Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Nicky Maynard

Aye yeah, if Waggy's not going to feature next season, see if they'll take him and a few million, rather than 4-5mill.

Won't need to pay a few million for a Championship player with only a year left on his contract. He'll be worth not a lot come January and be on a free in the summer. His value will rise if a Premier League club show an interest but otherwise Bristol City will know that his short contract will reduce his price tag.

Link

According to the guardian (see bottom of page of link) NickyMaynard is our number 1 target.

He would be a great signing IMO

And in the much more interesting world of the Championship, Barnsley are lining up the former Tykes manager and Grand Drive frontman Danny Wilson for a return to Oakwell, Derby County have made a £1.25m offer for Leicester's Martyn Waghorn (and will follow it up with a £300,000 bid for Watford's John Eustace), while the Foxes have made Bristol City's Nicky Maynard their No1 summer target.

Link

According to the guardian (see bottom of page of link) NickyMaynard is our number 1 target.

He would be a great signing IMO

yesterdays paper had paul lambert about to put in a 5 million pound bid so can see us out of this one even with the rich owners

According to my Norwich supporting mate they've mad a £5.5 million bid for him. When I asked him where this come from he said a newspaper..... :unsure:

£5.5 million for an striker, unproven outside of the championship, with a year left on his contract?

Surely no one is mad enough to do that?

With more and more clubs interested in him it will drive his price up, and he'd be a risk worth taking in my opinion, but anything approaching £4 million is the most I'd go. If someone wants to play their hand early to secure his services then so be it, but if everyone remians cool and makes an approach in January, providing he doesn't sign a new contract, then £4 mill suddenly becomes £2 mill.

According to my Norwich supporting mate they've mad a £5.5 million bid for him. When I asked him where this come from he said a newspaper..... :unsure:

I've stopped relying on newspapers a long time ago.

There's more and more journalists that fail to do their job, fabricate their own stories and numbers and don't even get me started on players' agents.

Both parties tend to create a dangerous cocktail during transfer windows, and summers are usually the worst.

£5.5 million for Nicky Maynard? Well, there you go.

If he wants out, £3m would be a good deal for Brizzle. They can't afford to keep an unhappy player for a year and then let him go for sod all surely?

• 2 weeks later...

Liverpool who spent a combined 55m on 2 strikers in January......

they're going to need a 3rd/4th choice. Kuyt has played more on the wing this year and Ngog is just crap, maynard wouldn't be particuarly expensive where liverpool are concerned and could prove a valuable assett if injuries set in.

Archived