a boiling water... multitudes of stomach operations and illness's have made hot water one of vry few options. We often have to ask a shop/cafe for a hot water always interesting to see what we get charged,most expensive so far is $2.50  Mind you my black tea with one sugar there was $4.50... now thats a profit margin!

Sorry to hear about the Mrs, but where she doesn't have much choice my customer asked if I'd never had a cup of hot water as though it was a common everyday thing :D  Does she experience health benefits from it or is it more a case of avoiding the negative effects of other beverages?

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Sorry to hear about the Mrs, but where she doesn't have much choice my customer asked if I'd never had a cup of hot water as though it was a common everyday thing :D  Does she experience health benefits from it or is it more a case of avoiding the negative effects of other beverages?

hehe, yeh i can imagine that would be a bit odd... we always ask with sort of shrug that says, yeh we know its odd. :)

Thanks, she has it to avoid issues pretty much anything else will cause problems :)

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

hehe, yeh i can imagine that would be a bit odd... we always ask with sort of shrug that says, yeh we know its odd. :)

Thanks, she has it to avoid issues pretty much anything else will cause problems :)

Sucks, still I guess it makes going out for coffee cheaper :whistle:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I've recently accepted a job offer, for a role that commences in six weeks' time.

Should I continue to apply for other jobs and possible interviews, or leave it now?

Congratulations!

What does your gut feeling tell you to do now?

2 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Congratulations!

What does your gut feeling tell you to do now?

Thanks.

I want to go ahead with it, but still feel like being open to other opportunities that may arise before then.

But at the same time don't to feel like a fool if I get another offer/opportunity elsewhere and the former company feeks as if theyve wasted their time etc.

Thanks.

I want to go ahead with it, but still feel like being open to other opportunities that may arise before then.

But at the same time don't to feel like a fool if I get another offer/opportunity elsewhere and the former company feeks as if theyve wasted their time etc.

Yeah, I understand.

So if someone else had posted exactly the same dilemma, what advice would you give them?

6 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Yeah, I understand.

So if someone else had posted exactly the same dilemma, what advice would you give them?

Would probably be difficult to answer tbh.

You'd probably be letting the offering employer down if you decided to actually turn it down, but at the same time you perhaps may have a right to withdraw the application after accepting it if something else comes up and you've decided to go for that opportunity instead?

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Would probably be difficult to answer tbh.

You'd probably be letting the offering employer down if you decided to actually turn it down, but at the same time you perhaps may have a right to withdraw the application after accepting it if something else comes up and you've decided to go for that opportunity instead?

Yeah, I see what you mean. 

So what do you suspect you'll end up doing?

8 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Yeah, I see what you mean. 

So what do you suspect you'll end up doing?

I'll probably carry on looking around, and if any interview invitations arise might as well go for the practice etc.

And if another offer comes, think about it hard against the other offer I've accepted and decide - but it could prove awkward if this situations occurs, but don't want to do nothing etc for six weeks.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

I'll probably carry on looking around, and if any interview invitations arise might as well go for the practice etc.

And if another offer comes, think about it hard against the other offer I've accepted and decide - but it could prove awkward if this sutuations occurs, but don't want to do nothing etc for six weeks.

There you go mate. Question answered :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

There you go mate. Question answered :thumbup:

The problem is how late would be too late to turn down an initial opportunity after accepting it etc after, maybe, accepting something else at the expense of the initial employer? Btw, it's within the NHS.

The problem is how late would be too late to turn down an initial opportunity after accepting it etc after, maybe, accepting something else at the expense of the initial employer? Btw, it's within the NHS.

Have you signed any type of contract or agreement with them yet or just verbally accepted it?

2 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Have you signed any type of contract or agreement with them yet or just verbally accepted it?

I've completed a health questionnaire and signed it.

Also been told to accept or not by email before 3 days of the offer being sent, which I did earlier.

Got ID checking appointment next week, and references are set to be checked etc.

23 hours ago, Tuna said:

How many miles do Buses do before they get scrapped/taken out of service?

Saw one S registered double decker today, so that would make it about 20 years old.

Don't Confidence Bus from Wigston have a really old fleet? D reg double deckers on school runs etc.. . More old bangers than a Friday night in the market tavern.