Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Kasabian

Glastonbury are going to get one hell of a treat

Talking of Treat, anyone think that didn't go down as well?

I expected the crowd to love that, but felt it was abit flat when they played that song (I'm only talking marginal but thought everyone would be going mad for that song) - Perhaps people didn't know the song that well, one of my favourites of the new album.

Bumblebee and Stevie went down very well, another 2 of my favourites of the new album but didn't think Treat went down aswell as those two songs.

Wish they could have shoehorned Bow in somewhere aswell.

Talking of Treat, anyone think that didn't go down as well?

I expected the crowd to love that, but felt it was abit flat when they played that song (I'm only talking marginal but thought everyone would be going mad for that song) - Perhaps people didn't know the song that well, one of my favourites of the new album.

Bumblebee and Stevie went down very well, another 2 of my favourites of the new album but didn't think Treat went down aswell as those two songs.

Wish they could have shoehorned Bow in somewhere aswell.

Thought it was okay..I don't think any of their new stuff went down as well as expected to be fair.

Their older material was mental though, I agree I'd like to have seen bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone said earlier in the thread they heard something about it being filmed for a DVD, not sure if they were serious or not but I hope that's true, although I went and really enjoyed it, think i'd appreciate it more seeing it on a DVD!

If you watch the last YouTube clip you posted you can see one of those cameras on a boom arm at the side of the stage that swoops over the crowd.

Seen kasabian many times, gave that a miss last night as knew it would be a council estate knees up, the new album is absolute wank too apart from stevie.

Nothing like tarring everyone with the same brush.

I do find that very offensive I come from a council house and would never do what these people do.

No I am not the exception either.

Scum come from all walks of life not just from a council house.

Karl not just getting at you this is for everyone that think only scum live in a council house.

I was surprised by the amount of women squatting for a piss, the people trying to cover them were hiding there heads but not much else lol

I'm absolutely shattered now though, getting a taxi back was a struggle too

Brilliant gig. Didn't see any scraps. Thought the crowd was no different to any other outdoor gig I've been too.

Seems like some need to get off there high horse.

I can't understand people who get in the thick of it but moan they are getting bumped into.

Seen kasabian many times, gave that a miss last night as knew it would be a council estate knees up, the new album is absolute wank too apart from stevie.

very patronising comment..

Nothing like tarring everyone with the same brush.

I do find that very offensive I come from a council house and would never do what these people do.

No I am not the exception either.

Scum come from all walks of life not just from a council house.

Karl not just getting at you this is for everyone that think only scum live in a council house.

I live on a council estate, ive even bought the house, I wouldn't go around throwing piss at gigs or fighting, but this sounds like a normal Saturday night where I live!

Not mine and would not take mine.

But Why Should It Not Be a Place to Take a Kid That Loves the Band.?

Took my 5 year old(will be 6 in sept)and apart from having a kip as ive told she bloody loved everybit..got loads of hugs and kisses from a group from glasgow cos they thought she was so cool and cute!!! lol!

Brilliant gig. Didn't see any scraps. Thought the crowd was no different to any other outdoor gig I've been too.

Seems like some need to get off there high horse.

I can't understand people who get in the thick of it but moan they are getting bumped into.

yeah there's only one thing worse than people trying to start fights at gigs and that's people who get there 7 hours early stand about 3 people deep (ie smack in the middle of where all the "lads" want to be) and refuse to even sway with the crowd and start having a cry if anyone gets in their personal space. 

much like at an away game, just use your common sense, if you want to have a 5 yard radius to do your own little jig and not get crunched when the boys come on then stand at the back of the field, like you'd head to the front if you wanted to sit at an away game. if you want to start punching people then get right in the middle and don't start punching women and kids, much like if you were unfortunate enough to be on the front row of an away and there was 3 elderly women to your left don't try and start a piley on when we score. 

Took my 5 year old(will be 6 in sept)and apart from having a kip as ive told she bloody loved everybit..got loads of hugs and kisses from a group from glasgow cos they thought she was so cool and cute!!! lol!

Good glad she enjoyed it and sounds like you did not see anything too un savoury.

yeah there's only one thing worse than people trying to start fights at gigs and that's people who get there 7 hours early stand about 3 people deep (ie smack in the middle of where all the "lads" want to be) and refuse to even sway with the crowd and start having a cry if anyone gets in their personal space.

much like at an away game, just use your common sense, if you want to have a 5 yard radius to do your own little jig and not get crunched when the boys come on then stand at the back of the field, like you'd head to the front if you wanted to sit at an away game. if you want to start punching people then get right in the middle and don't start punching women and kids, much like if you were unfortunate enough to be on the front row of an away and there was 3 elderly women to your left don't try and start a piley on when we score.

Spot on, don't quite know what people were expecting to be honest?!

We're people hoping for reserved seating? And a place to order drinks at the interval?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot on, don't quite know what people were expecting to be honest?!

We're people hoping for reserved seating? And a place to order drinks at the interval?

dunno, i guess some weren't regular gig goers but even so it's kinda common sense that where it's deep with people you aren't going to get any room so don't complain if you catch a stray elbow in the side etc. 

i think that's what starts most "scraps", big meatheads don't quite get gigs and a stray arm in the air clips said meathead round the ear, your usual gig goer would look to where it came from, have a laugh and carry on enjoying the music. but to a neanderthal that would be the signal to start a massive punch up. 

There was a lot of people in their 50s and 60s there which I think affected the atmosphere slightly

People were pissing on the fence around the war memorial too which was out of order.

Edited by Wookie

Seen them more times than I can remember....and this gig was up there with the better ones. Also saw a first for an outdoor concert. On the way out was a bloke in his late 30's early 40's squatting against the perimeter fence taking a shit. I probably should of took a pic and dropped it on spotted Leicester or something, but he looked a bit of a bruiser. Just waiting for a DvD to get put out, as there were more video cameras knocking around than usual for the stage screens.

Not been to a concert for a few years but have been to many.

Many rock concerts inc monsters of rock 3 times.

Never seen shite like what happened around us.

Was more like an 80's football match than a concert.

Why did so many people find the need to get totally wasted most of them will remember fvck all this morning.

Spent many week ends at bike rallies with harder men than most of the idiots there last night.

Yet no trouble but a few chavs have a beer and have to fight.

We had four fights around us like within 5yds with kids around us.

Likewise been to loads of gigs both in and outdoor, arctic monkey's a few years back in Manchester sounded similar to last night, also been to Glastonbury where ive witnessed very open drug use in front of minors, most of these people have no respect for themselves let alone anyone else. I prefer to watch a band and be able to wake up next day and remember at least three quarters of the set however it seems the in thing to do now to say I had 15 pints at the kasabian gig last night.

I thought it was an exceptional day. The support acts were a lot better than many people had expected, Kasabian were brilliant, it was fantastically organised, the stewards and police were not at all heavy handed which sometimes they are at events like that.

Considering there was 40K+ people there, of course you were going to get a fair share of idiots, there were people selling drugs, pickpockets and people who couldn't handle their alcohol but on the whole the crowd were brilliant and a mix of all different types of people.

A great day for the city of Leicester.

Best night of my life. I'm probably alone when saying this but I started getting a little emotional during the first couple of songs! To think this is all happening in our own backyard is quiet something, it clearly meant so much to them as well. 

Highlight of the night - The bassist Chris walking to the front at the end and saying "I hardly ever get a chance in the ****ing limelight but thank you Leicester for making my year" lol

The crowd were fantastic around us, and we were 3-4 rows back from the front. 

• Like 1