Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Nicky Maynard

Injury prone, suffered a serious leg break at Crewe and has had a few bad knee injuries at Bristol City. Would be a massive gamble for me at anything over £2 million.

Are you saying he is prone to leg breaks? As far as I know he has had a leg break plus one other injury which kept him sidelined at Bristol City from the summer to February last season, when he then scored 6 goals in 13 games.

I'd say his injury has healed and suggest that he is no more likely to get injured than anyone else!

Are you saying he is prone to leg breaks? As far as I know he has had a leg break plus one other injury which kept him sidelined at Bristol City from the summer to February last season, when he then scored 6 goals in 13 games.

I'd say his injury has healed and suggest that he is no more likely to get injured than anyone else!

I'm saying he's had 2 serious injuries, it would make me think twice about wedging out £3-5 million on him. If he's over his problems then there's no question he's good enough at this level but I have concerns about him.

Anyone get the feeling the merc just took that story from here!

New on here

I think 90% of our rumours are from this site , merc, tanner , stringer etc ...

I feel(hope!!) the club have learnt a lesson from the Curtis Davis saga (him announcing via twitter etc ).

Well come good just got to wait ..!

I Feel all signings will be announced in two groups ,So as not to show are cards so to speak.

Remember it's a big wide world out there loads of players not just players you lot rate .... Have we really missed any one ??? No really ?

Last summer would you have thought we would have been linked with the yak( let alone sign? all be it loan) and have Sven as manager ??

Any thing is still possible all bets are on !!

New on here

I feel(hope!!) the club have learnt a lesson from the Curtis Davis saga (him announcing via twitter etc ).

I Feel all signings will be announced in two groups ,So as not to show are cards so to speak.

Remember it's a big wide world out there loads of players not just players you lot rate .... Have we really missed any one ??? No really ?

Last summer would you have thought we would have been linked with the yak( let alone sign? all be it loan) and have Sven as manager ??

EXACTLY! I trust Sven 100% and have a lot of faith in his job. Like you said, anything is possible..

New on here

That's it, too much sense spoken in one post, and it's your first post too?? carry on like that sunshine and you'll be outta here :ph34r:

Think that is the first other team forum I have looked at a toPic relating to Leicester were we haven't been slagged off as a club.

For some reason everyone hates Leicester, other then ourselves!! Bit like other countries dislike to England!! WIred

Think that is the first other team forum I have looked at a toPic relating to Leicester were we haven't been slagged off as a club.

Most of them slag of us as a city as well. Funny when they say 'oh why would he go to Leicester it's a shithole' and they themselves are from Derby, Millwall etc.

Are they insane in the Brizzle forum? 5mill plus?

No chance.

Only 1 year left on his contract, stalling on signing a new one. Conclusion, he wants to leave. £5m, in the circumstances, no chance. To be fair though, could cost £3m + add-ons. Worth it!

Didn't realise they had paid so much for him. No way they would reject £3m for a player in the last year of his contract, I can't imagine they are flush with cash, so I'm fairly sure they can't risk losing him for nothing in the summer.

It's ok them saying he'll go in Jan etc. But if he gets to January he'll probably hang on until the summer and leave for nothing, picking up huge wages somewhere in the process.

Didn't realise they had paid so much for him. No way they would reject £3m for a player in the last year of his contract, I can't imagine they are flush with cash, so I'm fairly sure they can't risk losing him for nothing in the summer.

It's ok them saying he'll go in Jan etc. But if he gets to January he'll probably hang on until the summer and leave for nothing, picking up huge wages somewhere in the process.

The club has never been that well off, but with Steve Lansdowne in the back ground, awash with cash, a hole could be plugged. Rumours are he literally signed David James which rather quickly prompted the resignation of Coppell.

Will probably get slated for this but...

What is the hype with Nicky Maynard? Sure he's a good player but he's had one prolific season in the Championship (fair enough he was injured for most of this season)... I mean £5M?! I would probs pay £2M max!

Maynard is definitely worth the money. Newcastle had a 6 mil bid turned down in January and Liverpool were supposedly looking at him if they didnt get suarez. Hes an excellent player that cost 2.5 three years ago so no doubt its doubled. Still only 24 and a better option than the yak. Both would be nice but at least maynard will run and show some effort

From Mirror Football.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Everton-transfer-news-Leicester-set-abandon-Yakubu-chase-sign-strikers-Nicky-Maynard-David-Nugent-article747901.html

Sven-Goran Eriksson has made a £2million bid to nab Bristol City striker Nicky Maynard.

With Everton’s Yakubu stalling over a permanent move to the Foxes, Eriksson has moved swiftly for Maynard, 24.

The Bristolians want £5m for their prizedpossession, who has been out for nine months with a serious knee injury.

Leicester’s Thai owners are ready to fork out £2m, plus a package linked to goals that could push the deal closer to £4m.

Eriksson is also snapping up one-cap England star David Nugent on a free after he left Portsmouth, four years after they paid £6m for him

From Mirror Football.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Everton-transfer-news-Leicester-set-abandon-Yakubu-chase-sign-strikers-Nicky-Maynard-David-Nugent-article747901.html

Sven-Goran Eriksson has made a £2million bid to nab Bristol City striker Nicky Maynard.

With Everton’s Yakubu stalling over a permanent move to the Foxes, Eriksson has moved swiftly for Maynard, 24.

The Bristolians want £5m for their prizedpossession, who has been out for nine months with a serious knee injury.

Leicester’s Thai owners are ready to fork out £2m, plus a package linked to goals that could push the deal closer to £4m.

Eriksson is also snapping up one-cap England star David Nugent on a free after he left Portsmouth, four years after they paid £6m for him

That sounds more realistic than 5 Mill

Archived