Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

37 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Speaking of Mahrez, I can’t be arsed trawling though pages and pages of utter shite, has it actually been confirmed that he went AWOL and if so for how many days (so far if applicable)?

He's fuccked off to Algeria to set up his own Souk

1 hour ago, Rogstanley said:

Speaking of Mahrez, I can’t be arsed trawling though pages and pages of utter shite, has it actually been confirmed that he went AWOL and if so for how many days (so far if applicable)?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42918406

Leicester City forward Riyad Mahrez has missed training for a fourth day running, after a potential deadline-day move to Manchester City fell through.

It is not clear whether the Algerian had permission to be absent.

City pulled out of talks for the 26-year-old on Wednesday after he made a transfer request the day before.

Foxes manager Claude Puel has confirmed Mahrez will not be considered for Saturday's match against Swansea, after missing the defeat at Everton.

"I hope Riyad can clear his head and come back with us as he is a valuable player for us and crucial in our play," Puel said on Friday.

City thought Leicester were asking for an overall package of £95m, which is said to have included striker Patrick Roberts, who is on loan at Celtic.

However, the Foxes would have accepted a straight £80m transfer for Mahrez, who has scored 35 goals and contributed 24 assists in 127 top-flight appearances - but that is still £20m higher than City's limit for the player.

He joined Leicester in January 2014 and was named the PFA Players' Player of the Year as the Foxes won the Premier League in 2016.

Puel said the club took the "best decision for our squad" and added that everyone involved now needs to "keep our focus on the pitch".

"We need to stay united after all this," he added. "It is a situation we need to manage but other things will stay inside the club. We will deal with his side and the club, not in public.

"All the players will help him to come back with positivity and a good mental attitude."

Analysis

BBC Radio Leicester's Ian Stringer

A resolution needs to be found and quickly as the bank of love on the streets of Leicester will quickly empty unless one of their greatest players returns to his best.

The rights or wrongs are gone. Mahrez needs to lace his boots back up and try to push the Foxes towards a seventh-place place finish and an FA Cup run.

The game following this weekend you ask? Manchester City, away.

Edited by Buce
  • Thanks 1

Had a customer ask for some hot water earlier and he gave me a funny look when I put a spoon in it so I asked him what he was planning to put in it - thinking he had his own teabags or some lemsip - and it turns out he just wanted to drink some hot water!  I didn't know what to make of it and I still can't get my head around it, anybody else ever done this?

8 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Had a customer ask for some hot water earlier and he gave me a funny look when I put a spoon in it so I asked him what he was planning to put in it - thinking he had his own teabags or some lemsip - and it turns out he just wanted to drink some hot water!  I didn't know what to make of it and I still can't get my head around it, anybody else ever done this?

I used to work with a bloke called Roy Blake about 20 years ago. All he drank all day every day was boiling hot water. He swore by it and said it washed out all the toxins in his body and kept his blood right. He was fit as a fiddle and healthy as fvck so he might have been right. Fvckin weird though if you ask me...

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

A cafe I use a few times in London has an Eastern European guy come in in the morning and get a cup of hot water for free. He brings his own cup and isn't allowed to drink it inside the cafe as its free. He works on a nearby building site, just think he's a bit skint and wants a hot drink inside him.

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I used to work with a bloke called Roy Blake about 20 years ago. All he drank all day every day was boiling hot water. He swore by it and said it washed out all the toxins in his body and kept his blood right. He was fit as a fiddle and healthy as fvck so he might have been right. Fvckin weird though if you ask me...

Proper weird.  

37 minutes ago, separator said:

A cafe I use a few times in London has an Eastern European guy come in in the morning and get a cup of hot water for free. He brings his own cup and isn't allowed to drink it inside the cafe as its free. He works on a nearby building site, just think he's a bit skint and wants a hot drink inside him.

Possible but it wouldn't have been the reason for my guy, proper suit person and he bought other stuff.  Man genuinely enjoys drinking hot water.

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Bet he had menstural cramps.

