Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Nicky Maynard

Good player at this level. Certainly would have no problems seeing him in our squad for next season.

However, we are going to have to pay over the odds for him, and I think there may be better value players around for the fees that Bristol City are going to be wanting.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Nicky-Maynard-of-Bristol-City-wanted-by-Leicester-s-Sven-Goran-Eriksson-article729382.html

Sven Goran Eriksson is preparing a £3million bid for Bristol City striker Nicky Maynard.

Leicester boss Eriksson has earmarked Maynard as a top target this summer and will test the Robins' resolve with a firm offer.

Eriksson has been assured of major funds by the Foxes board and wants the 24-year-old to spearhead his charge for the Premier League next season.

Maynard only returned for the Robins in February after a long-term knee injury but has already scored six goals this season.

Yes please

Oh dear! Some of their fans talk utter shite!! A sideways, downwards step!? Someone remind me where they are this season compared to us where they finished last season, and a little bit of history!? Nice to see one of them that was being realistic and admitting we are a bigger club with rich owners, a great manager and better fans.

Like him but i think 3M is a bit of a gamble for someone who,s just come back from a long spell out with injury. Id take it with a pinch of salt anyway. We,re going to be linked with almost everyone this summer due to the cash we have. We,ve been linked with loads already ie, M king, Westwood, Heskey, Kebe, Given. But we all know sven will go for Prem youth on loan! :glare:

"a slightly downwards sideways move". lol.

We're a lot more of an attractive club than Bristol City. If we have a bid accepted for him, I'd be pretty confident of him signing.

Archived