Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Nicky Maynard

They won't let him go for £2 million by the sounds of it but if we're happy to up it to £3.5 I think that might be enough. £5 million is a lot of money, then again we've got to be prepared to pay over the odds once in a while or we'll end up with nothing worth a name.

They won't let him go for £2 million by the sounds of it but if we're happy to up it to £3.5 I think that might be enough. £5 million is a lot of money, then again we've got to be prepared to pay over the odds once in a while or we'll end up with nothing worth a name.

We have an interesting situation on our hands.

He is out of contract in 1 season and will be over the age of 24 and so will be able to leave on a free. Do they REALLY want to risk losing him for nothing?

We have an interesting situation on our hands.

He is out of contract in 1 season and will be over the age of 24 and so will be able to leave on a free. Do they REALLY want to risk losing him for nothing?

Considering he is there best player they've had in ages, they might gamble to keep him for one more season, If they want a playoff chance , because there.near enough a 1 man team!! But if we put bid. In for 3.5mil I think they will sell!! Nothing less though

a club official has said there has been no bids yet for maynard despite what's been reported. i think £2 million will be rejected outright however £3-3.5 million plus add ons for goals, apperances etc might be worth considering on our part. We already have the perfect foil for maynard in Pitman so we can almost afford to lose maynard for £3-3.5 million.

Also somebody mentioned Ryan Taylor, he's seen as more of an understudy to Stead who had an injury hit season. I still think though, if maynard goes it'll be to a prem team.

a club official has said there has been no bids yet for maynard despite what's been reported. i think £2 million will be rejected outright however £3-3.5 million plus add ons for goals, apperances etc might be worth considering on our part. We already have the perfect foil for maynard in Pitman so we can almost afford to lose maynard for £3-3.5 million.

Also somebody mentioned Ryan Taylor, he's seen as more of an understudy to Stead who had an injury hit season. I still think though, if maynard goes it'll be to a prem team.

Only time will tell on this one

2 m plus add ons taking it to 4m ??? aint that more than the 3 3-5m

Yes but he said £3/£3.5m WITH add ons.

He's in the last year of his contract, that means his value is reduced whether they like it or not. Can't imagine anyone but a desperate prem club paying anything like the £5m they want. Waiting for that means they are gambling losing him for nothing. They can't force him out the door in Jan. He's more likely to wait for his free transfer and collect big wages somewhere.

didn't read it properly sorry!!! plus if we bid 2 million it is under what they paid for him they dont have to pay crewe any of the sell on clause?

Crew have a 25% sell on clause.... but ala football manager style( :whistle: ) i dont know if this means of any future fee or of any profit... well they bought him for 2.25m from Crewe. if its 25% of any fee that would be unable to make a loss on him so would need at least 3.1m.. if its just 25% of any profit... then we could, theotetically , with only a year on his contract remaining get him for less of an initial fee. 2.5m im thinking. This would help them get their investment back and start planning for the future . Would probably need to get some add-ons going like 500k after 30 goals and 1m on promotion or something like that..

Infact.. Top, im available all day for transfer negociations. :cool:

Crew have a 25% sell on clause.... but ala football manager style( :whistle: ) i dont know if this means of any future fee or of any profit... well they bought him for 2.25m from Crewe. if its 25% of any fee that would be unable to make a loss on him so would need at least 3.1m.. if its just 25% of any profit... then we could, theotetically , with only a year on his contract remaining get him for less of an initial fee. 2.5m im thinking. This would help them get their investment back and start planning for the future . Would probably need to get some add-ons going like 500k after 30 goals and 1m on promotion or something like that..

Infact.. Top, im available all day for transfer negociations. :cool:

My one concern with Maynard if we do sign him is his injury problem, however I can see a team like Swansea swooping in for him too.

it isn't really an injury problem, it's two freak injuries that could've happened to anybody. I will admit i was worried about how he'd bounce back from his knee injury but he showed no indication that it was troubling him and got match fit ridiculously quickly.

it isn't really an injury problem, it's two freak injuries that could've happened to anybody. I will admit i was worried about how he'd bounce back from his knee injury but he showed no indication that it was troubling him and got match fit ridiculously quickly.

That's good then, the knee is allwas a funny one for me, one of our own Tunchev has suffered two serious knee injuries and I worry he will never be the same player again!

That's good then, the knee is allwas a funny one for me, one of our own Tunchev has suffered two serious knee injuries and I worry he will never be the same player again!

good for us ;)

never heard of this bloke, could be a replacement for maynard?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6992559,00.html

as i mentioned above, he's seen more as a understudy to stead.

Archived