Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

What are you playing right now?

Pick up Shogun: Total War for about a fiver and give that a go. If you like it and your computer is good enough then get some of the more recent Total War games.

The building isn't real time, it's turn based on a map a bit like Civilization. But then when you go into battle you get big, epic battles with full formations in real time. There isn't a more realistic strategy sim on the market. Even that Roman history generals program on TV used Rome: Total War as it's basis.

The Total War series are good fun. The new Shogun is coming out soon, my comp should just about run it.

My favourites:

1) Napolean Total War

2) Rome Total War

3) Empire Total War

I have never played the original Shogun or Medieval ones but the rest are pretty good.

Currently playing good old FM07* on the PC and a beautiful thing called Muramasa: The Demon Blade on the Wii:

*(After 2 seasons as manager of Atletico Paranaense in Brazil, I have now taken over the mess, that is Boca Juniors - fun stuff.)

Shogun and Medieval 2 are my favourites.

Shogun and Medieval 1 used a slightly different map system though, the regions were more rigid and you had to go fight your way through them unlike the new 3D maps.

Shogun is much harder than some of the others, though. The advanced diplomacy and the Pope in the Medieval games keeps you pretty safe and out of harm's way. But if you don't act fast in Shogun you get buttphucked. lol

Shogun and Medieval 2 are my favourites.

Shogun and Medieval 1 used a slightly different map system though, the regions were more rigid and you had to go fight your way through them unlike the new 3D maps.

Shogun is much harder than some of the others, though. The advanced diplomacy and the Pope in the Medieval games keeps you pretty safe and out of harm's way. But if you don't act fast in Shogun you get buttphucked. lol

Medieval 2 was alright but the movement pathing of the units really pissed me off, especially cavalry. One of the units would get stuck somewhere and the whole unit would never get up to charging speed, which meant they usually get slaughtered :cry:

My cavalry were nearly always coming from somewhere behind so it didn't really bother me.

I loved Medieval 2 but I loved it more for the strategy mode than the battles, to be honest. Mostly because something like 90% of my battles ended up being sieges and I don't really enjoy them as much.

Fifa 11.

Completely lost interest in Black Ops and other Call of dutys.

Exactly the same here! played WaW and MW2 too much, but just lost interest in Black Ops after 2 days of playing :)

But FIFA is really addicting when playing Pro Clubs, too bad I aint got club anymore. :(

Exactly the same here! played WaW and MW2 too much, but just lost interest in Black Ops after 2 days of playing :)

But FIFA is really addicting when playing Pro Clubs, too bad I aint got club anymore. :(

Blatant attempt at a club invitation. You're getting no sympathy from me :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to get back into Fifa 11 but just struggling, i really didn't like this edition much at all and thought the update might get me to like it abit more.. Still time to but just really not feeling it

Mario Galaxy 2. Again.

I'm now up to 200 stars.

51 to go isn't it?

:crylaugh:lol I so could not be arsed with that, The Princess is getting rescued then it is getting sold! Really not a fan of it compared to the first one just more of the same.

Rock Band 3 mixed with a bit of FIFA until tomorrow when it'll be Fight Night which will be the first game I have bought in donkeys!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived