Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Kasabian

I didn't say it didn't happen - hence the "invariably there'll be a few turds" line in the post you've completely misinterpreted.

Why didn't you just move elsewhere if you were amongst twats? It's not rocket science.

We were not amongst tw4ts  very nice people around us all the fighting was people passing buy.

Problem with metal fans is a lot of them (admittedly not all) seem to think everything that isn't metal is crap and screaming in a microphone is the pinnacle of singing.

Same with Indie fans.

Any other music isn't real.

Same with Indie fans.

Any other music isn't real.

Life's so much easier when you take each individual piece of music on it's own merits, there's a real mentality of if it hasn't come from years of playing pubs for £50 a night it's shit, I'm not sure why people see it that way though, all musical genres have some good and some crap.

I was completely out of my head. 

Started in Parcel Yard at 1:30, then onto New Walk, got a load of drink from some corner shop when it started getting too busy for a drink then onto Viccy Park, didn't go in until around 7 I think! Couldn't believe what I seen when I first walked in, never seen that amount of people, was surreal really. 

Don't really remember much of the music side of it, apart from Fire. 

Didn't see any trouble until some lad kicked off at a group because his 8 month pregnant wife was getting barged about a bit near the exit, what did the bloke expect? I wouldn't take my 8 month pregnant Mrs to a Kasabian gig. 

Loved the countdown to them starting, seen it at 33 seconds to go, looked behind me and the toilets were a distance away so I just whipped my shorts down and had a piss infront of everyone, thats how ****ed I was, anyone who knows me personally on here would know I would be usually be well embarrassed. Such a nob. 

Hated the after part, no Taxi, no trains, I had to walk all the way up to Abbey Park to get a taxi. 

I was completely out of my head. 

Started in Parcel Yard at 1:30, then onto New Walk, got a load of drink from some corner shop when it started getting too busy for a drink then onto Viccy Park, didn't go in until around 7 I think! Couldn't believe what I seen when I first walked in, never seen that amount of people, was surreal really. 

Don't really remember much of the music side of it, apart from Fire. 

Didn't see any trouble until some lad kicked off at a group because his 8 month pregnant wife was getting barged about a bit near the exit, what did the bloke expect? I wouldn't take my 8 month pregnant Mrs to a Kasabian gig. 

Loved the countdown to them starting, seen it at 33 seconds to go, looked behind me and the toilets were a distance away so I just whipped my shorts down and had a piss infront of everyone, thats how ****ed I was, anyone who knows me personally on here would know I would be usually be well embarrassed. Such a nob. 

Hated the after part, no Taxi, no trains, I had to walk all the way up to Abbey Park to get a taxi. 

My Bold.

They were barging her snatch (Exit)?  :D

One of the best performances I've seen them play and this was number 4 they just seem to get better and better live really hope one day they'll be able to play at the kp all in all a epic night

One of the best performances I've seen them play and this was number 4 they just seem to get better and better live really hope one day they'll be able to play at the kp all in all a epic night

Surprised how many people experienced trouble and/or didn't enjoy the day.

Saturday was the sixth time I'd seen them live and I personally thought it was the best yet & the best crowd. We were a bit further back than I've been before as we were all there with partners, even so the atmosphere was electric, didn't see any trouble at all. It seemed to me most people thoroughly enjoyed the occasion.

Shame there's always a few knobs spoilt it for people, but at the same time it seems there were a lot of people there with no previous experience of an open air gig. Unfortunately If your stood at the front centre there's a 99% chance you'll be covered in piss.

Surprised how many people experienced trouble and/or didn't enjoy the day.

Saturday was the sixth time I'd seen them live and I personally thought it was the best yet & the best crowd. We were a bit further back than I've been before as we were all there with partners, even so the atmosphere was electric, didn't see any trouble at all. It seemed to me most people thoroughly enjoyed the occasion.

Shame there's always a few knobs spoilt it for people, but at the same time it seems there were a lot of people there with no previous experience of an open air gig.

Probably the same ones moaning about not getting a taxi, like there wasn't another 49,999 people also wanting one.

Been to loads of big gigs and this was literally the first time I've ever managed to get a bus or a taxi home, thought I'd be walking it (which I didn't mind). Be thankful it's in Leicester and you aren't stuck in another city sleeping in a doorway lol

Shame there's always a few knobs spoilt it for people, but at the same time it seems there were a lot of people there with no previous experience of an open air gig. Unfortunately If your stood at the front centre there's a 99% chance you'll be covered in piss.

Not that it detracted from the day, as I enjoyed the whole thing thoroughly, and Kasabian themselves were excellent, but having just spent 4 days at Download Festival, without witnessing a single ounce of trouble, it does make you wonder why some people can't last three songs before having to get into a scrap (as I saw between about 5/6 idiots right next to me). Is it that difficult to just enjoy the music?

Edited by AdamN

was a cracking day went in about 7:30 after a few around town didn't even realise the Rutland and Derby had a roof terrace but will definitely be using that again, didn't see a mass amount of trouble, but i guess we weren't that close to the front (stage left just in front of the speaker stack) seen a girl who was on someone's shoulders get clobbered with a pint glass at one point and a bit of a scuffle broke out next to us but was hand bags really. Out door gigs always attracts the LAD culture, the trouble that used to be at Oasis gigs seems to have migrated to Kasabian, Arctic Monkeys etc now. Had to be the police's worst nightmare it being a hot sunny day, just encouraged people to go on an all dayer, shame that 5% of people think they need to fight really but i guess thats what M-Kat, Ket etc does to some people! Surprised no one has mentioned the portaloo queues! days like Saturday I'm glad im not a lass although my mate had the tom tits so did feel sorry for him if I'm honest. 

Incidentally I've seen some monster pits in my time at various metal gigs and nobody fights anyone, everyone looks out for one other and pick each other up straight away when they go down.

The only part of this post I agree with. Pits at gigs like this usually have a fair proportion of twats who aren't actually clued up on Pit etiquette(slightly ironic I know). Example: I had to explain to a guy why he shouldn't go into a pit with a leather belt in his hands...

But I'll try and mosh at every gig I go to ranging from Mikill Pane and TDCC to Motorhead and Enter Shikari, otherwise I get bored. 

Fvcking loved the amount of pyro!

Quite a few big gigs now a days go down this road to squeeze a few pounds more out the punters....... 

Well as i've mentioned a few times in this thread i'd quite like it to go to DVD so i'd be more than happy, doubt i'd go and see it at the cinema but i'd buy a DVD (Within reason of price)

• Like 1