Benefits of drinking Warm Water

• Improves digestion – According to Ayurveda and ancient Chinese medicine, you should drink a glass of warm water early in the morning. This is because it activates your digestive system, which helps avoid indigestion. It also helps stimulate blood flow to the intestine and helps prevent constipation.
  • Detoxifies your body – Did you know that warm water helps your body get rid of harmful toxins? It not only reduces pitta in your body, but also prevents acne and other skin problems. To further enhance its effect, squeeze half a slice of lemon in the water and drink it every day.
  • Relieves nasal congestion – Not many people are aware of the fact that warm water is good for people suffering from nasal and throat congestion. It acts as a natural expectorant by aiding in the expulsion of phlegm from the respiratory tract.
  • Combats pain – As warm water increases blood flow to the tissues, it can act as an excellent natural aid to provide relief from pain. Hence, if you are experiencing frequent joint pain or menstrual cramps, start drinking warm water.

https://www.aquazania.co.za/2017/07/hot-vs-cold-benefits-of-drinking-hot-water-vs-cold-water/

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Mouse trap mate ..   cost about tuppence ..   bit of cheese or peanut butter on and all sorted ...

That may have to be my final choice.

Thought a reppelent would be easier as I honestly can't stand the look of mice!

Thanks for the reply though...was just expecting more pictures of cats tbh.lol

17 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

Image result for tom and jerry

Or, check out the Joke thread.

Our cat brought a live mouse in on Sunday. I'm sure the (Stuart) little bastard is hiding under the corner sofa in the conservatory. I have 2 spring traps which I got from Wilko's. They come ready baited and cost 3 quid.

You will need to figure out where the mouse is running; in our case it's along the conservatory window sill as that's where the droppings are gathered. If you buy simple spring traps, but them against the wall with the baited end against the skirting or whatever you have. Peanut butter is the best attractant for mice but don't put too much on the pad. You need the mouse to pull or tread on the pad to trigger the trap. Largely it's a matter of patience, don't expect to catch it in a day. 

Repellants won't get rid of it unless it has access to outside. You can buy poison but then you run the risk of it dying  somewhere in the house that you can't get to and then decaying... :S

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Parafox said:

As a kid, I always supported Tom and wanted him to catch that annoying little shit Jerry. I presume this isn't the anticipated audience reaction - or is it?

Probably something to do with having an annoying younger brother....or did I have some psychological desire to be a tyrant or a control freak?

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Mouse trap mate ..   cost about tuppence ..   bit of cheese or peanut butter on and all sorted ...

1 hour ago, Mrfox452 said:

48 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Or, check out the Joke thread.

Our cat brought a live mouse in on Sunday. I'm sure the (Stuart) little bastard is hiding under the corner sofa in the conservatory. I have 2 spring traps which I got from Wilko's. They come ready baited and cost 3 quid.

You will need to figure out where the mouse is running; in our case it's along the conservatory window sill as that's where the droppings are gathered. If you buy simple spring traps, but them against the wall with the baited end against the skirting or whatever you have. Peanut butter is the best attractant for mice but don't put too much on the pad. You need the mouse to pull or tread on the pad to trigger the trap. Largely it's a matter of patience, don't expect to catch it in a day. 

Repellants won't get rid of it unless it has access to outside. You can buy poison but then you run the risk of it dying  somewhere in the house that you can't get to and then decaying... :S

Ffs. 

I despair of the fvcking human race. 

There are such things as humane traps, you know. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Tell that to the rattle snake you ate ...     MURDERER !! ....     :)

Hardly a fair comparison, CF.

One was an act of self preservation, the other is an act of unnecessary cruelty (something you claim to oppose).

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

Hardly a fair comparison, CF.

One was an act of self preservation, the other is an act of unnecessary cruelty (something you claim to oppose).

You know I oppose it ...  but there isn’t much suffering or cruelty in a mouse trap ..   imo ...   and is probably the best way to deal with a potential infestation ...    cats tend to play with mice before they kill them ...    at the end of the day it’s all down to your own perception.  I have a big problem with farm animals that are tortured before they are killed and also seeing others in front of them having their throats cut without being stunned ...    I’ll admit I don’t have such strong feelings about pest control using a trap which kills instantly.   I’ve had my soup and am going out now to do some digging so won’t be able to reply for a while ..  

7 hours ago, Buce said:

Ffs. 

I despair of the fvcking human race. 

There are such things as humane traps, you know. 

Yes but the OP said he couldn't bear to look at a mouse.

Plus, they don't ****ing work.

7 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

As a kid, I always supported Tom and wanted him to catch that annoying little shit Jerry. I presume this isn't the anticipated audience reaction - or is it?

Probably something to do with having an annoying younger brother....or did I have some psychological desire to be a tyrant or a control freak?

I hope that has nothing to do with your current relationship problems :(

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Yes but the OP said he couldn't bear to look at a mouse.

Do mice turn invisible when they die then?

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Plus, they don't ****ing work.

Always have for me.

You know you have to bait them, yeah?