Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Nicky Maynard

Haha Bristol City fans are idiots, it would be good to get him just to laugh in their faces

What a stupid statement to make. So all Bristol City fans are idiots are they? Only a moron t would make a statement like that.

You reckon you hope to be at Doncaster University in a year or so? You're the idiot ! Bloody pathetic, aren't you?

Hopefully we sign yakubu aswell. I know he hasn't been that impressive, but if he was a permanent signing he would probably have more heart and drive. HIm and maynard have the potential to be deadly in the championship :scarf:

He's scored 9 goals in 18 games. Were you expecting a goal a game?

He's scored 9 goals in 18 games. Were you expecting a goal a game?

You know with the amount of chances he's had he probably could have had a goal a game.

And there is more to performances than goals, even as a striker.

If only Sven had dropped him earlier, I wasn't surprised to see him work hard and bag 2 after getting a kick up the arse.

You know with the amount of chances he's had he probably could have had a goal a game.

And there is more to performances than goals, even as a striker.

If only Sven had dropped him earlier, I wasn't surprised to see him work hard and bag 2 after getting a kick up the arse.

Gary Lineker?

did bugger all here other than score goals...

£3-5m costs lol? It's costing us £1m and it's only one game not a whole preseason. God brfc are bitter that we are a better club than they are and are taking their prized striker

Bristol Rovers? :whistle:

Gary Lineker?

did bugger all here other than score goals...

Not really, he made good runs off the ball and worked hard. Yakubu does neither of those things, and is nowhere near as lethal as Lineker. How many times has he scuffed a big chance wide? There was a five game period where he did nothing but that.

He has too many performances like the Forest one. He's either unbelievable or awful.

Yakubu can't win. Seriously people just look for reasons to hate the guy. If he doesn't score, people complain about him doing nothing, despite being one of our top assisters this season. Then, he scores, but he's meant to do more than score? He's a striker, he's meant to score. Not chase back to the corner flag, not put in crunching tackles, score. And he has been scoring. But they'll still complain, unbelievable.

He's like the opposite of Howard, and people forever complain about him. Maybe strikers as a whole can't win. Or maybe our fans are just expecting way too much.

That's the last I'll say on Yakubu, I for one hope we sign him, his record in this division is great, and with Maynard there scoring as well they could form a brilliant partnership.

Yakubu can't win. Seriously people just look for reasons to hate the guy. If he doesn't score, people complain about him doing nothing, despite being one of our top assisters this season. Then, he scores, but he's meant to do more than score? He's a striker, he's meant to score. Not chase back to the corner flag, not put in crunching tackles, score. And he has been scoring. But they'll still complain, unbelievable.

He's like the opposite of Howard, and people forever complain about him. Maybe strikers as a whole can't win. Or maybe our fans are just expecting way too much.

That's the last I'll say on Yakubu, I for one hope we sign him, his record in this division is great, and with Maynard there scoring as well they could form a brilliant partnership.

Yeh, that's it. People are looking for reasons to hate our own players :doh:

Typical FoxesTalk reaction when somebody isn't in agreement.

Nobody hates him, if he's disliked it's for the reasons I have mentioned. If you can't see how limited we are when the striker doesn't do anything (as Yakubu has done in several games) then I wonder what game you're watching.

Football is a team game, it's not "I'll just score the goals because that's all I'm paid to do". These days a player needs to do more. And in any case, it's not like he's been converting every chance that has come his way.

This moronic claim that fans just decide to hate players is getting old. Players will come in for criticism if they're doing things wrong. That's it. You may have a different opinion, but an opinion is all it is.

Anyone remember when Jesus walked through the sea when it was all like up in the air n that?

****ing amazing!

no.

Partly because i hadn't been born then, partly because it was moses that parted the red sea in the bible but mostly because it never happened.

would be an amazing signing, with his pace he could play right mid as well

if we signed naughton our right side would be awesome.

if we had, yak, maynard, vassel and maybe someone like kebe we would surely be promoted next season.... if we get a decent keeper as well

Not really, he made good runs off the ball and worked hard. Yakubu does neither of those things, and is nowhere near as lethal as Lineker. How many times has he scuffed a big chance wide? There was a five game period where he did nothing but that.

He has too many performances like the Forest one. He's either unbelievable or awful.

are you having a laugh?

Gary Lineker did NOT work hard. his good runs were ONLY to get on the end of the ball to shoot. NOTHING else. He was a goal poacher. he stuck around the box. couldnt cross couldnt really pass. terrible with his head.. but shot and knew where the back of the net was and look how successful he was!

He's a class player and I think we'll be singing his chants before the end of the year :) I just hope Sven gets a move on, I'm dead excited about our signings this summer and with the possible Huddlestone link i'm like freaking out its so amazing.

SIGN THE YAK AND HE WILL SCORE!!!!

are you having a laugh?

Gary Lineker did NOT work hard. his good runs were ONLY to get on the end of the ball to shoot. NOTHING else. He was a goal poacher. he stuck around the box. couldnt cross couldnt really pass. terrible with his head.. but shot and knew where the back of the net was and look

how successful he was!

Sorry but surely if he's running on to a pass he still has to be in a good posstion for the pass to be made , and the amount off goals he scored you can't say he never made good runs,

Would be an immense signing! Him and the Yak up top would be deadly in the championship.

I think it would take more than 3 million and a decent wage to get him here though as Blackburn are supposed to be interested.

If he did come his name would be on my back next season!

They'll sell if we put in a good enough offer. But it'd surely have to be in the £4 million barrier. Who knows, with a possible Waghorn sale on the cards we might just go for it.

£3m Maynard + Waggy?

:whistle:

Archived