Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ACF

New England Away.

Haye's Away shirt

Print Email Share

Friday, 01 July, 2011

Boxer David Haye to reveal new England Away football shirt in Germany.

English WBA Boxing Champion David Haye will walk out at the Imtech Arena in Hamburg tomorrow night wearing the new England Away football shirt.

Haye will be the first person to wear the smart navy blue England Away shirt before his world heavyweight title unification bout in Germany against Ukrainian fighter Wladimir Klitschko.

As home to Hamburger SV, the Imtech Arena is no stranger to football and was one of the stadia used in the 2006 World Cup.

Haye commented: “It’s an honour to represent my country away from home and as a football fan, the opportunity to launch the England Away shirt is a huge privilege.

“I’ve had several messages of support from the England camp, including Fabio Capello, John Terry and Rio Ferdinand, so I’m determined to put in a strong performance and bring all the world title belts back to England.

“Like many English sportsmen and women, I’ve faced opposing fans when I’ve fought abroad before and tomorrow night being in Germany will be nothing new for me. And I know the support back home will be right behind me.”

Haye’s entourage will also be sporting blue by wearing light blue Umbro anthem jackets as they walk to the ring.

England’s kits are made by football tailoring brand Umbro. For more than 87 years, the Manchester-based sportswear company has produced tailored football kits which blend style and performance. In 2010, Umbro launched the last England Away kit with English rock band Kasabian during their European tour in Paris.

Trevor Cairns, Chief Marketing Officer for Umbro, commented: “David is the embodiment of courage and pride so he is the perfect representative for England abroad.

“Representing your country, at home or away, is one of the greatest honours for a sportsman. The football rivalry between England and Germany goes back years so David’s fight in Hamburg presented an ideal opportunity to launch the new England Away shirt. There’ll be many fans in Hamburg rooting for Klitschko however Haye will by flying the flag for England.”

The new England Away shirt is blue; a colour which is part of England’s DNA and the new shirt is similar to a shade worn by the England team in the 1930s. Inspiration for the new shirt was also taken from the blue caps given to England players as well as the original British passports which were navy in colour.

The new England Away kit is constructed using modern tailoring techniques:-

• Lightweight and breathable, the shirt uses mesh technology to increase the air flow to the body, updating a design first introduced to the England shirt in 1970 for the Mexico World Cup.

• Built using full polyester on the inside to draw sweat away from the body. The cotton outer gives a smart appearance which drives confidence in the player.

• Featuring a raglan sleeve and darting over the top edge of the shoulder, the shirt maintains its shape whilst allowing freedom across the body.

The new England Away kit is available for pre-order now and will go on sale 10 August.

It will be worn by every level of the England team from juniors to seniors including the women’s team.

curved-border-thumb-large.png

Tom Meighan is a complete genius of a man.

I still find it amusing that he launched the England kit in France and is appearing on these Umbro videos about the England kit when he said he supported Ireland in 2009:

It's the World Cup soon. Everyone from Robbie to James Corden is rumoured to be doing England's song. Will Kasabian have a pop?

I don't think so. Normally the songs are shite, ain't they? Embrace did one (5) and it was horrible and I like Embrace. I support the Republic of Ireland anyway. My dad's Catholic Irish so I root for Ireland in a family way. I still want England to do all right. But I don't want to do their song.

Nah, you don't want to do an England song, but when it comes to flogging the England shirt for a quick buck when you claim to support the Republic of Ireland...

Mad eejit.

Now the away kit is nice but the keeper kit is awful! something Everton will make

I'm afraid I disagree on both counts. Away shirt - boring. Goaly shirt - amazing.

Archived