Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

s4m6wh.jpg

289bwnk.jpg

Round my parents house and they're having a bit of a mare with one of the spot lights in the bathroom. Apparently, it's stopped working. I have no idea wtf to do, can you get a new bulb for these type of lights or do they need to change the whole thing? 

Appreciate any help. Cheers :D

18 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

s4m6wh.jpg

289bwnk.jpg

Round my parents house and they're having a bit of a mare with one of the spot lights in the bathroom. Apparently, it's stopped working. I have no idea wtf to do, can you get a new bulb for these type of lights or do they need to change the whole thing? 

This makes me laugh.

You actually boast about how you only care about you and your own, you sneer at political policies that help others as long as you're alright, Jack, yet here you are on here asking for help.

26 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

s4m6wh.jpg

289bwnk.jpg

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

This makes me laugh.

You actually boast about how you only care about you and your own, you sneer at political policies that help others as long as you're alright, Jack, yet here you are on here asking for help.

Indeed.

I have what look to be the exact same lights, so know the answer, but I think I’ll keep it to myself in this instance lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Buce said:

This makes me laugh.

5 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Indeed.

I have what look to be the exact same lights, so know the answer, but I think I’ll keep it to myself in this instance lol

Then don't answer? :unsure:

Not sure why you're getting your panties in a bunch, I've provided answers for a couple of people on here, figured I'd earned one in return. :D

3 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Not sure why you're getting your panties in a bunch, I've provided answers for a couple of people on here, figured I'd earned one in return. :D

I'm not, just enjoying the irony. :D

6 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Winding you up mate. I’ve not really got those lights and have no idea how to fix your issue. If I did I’d definitely tell you. 

5 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Not much irony. I have no problem helping others if it's at no cost to me. I know people say time is money and all that, but I'm sat on the sofa doing **** all anyways. lol

5 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Winding you up mate. I’ve not really got those lights and have no idea how to fix your issue. If I did I’d definitely tell you. 

For the record, so would I. But that's part of my philosophy of life - I will help those in need when I can even if it is at a cost to myself, not just because it's how society should work, but also because you never know when you will be in need yourself. Call it karma if you like. When I was travelling, I benefitted from some extraordinary acts of kindness and generosity, often from people without a pot to piss in and certainly with nothing to gain from it. That has shaped who I am as a human being.

You might think of yourself as an island, Innovindill, but you're no more immune to the rising waters than anyone else.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Buce said:

For the record, so would I. But that's part of my philosophy of life - I will help those in need when I can even if it is at a cost to myself, not just because it's how society should work, but also because you never know when you will be in need yourself. Call it karma if you like. When I was travelling, I benefitted from some extraordinary acts of kindness and generosity, often from people without a pot to piss in and certainly with nothing to gain from it. That has shaped who I am as a human being.

You might think of yourself as an island, Innovindill, but you're no more immune to the rising waters than anyone else.

This is what I keep being told. I'll let you know when I believe it. I've been through enough to know it'll take something of cataclysmic proportions to beat me. 

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

This is what I keep being told. I'll let you know when I believe it. I've been through enough to know it'll take something of cataclysmic proportions to beat me. 

I admire your confidence and self belief. I’ve no idea what you’ve been through but you sound pretty robust.

But nobody is bulletproof or immune to cataclysmic events and I hope you never have to face anything like that in your lifetime.

In the meantime, keep paying it forward mate. Random acts of kindness makes the world go round...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I admire your confidence and self belief. I’ve no idea what you’ve been through but you sound pretty robust.

But nobody is bulletproof or immune to cataclysmic events and I hope you never have to face anything like that in your lifetime.

In the meantime, keep paying it forward mate. Random acts of kindness makes the world go round...

I knew if anyone was going to get it, it would be you, bro'. :)

Edited by Buce
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Innovindil said:

s4m6wh.jpg

289bwnk.jpg

Change the whole fitting I would say, it looks like the wires are soldered onto the pcb that has the leds on. You might be able to get them repaired or replaced under warranty, if you still have the receipt.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I know we've been established since 1884, but exactly how many players have we had that means the 'Name this Leicester player' thread has reached over 1250 pages?? ? 

The thread sort of morphed into a 'Name this player from any team from any era' thread after we ran out of Leicester players :D

It's a great thread actually. Some real anoraks on there and sad stattos but it's a footballing education. Great to hear some of the stories posters associate from players and era's gone by. 

It must be @49er full time job updating all the images :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Innovindil said:

s4m6wh.jpg

289bwnk.jpg

Crikey, sounds like I am helping out Hitler here. But I have no knowledge of you, so won’t judge you.

You have to buy the whole unit, but I think they are only about £15 and should last years.

You have to turn off the electricity when you replace it, then mix it together. I always forget how to do it to be honest, but after 5 minutes trying to work it out I sort it. But it’s the whole unit, that is how they come. 

You just need a screwdriver and the new unit.

• Thanks 1

On 18/02/2018 at 19:50, Strokes said:

Change the whole fitting I would say, it looks like the wires are soldered onto the pcb that has the leds on. You might be able to get them repaired or replaced under warranty, if you still have the receipt.

On 18/02/2018 at 22:50, Rob1742 said:

Crikey, sounds like I am helping out Hitler here. But I have no knowledge of you, so won’t judge you.

You have to buy the whole unit, but I think they are only about £15 and should last years.

You have to turn off the electricity when you replace it, then mix it together. I always forget how to do it to be honest, but after 5 minutes trying to work it out I sort it. But it’s the whole unit, that is how they come. 

You just need a screwdriver and the new unit.

Cheers guys, got it sorted now and I can stop being hounded by my parents. 

To the guy worried I might be hitler:

Wenn sich der Staub legt, wirst du in der Herrenrasse willlkommen sein. :ph34r:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Is Gate 26 at Leicester Tigers through the main entrance?

Struggling to find it out via online.

image.thumb.png.887f33e30fe6ffa07f043cbc01736240.png

Welford Road going away from Nelson Mandela Park & heading towards Wigston.

Gate 26 is the one above - in the corner, next to what looks like a green skip

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Marks Electrical offer this service.

I meant more giving it to a charity that would give it to a poor family? I know there are some that take furniture, but I'm not sure if they take electrical items.

Just now, Webbo said:

I meant more giving it to a charity that would give it to a poor family? I know there are some that take furniture, but I'm not sure if they take electrical items.

The mind shop in syston does have electrical goods in it from time to time.

• Like 1