Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Nile Ranger

• 3 months later...

We should have bought him.

Newcastle United striker Nile Ranger has been charged with being drunk and disorderly following a night out with friends in the city.

Northumbria Police officers arrested the 20-year-old in the early hours of Sunday in Newcastle's Cathedral Square.

A spokesman said he was due before Newcastle magistrates on 17 November.

Police said the player, who joined the club in 2008, was questioned for more than four hours before he was charged and released on bail.

The spokesman said: "At 1.40am on Sunday, October 30, police arrested a 20-year-old man for being drunk and disorderly in the Cathedral Square area of Newcastle city centre.

"Nile Ranger, 20, has been charged and will appear at Newcastle Magistrates' Court on 17 November."

The player has only just been reinstated to Newcastle's first-team training after a three-month exile in the club's reserves.

Sunday's arrest could land him in trouble with the club if it is proved he broke a curfew on consuming alcohol 48 hours before Monday's trip to Stoke.

He was told to find a new club in the summer after several warnings about his discipline.

Newcastle United has so far declined to comment.

• 10 months later...

Thank heavens we didn't sign this pleb( :P ) just been arrested and charged with criminal damage Sky Sports news).

I hope those TV commentators who were drooling over him when playing against us are enjoying the taste of the egg on their faces.

Thank heavens we didn't sign this pleb( :P ) just been arrested and charged with criminal damage Sky Sports news).

I hope those TV commentators who were drooling over him when playing against us are enjoying the taste of the egg on their faces.

Haha you scared me there, thought we were signing the cvnt. How many arrests does it take for him to be thrown into prison?

Im assuming this is tongue in cheek?

England U19 player Ranger — who came on as a substitute in Newcastle’s 2-2 draw with Chelsea yesterday — is a former gang member who was once locked up over a mugging. But he had vowed to change his ways.

I don't how much he changes his ways, don't want an ex-con rudeboi mugger anywhere near our club.

(Whoops! Didn't realise how old this thread was).

Some people reckon that Nile Ranger is most effective in a 4-4-1-1 formation.

I mean, as a lone striker in a classic big man/little man combination: lone Ranger up front with a sidekick, say the Spanish No. 10 Tonto, behind him in the hole, but I reckon that's just stupid and might lack penetration.

I reckon what we need is more pace on the break in away games. I read a scouting report on 1 potential recruit: "Like a streak of lightning flashing across the sky, like the swiftest arrow whizzing from a bow, like a mightly cannon ball he seems to fly; You'll hear about him everywhere you go". OK, he might sound like just another Lloyd Dyer, but it sounds as if he has a higher profile, which would enhance the merchandising opportunities. Am I alone in thinking we should spurn the lone Ranger idea and instead take Champion the Wonder Horse on loan?

I'll get my coat...

Archived