Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JohnnyB

North Korean striker Jong/Chong Tae-Se

it's quite obvious that it's a racist statement, I didn't say it was a negative one though. making an assumption about someone base on the colour of their skin is racist, surely. I bet andy king is all left feet on the dance floor at the Christmas party, whereas that Lloyd dyer.... and don't even get me started on how big his penis must be! (plus he probably likes fried chicken)

So it's stereotyping?

and I don't think he ever mentioned any skin colour.

"belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races"

I'd have to agree that it's a streotype not a racist remark.

It's not racist! I agree that most of them do have a greater work ethic too and it must be because of the culture they are brought up in. My South Korean friend puts twice as much effort into everything than most people i know from this country and it's definitely a trend i've noticed.

it's quite obvious that it's a racist statement, I didn't say it was a negative one though. making an assumption about someone base on the colour of their skin is racist, surely. I bet andy king is all left feet on the dance floor at the Christmas party, whereas that Lloyd dyer.... and don't even get me started on how big his penis must be! (plus he probably likes fried chicken)

Stop making it out to be something it's not, you're going ridiculously over the top.

Look - I made the statement based on a generalisation that South East asian people tend to have a better work Ethic than Europeans. This is generally factually true - It is no way a racist comment. And the point I was making, if he has the ability, he will work hard to ensure his game can adapt to the demands of the Championship - just like Yuke has done.

sorry people, the sad fact is that the post was a bit racist! Wikipedia, that all powerful font of knowledge states "Racism is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race". now if any of you can claim that the post isn't racist, then I'm sven's left testicle. positive racism is still racism, over and out!

This guy was superb against Brazil last year.

Budget depending, I don't really have an issue with him coming to LCFC...better than what we have right now.

Corrected: I meant to say Steve Howard or Darius Vassell, both of which I don't really rate in terms of goal-scoring record or pace that can trouble a defence.

This guy was superb against Brazil last year.

Budget depending, I don't really have an issue with him coming to LCFC...better than what we have right now. And by that I mean Jack Hobbs, who clearly shows desire to be re-united with Pearson at Hull.

Hobbs is a CB, this guy is a striker?

To be honest i couldn't give a dam if people find it racist as i think it is not racist as he is saying GOOD things about their race. How is praising a culture for their high work rate racist ? Surely its a good thing praising another culture. I think everyone has blown this friendly comment out of proportion. By the way Wikipedia is SHIT and can't always rely on it. Can we just concentrate on more important things like the actual transfer rather than this stupid claim of racism.

What a load of old shite, this is the problem with racism that makes me not so anti-racist sounding, in fear that I'll end up sounding like one of these ****** who claim racism just for even mentioning a factual statement.

Is it racist to mention Al-Qaeda are Islam?

No, is it fvck, so get to fvck you PC-mad twats.

Rant over.

To be honest i couldn't give a dam if people find it racist as i think it is not racist as he is saying GOOD things about their race. How is praising a culture for their high work rate racist ? Surely its a good thing praising another culture. I think everyone has blown this friendly comment out of proportion.

possibly, but consider this, black people have big schlongs right, don't pretend we haven't heard that, I would say that's pretty positive. now imagine Tony Yeboah (constrictor) had a small penis, he would feel like an absolute failure! paranoid that every woman who got it out would be disappointed. if this little fella does sign, he better run around like madman.

sorry people, the sad fact is that the post was a bit racist! Wikipedia, that all powerful font of knowledge states "Racism is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race". now if any of you can claim that the post isn't racist, then I'm sven's left testicle. positive racism is still racism, over and out!

You missed the part about "inferior/superior" that wasn't included in his statement therefore he was commneting on a stereotype and not being racist. Really if this is the sum of your life trying to call someone racist for an innocuous and positive statement then you are extremely sad.

Please tell me you're a WUM? I hate racism, but at the same time equally hate the sensitivity surrounding it. It's almost as if everything people say can be deemed 'racist'.

possibly, but consider this, black people have big schlongs right, don't pretend we haven't heard that, I would say that's pretty positive. now imagine Tony Yeboah (constrictor) had a small penis, he would feel like an absolute failure! paranoid that every woman who got it out would be disappointed. if this little fella does sign, he better run around like madman.

That's a little bit prejudicial and offensive in your use of the word 'mad'......... lol

Truth is shade, racism as you know is about context.

It's about intent.

There is no doubt the comments made on this site are often ignorant and sometimes prejudice, being racist is a label that has great power and that label in my assessment should be applied with the understanding of intent and context.

Please tell me you're a WUM? I hate racism, but at the same time equally hate the sensitivity surrounding it. It's almost as if everything people say can be deemed 'racist'.

When you say "people" Tom do you mean "white" people?

When you say "people" Tom do you mean "white" people?

No mate, I don't. I mean all races and ethnicities. I can understand why people would though. The college I went to was predominantly Indian, and I know some 'white' people that felt uncomfortable just saying the word 'indian'.

Back on topic anyway, I'd love him here.

Archived