Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Nile Ranger

He is utter gash.

Hence why they want rid.

He signed a new 5.5 yr contract recently So a loan I guess.

Unsure really, doesn't look too bad when I've seen him but don't know if he'd fit into our system as such. Could be good in a 4-4-2.

When i seen him play against us when they were in the championship he looked quality I think that game was his debut

He was average, the commentators were doing their usual Newcastle love in. I think he was compared to Ronaldinho in his prime during the game :frusty:

Has been offered to us by Newcastle.

If we want promotion this year we need something better than him, if he comes here he will just coming on from the bench......so he will just be in the same frustrating position.......So logically why would he/we.. that's a no.

Offered to us only? Or other clubs, too?

I believe from an article i've read this morning is that he has been offered to us, and other clubs. I believe on the premise of a season loan with a purchase price afterwards.

From what i have seen of him, he has got bags of pace, and a fair few tricks up his sleeves, but his finishing is as clinical as Waghorn's.

Therefore he would be another benchwarmer, who might make an impact sub, just as he did whilst at Newcastle. He had opportunities to play 1st choice when Newcastle had no other choice due to injuries. He hardly pulled up trees.

Newcastle are trying to offload players to reduce wages. I'd say this lad is on a fair whack, and won't deliver the goods should he join us.

I see. A couple of Geordie fans I know from another forum echo similar words to yours, to an extent, as well as other negative traits:

If someone who actually wanted to make it had been blessed with the talent he was, then they would be a top class player.

However, he isn't at all interested. He turns up to training late and hungover every day and is an all round arsehole.

He hasn't progressed at all in the last few years. He is OK to bring on in the last few minutes to scare tired defenders with his pace and strength but that is it.

I honestly don't know whether or not he will cut it in the Championship.

He needs to play week in week out in the Championship.

He can be a nuisance to the opposition defenders but has a lot of work on his shooting to do. Work that he refuses to do. The bloke needs a slap and a culture shock.

Fact is he is failing, you can't get away from that, he should be in the U21s at this stage, he isn't. Last season he was a very good impact sub at times, have a go at tired legs. Whenever he starts he looks lazy and plays like a young Ameobi.

When he broke into the team in the Championship everything must have went to his head because he drifted off. Players and Managers have openly criticised his attitude.

Hardly glowing reviews! If that's anything to go by, I suggest Sven should steer clear and reject the kind offer from Newcastle!

No thanks.

No doubt Sky will big him up as the next Alan Shearer like they did when we played them!

Agree with that.

________

I don't rate him, and I don't want him even more after looking at what the Newcastle fans have said about him, clearly not the player we want around the club.

Archived