Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Kasabian

I thought it was an exceptional day. The support acts were a lot better than many people had expected, Kasabian were brilliant, it was ifantastically organised, the stewards and police were not at all heavy handed which sometimes they are at events like that.

Considering there was 40K+ people there, of course you were going to get a fair share of idiots, there were people selling drugs, pickpockets and people who couldn't handle their alcohol but on the whole the crowd were brilliant and a mix of all different types of people.

A great day for the city of Leicester.

Good points agree with you!

Great time had. There was always going to be a large quantity of idiots but I luckily seemed to avoid most. 

Agreed Treat deserved to go down better, was also surprised at the lack of anything lcfc. 

Edited by sdb

Reading all these reports of fighting and general bellends, I'm wondering if I went to the same gig as a lot of you. I was in the throng for the whole thing and, aside from the piss-throwing (standard outdoors) the vibe was brilliant. Moshpits left right and centre, all self-policing when folks fell or dropped phones, no fighting - just a mental party courtesy of our city's legendary modern day sons!

I'm guessing it was worse further back - the only fight I heard of was courtesy of a middle-aged skinhead (probably ex-Baby Squad?) way back behind the main rigging, but the "core" of the audience was wonderful. Tens of thousands chanting LSF was spine-tingling. The single greatest night the city has ever hosted.

Edited by bluesbrothers

didn't see any trouble myself. 

great gig with a great atmosphere and a great setlist.

disappointed at lack of extra bus/train after the gig and the lack of taxis in the city centre. ended up waiting two hours at swift cabs where they were sending two people away in an 8 seater on various occasions. why not just ask people to buddy up and split the fare? partly my own fault for not pre booking anything.

love vicky park as a venue

Had a fantastic time.

Went to the Rutland and Derby Arms first as I thought it would be easier to get a drink/seat there than pubs nearer the city centre. Well that didn't happen - just the 40 minute wait at the bar for a drink. 

The gig was class, ended up in a good area where everyone was moshing without any idiots looking for trouble. My mate ****ed his back though so we had to go out to the side for the last part. LSF was something else.

Yeah, R&D was ridiculous, felt well sorry for the people behind the bar in the gaff. Orange Tree was great outside early doors (midday) but left soon as it started to get busy then headed to see what the Queen of Bradgate was like and it was less rammoed, had one in there, then Taps which was boss so stayed for a bit in there, and got served instantly in all. R&D was a joke, the Pub was busy outside but not at the bar. Great having a pint on New Walk with everyone else, Parcel Yard had ran out of pretty much all booze by the time we got there around 6.

Think I avoided anywhere too bad bar the Rutland and Derby all in.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

The whole concert was not my scene. It was like walking around a club at 2am only it was only 7pm. People pissed they couldnt even walk or talk, smoking gear, drugs and throwing piss everywhere.

Anyone who does this regularly what the actual **** is all this about? I'm no old fart or West stander but I couldn't be around that.

Basically it was full of English knob heads although I know many people just wanted a good time.

I guess next time an arena would be a better idea but this was just like a gypsy fest.

I honestly couldn't take this and if it's normal at gigs then it's not for me.

And there was 6 year old kids there ffs.

If that was a footie match no one would have been let in.

Edited by blueharmie

The whole concert was not my scene. It was like walking around a club at 2am only it was only 7pm. People pissed they couldnt even walk or talk, smoking gear, drugs and throwing piss everywhere.

Anyone who does this regularly what the actual **** is all this about? I'm no old fart or West stander but I couldn't be around that.

Basically it was full of English knob heads although I know many people just wanted a good time.

I guess next time an arena would be a better idea but this was just like a gypsy fest.

I honestly couldn't take this and if it's normal at gigs then it's not for me.

You're nigh on the only person that didn't have a good time, all of what you mentioned was pretty easily avoidable but that post just sounds like you need to be less offended by life.

• Like 3

Wasn't offended just didn't like the crowd or mentality of it all which ruined my night. But it's good most people enjoyed it.

Yeah but judging by everyone else's comments you're making a huge thing from a select few knobheads - plenty have said (including Raj who went with his young'un) they had a great time of it and saw no trouble or anything other than the typical argy bargy you'll get a boisterous gig like this. In a crowd of 50,000 you'll invariably find a few turds, I can't believe you'd let them ruin your time. The "mentality of it all" comment is lost on me, I was expecting a LADfest but it wasn't even approaching that from my experience in the actual "venue",be it mooching about the park or in my spot before or after Kasabian pitched up.

4th time i have seen kasabian and definitely the best and one of the best gigs out of loads i have ever been to. What made it more special is that it was in my home town.

Yes there were a fair few knob heads but that is the mentality of some people and you are going to get it at big gigs.

Scenes down london road after the gig were amazing as well.

Edited by m4DD0gg

Yeah, R&D was ridiculous, felt well sorry for the people behind the bar in the gaff. Orange Tree was great outside early doors (midday) but left soon as it started to get busy then headed to see what the Queen of Bradgate was like and it was less rammoed, had one in there, then Taps which was boss so stayed for a bit in there, and got served instantly in all. R&D was a joke, the Pub was busy outside but not at the bar. Great having a pint on New Walk with everyone else, Parcel Yard had ran out of pretty much all booze by the time we got there around 6.

Think I avoided anywhere too bad bar the Rutland and Derby all in.

The Queen of Bradgate looks like it could be a pretty good boozer, they have a good selection of beers and plenty of room.

The Queen of Bradgate looks like it could be a pretty good boozer, they have a good selection of beers and plenty of room.

It was alright actually man, the bar is in an odd place with a pillar directly infront of it but there's plenty of space and they had enough staff on - had to feel for the poor chaps behind the bar at the Rutland and Derby

It was alright actually man, the bar is in an odd place with a pillar directly infront of it but there's plenty of space and they had enough staff on - had to feel for the poor chaps behind the bar at the Rutland and Derby

The manager/boss must be a right tight bastard they needed double the staff on.

Not read anywhere about the lasse who flashed as she was on the screen, or was it just me that saw them??

we saw it too...my daughter asked me why she did that...i told her cos she felt hot!!! lol!!!

Had a fvcking amazing time!

Spent most of the afternoon in the Dry Dock pub as it was nearest to where we parked and the beer was cheaper!

Got in just before Rudimental came on not fussed about any of the support acts.

Didn't see any trouble near us but your always going to get a few idiots at gigs like that.

One bloke near us was on the floor out of it for the whole time Kasabian were on, what a waste of a ticket.

Have seen them a few times but last night was one of the best.

A great night in Les-tah watching one of the UK's biggest and best bands who just happen to be city fans - fvcking brilliant!!!

Edited by ashby_fox