Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Turtles Head

Eating out

I did a quick search but couldn't find anything similar.

Being a chef, I'm curious to where people have eaten lately and what it was like. Not sure if the thread would take off but would be good to get a few reviews of places, wherever they are. I don't live in Leicestershire so I have no idea as to what good places there may, or may not, be to eat in.

So...I recently ate at The York pub in Sheffield, in Broomhill. Really good selection of local ales, had a Jaipur and a Moonshine. To start, the mrs and I shared a platter of homemade bread, chutney, ham hock terrine, pickled onions, local cheddar. It was all really nice, apart from the salad on the side which was rank to be honest. Impressed that they do their own pickled onions, tasty stuff. Next, I had Three Little Pigs, a dish with many different elements of pork; black pudding, parma ham, loin, belly pork, crackling. As well as red wine gravy, apple sauce and spinach. All very nice. Did have to order a side of green veg just to break up the meat feast a little. The mrs had home smoked belly pork, dauphinoise potatoes and cider gravy. She enjoyed hers too, loved the belly pork, really tender.

Overall, nice food, good atmosphere, nice(and fit) waiting staff. We paid £47, two drinks and two courses each. Would recommend it and will go again. It did cost more than we expected though, for a pub meal. But then it was better than we expected.

Anybody else?

Despite my son being a professional chef who now cooks for a whole gaggle of household names on a daily basis (here) http://www.stokepark.com/ , I had one of the best steaks I'd ever tasted at Entropy's last week (42, Hinckley Road, not far from Narborough Road junction). Decent wine list too, including the house red. They do a cheap steak night offer on a Tuesday, £30 for two.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7ADFA_en&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=entropy+leicester&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=entropy&hnear=0x487742ab49b76c73:0x9a151d2a6fb49cb8,Leicester&cid=6524091334995535985&ei=W

Cuisine Of India in Wigston.

Brilliant restaurant, the food is top notch & the customer service there is like nothing any other restaurant i've been to has offered.

That's just around the corner from me. Top curry house though!

If you're ever over in north Norfolk can I suggest this place? The Carpenter's Arms - Wighton

Top pub food! Had our anniversary meal there and wasn't diappointed. The menu varies each day and the atmosphere and service is great. Not cheap, but not expensive. It doesn't look much from the outside, but don't let that put you off.

Probably the best meal I've ever had was at this place though - http://www.mustardseedrestaurant.co.uk/ - great food, well cooked, beautiful location (overlooking the River Ness in Inverness), but not too cheap. Our two courses and drinks cost two of us £87.

• 1 year later...

Archived