Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Nicky Maynard

they're going to need a 3rd/4th choice. Kuyt has played more on the wing this year and Ngog is just crap, maynard wouldn't be particuarly expensive where liverpool are concerned and could prove a valuable assett if injuries set in.

you really think at this stage of his career he would settle for 4th choice striker?

If so then he definitely isnt the player for us. We want hungry players who want to play...

you really think at this stage of his career he would settle for 4th choice striker?

If so then he definitely isnt the player for us. We want hungry players who want to play...

No i don't, Nicky is a very ambitious, down to earth lad who bought his mum as opposed to an agent when he signed for us. I don't think he would sign anywhere if he felt he wouldn't consistently play, however how many people would turn down the chance to play for liverpool at any stage of their career?

No i don't, Nicky is a very ambitious, down to earth lad who bought his mum as opposed to an agent when he signed for us. I don't think he would sign anywhere if he felt he wouldn't consistently play, however how many people would turn down the chance to play for liverpool at any stage of their career?

Sorry chap, not wanting to bite youe head off but i think you nearly hit the nail on the head.

You said 'play' for liverpool. I cant see in any way, shape or form, Maynard getting into the liverpool squad, let alone play. HE could expect the odd game at best.

Sorry chap, not wanting to bite youe head off but i think you nearly hit the nail on the head.

You said 'play' for liverpool. I cant see in any way, shape or form, Maynard getting into the liverpool squad, let alone play. HE could expect the odd game at best.

He'd probably be further down the pecking order than the clinical N'gog

If that was the case he wouldn't have gone from Crewe to Bristol City.

Maynard to Liverpool just lol

Why not? At the time we'd just lost in the playoffs but looked a good bet for the next season. At no point in this thread have i said he will go to Liverpool, I said a club of Liverpool's size.

Why not? At the time we'd just lost in the playoffs but looked a good bet for the next season. At no point in this thread have i said he will go to Liverpool, I said a club of Liverpool's size.

Man Utd is the only other club the size of Liverpool

Everton would be a good bet, similar move for them as taking Beckford.

Beckford was a free transfer though. Everton aren't exactly flush for cash so paying £4-5 million on a championship striker is a big risk to take, so it isn't similar at all.

Man Utd is the only other club the size of Liverpool

You honestly think Man Utd would be interested in Nicky Maynard, your a idiot. They have Berabatov, Rooney, Hernandez, Owen why on earth would they want Maynard?? fool.

just joining in this bitch fest ;)

Beckford was a free transfer though. Everton aren't exactly flush for cash so paying £4-5 million on a championship striker is a big risk to take, so it isn't similar at all.

As a player.

Why bite bcfc's head off for just stating that in his opinion he could join a bigger club than us?

If he was to be 3rd choice at a PL club he'd still get on most weeks and get the chance to impress

Welcome to FT

You honestly think Man Utd would be interested in Nicky Maynard, your a idiot. They have Berabatov, Rooney, Hernandez, Owen why on earth would they want Maynard?? fool.

just joining in this bitch fest ;)

Er........I didnt say he was going to join did I.

I was merely pointing out that BCFC said that Maynard will join a club the same size as Liverpool which only leaves Man Utd. Which is a ridiculous statement on his behalf!

Top half of Championship or bottom half of Premiership if he does leave

Er........I didnt say he was going to join did I.

I was merely pointing out that BCFC said that Maynard will join a club the same size as Liverpool which only leaves Man Utd. Which is a ridiculous statement on his behalf!

Top half of Championship or bottom half of Premiership if he does leave

Either you didnt know I was joking or I dont know your joking now. haha

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/news/City-switch-Maynard-Yakubu-turns/article-3651619-detail/article.html

Leicester City are expected to target Bristol City striker Nicky Maynard if they fail to land Yakubu.

The 24-year-old has emerged as a strong alternative if the Nigerian international decides against a proposed move from Everton to the Walkers Stadium.

Maynard is highly rated and City are extremely interested, although a £5 million price tag could be a problem.

In addition, he has only recently returned from a serious knee injury, having missed the majority of last season following knee surgery. But he returned in February and scored six times in 13 appearances.

Although the Robins say no offer has been made from any club, City are expected to test their resolve with a bid considerably lower than the asking price, especially as Maynard has only a year left on his current contract and is stalling on signing a new one.

Both Maynard and Yakubu were on City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson's list of possible targets, but City would not try to sign both, and sources on Merseyside say a deal for Yakubu has been done with the Toffees.

The transfer was expected to go through but the 28-year-old, who was on loan at City last season, is understood to be stalling because he is reluctant to drop down to the Championship.

A more than adequate alternative to the Yak I reckon.

Hard working, pacey and knows where the goal is. I think he'd be an A1 partner to Nugent. Just sort out a deal for Kebe, Paintsil and a new keeper afterwards.

Archived