Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Kasabian

Lad near me went down in a most pit via a stray elbow to the face. Knocked him out, nobody at first realised and carried on jumping about/what have you. Think he got a few stamps on the head, not purposely, nobody realised, I only noticed because I was stood right behind him. It made me feel a bit ill at first, I literally went white I was fearing the worst. Anyway got down to him to see if he was alright, and once everyone realised somebody had gone down they all moved and helped get him up. He was semi-responsive, hasn't got a clue what day of the week it was mind. These things happen at gigs like this, you know the risks and you take them at your peril.

Went over to the med tent at the end to see if he was okay, they said he was a bit dazed and confused but he was responding well. Was going to the royal for them to check his head to see there wasn't any underlying/serious damage done.

Hope he's alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of the people were a good laugh , stood with some great Scottish guys. One of them was selling anti istermin tablets to people , telling them they were E's. Had some tosser who thought it would be fun to kick/punch/elbow/ jump on me and my girlfriend. Moved away from him and had no more trouble.

Saw that lol until someone pointed out it was a free one from the Sun lol

Who the hell were them nobheads with no tops on who were trying to start on loads of people? Me included.

Yeah they're the ones I'm on about. Actually starting on folks who weren't even anywhere close to like-minded. Everything else was standard mosh pit behaviour, which in general was actually pretty tame compared to what I expected. Still had a banging time though, just bounced the whole way through.

Very good set from Kasabian, first time I have seen them live and they were incredible.

Being outdoor though I feel you lose some of the atmosphere as the noise is so spread out.

Agree with others that say they were a lot more knobs than expected, although this is common place at Gigs. But what actually drives people to do this? What enjoyment do you get from the gig by just smashing into people and pissing everywhere? We were in a decent spot and avoided most of the trouble but just wonder what people get from the gig doing that? Almost as if these people aren't there to listen to the music at all, just whacking into people. 'Moshing' is probably the most homo-erotic thing in the world.

Yeah but judging by everyone else's comments you're making a huge thing from a select few knobheads - plenty have said (including Raj who went with his young'un) they had a great time of it and saw no trouble or anything other than the typical argy bargy you'll get a boisterous gig like this. In a crowd of 50,000 you'll invariably find a few turds, I can't believe you'd let them ruin your time. The "mentality of it all" comment is lost on me, I was expecting a LADfest but it wasn't even approaching that from my experience in the actual "venue",be it mooching about the park or in my spot before or after Kasabian pitched up.

No he's not you have not read much of the thread plenty seen punch ups.

Like I said four within yards of us you was lucky you missed it all.

Ask the guy that got knocked out for fvck all then the guy jumped on him and carried on punching him while he was out cold.

Just because you did not see it don't mean it never happened.

And no I don't lead a sheltered life far from it.

But I don't expect to spend that money to be thrown up on barged all day by people that can barely stand and wonder if the next punch thrown is aimed at me or my Mrs.

None of it was stray arms in the mosh they were all aimed punches.

Just read the rest of the thread, must have been at a different gig to everyone else as I didn't really see any trouble at all. Was about 4 or 5 rows from the front so the trouble must have been nearer the back of the gig. Everyone around me was picking everyone up as soon as they went down which was good to see, even if it is just common sense.

Someone around me had their phone found by a stranger and gave them an absolute smacker of a kiss which was quite funny to see, too. 

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Rudimental were decent and Kasabian rocked the place.

Hate getting barged about so stood well out of the way at the back, had plenty of space to do what we wanted and could still see perfectly fine. Close to the toilets too which was handy because I needed a piss every ten mins. Seen an old friend that I'd not seen for a few years and spent most of the night with him and his missus which made the night a little but sweeter.

Part of the night is making the most of what it is. Didn't see any trouble and was quite surprised at the end when the crowds were forming at the exits that nothing kicked off.

Had one dick push in the queue when we were getting in who justified the fact his mate was there was quite a fine reason for him to join the queue there. Was only a 10 minute queue. I guess if that's the only grumble I have it must've been decent.

Great buzz about the place before, throughout and after.

Was unbelievable. Best gig of my life. Didn't see any trouble near the front at all. Few lads with tops off during Rudimental who looked like they wanted to cause some, but soon split up. Class atmosphere, class set.

No he's not you have not read much of the thread plenty seen punch ups.

Like I said four within yards of us you was lucky you missed it all.

Ask the guy that got knocked out for fvck all then the guy jumped on him and carried on punching him while he was out cold.

Just because you did not see it don't mean it never happened.

And no I don't lead a sheltered life far from it.

But I don't expect to spend that money to be thrown up on barged all day by people that can barely stand and wonder if the next punch thrown is aimed at me or my Mrs.

None of it was stray arms in the mosh they were all aimed punches.

I didn't say it didn't happen - hence the "invariably there'll be a few turds" line in the post you've completely misinterpreted.

Why didn't you just move elsewhere if you were amongst twats? It's not rocket science.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

Mosh pit lol. Can't imagine the thought process behind moshing to something as soft as Kasabian - hardly angry music to throw yourself about to tbh.

Seems like people do it at these kinds of gigs just to say they 'did some moshing'.

Be interesting to see how some of those 'moshing' would have held up in a proper pit 10 years ago at a hardcore / metal gig.

Unfortunately Kasabian seem to be the 'OI OI LADS' choice of band, so you're always going to get bellends getting themselves worked up for a bit of a brawl because they're LADS... OI OI.

Incidentally I've seen some monster pits in my time at various metal gigs and nobody fights anyone, everyone looks out for one other and pick each other up straight away when they go down.

On the other hand, those banging on about 'council estate bla bla bla', I've been to some grim as **** raves / free parties full of people you'd look at and think 'shit, they look rough' and actually they're there for the tunes and they're sound - so you can't really judge people on where they come from.

• Like 2

Mosh pit lol. Can't imagine the thought process behind moshing to something as soft as Kasabian - hardly angry music to throw yourself about to tbh.

I only know one Kasabian song but I did think the same thing when I read about moshing at this gig. Thought it was something that people do at a Slayer gig or the like lol

Oh yeah, and council estates have much of the salt of the earth living on them as others have said. Some absolute diamonds.

Edited by BoneDog

Anyone see the trouble on London Road between Leicester and Forest? Apparently Leicester threw a banger into a group of Forest and went into them? These claims made by Forest lads though. .

Nope but was a lot of singing between Leicester and Derby near the front... 'Ohhhh Bobby Zamora' - all were good lads though! 

Only seen the one fight, some lad looking like he was on steds going a bit OTT in a mosh and ended up getting smacked about. 

Kasabian  :clap: 

Yeah they're the ones I'm on about. Actually starting on folks who weren't even anywhere close to like-minded. Everything else was standard mosh pit behaviour, which in general was actually pretty tame compared to what I expected. Still had a banging time though, just bounced the whole way through.

I'll admit I retaliated but I was too pissed to care.

I did also. Think a few (well, a very select few) on here were seriously under-estimating what sort of crowd this was going to attract. I've hardly been any gigs at all and I'm not remotely surprised by how it was.

Was class weren't it. Would love it if they did it again one time.

Rudimental were better than I expected as well.

Edited by Dan LCFC

Seems like people do it at these kinds of gigs just to say they 'did some moshing'.

Be interesting to see how some of those 'moshing' would have held up in a proper pit 10 years ago at a hardcore / metal gig.

Unfortunately Kasabian seem to be the 'OI OI LADS' choice of band, so you're always going to get bellends getting themselves worked up for a bit of a brawl because they're LADS... OI OI.

Christ what's this? The 'moshing' rule book or something? People were having fun.

Edited by Fosse93

Oooo our musics heavier than your music, oooo that's not a mosh pit oooo.

Bore offffff.

We're you at the gig? You can't have been if you still think they're an "oi oi lads type band" (whatever the fuk that means anyway!), the crowd was very mixed and there was a lot more older people there than I was imagining. I didn't see anybody getting worked up and starting brawls!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Had a great time and saw no trouble whatsoever. We went over to the left hand side of the stage away from the main entrance and it was much better over that side. Close to the stage but still a decent amount of room to move about.

Really no idea what people expected, if you'd seen any band that attracts a decent number of 20 - 35 year old blokes this was really not much different. Add into it the warm weather and you were going to have some some drunk people about.

Anyway, my night was great and to top it off when we got out and walked down to Welford Road my bus turned up and I was home in half an hour. Bonus!!

Edited by Babylon