Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

21 minutes ago, Staff said:

Did Lyon Woodstock fight tonight?

I'm sure he was supposed to be fighting but not long home so unsure if he's already been on or if it was more like a floating fight that will only go ahead if time allowed.

Edited by EastAnglianFox

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

I'm sure he was supposed to be fighting but but long home so unsure if he's already been on or if it was more like a floating fight that will only go ahead if time allowed.

Cheers buddy, caught the last couple of fights but didn't see or hear anything about him and cant find anything online either

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Staff said:

Cheers buddy, caught the last couple of fights but didn't see or hear anything about him and cant find anything online either

Yes same mate, just had a scout online and can't find a thing so would assume he didn't get to fight, think it was only a planned 6 rounder so suprised they didn't find time unless something else has put a stop to it.

• Like 1

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

Yes same mate, just had a scout online and can't find a thing so would assume he didn't get to fight, think it was only a planned 6 rounder so suprised they didn't find time unless something else has put a stop to it.

Yeah I can't find anything. I watched the Smyle fight, thought he was unlucky. Yarde and Dubois didnt take long to finish their fights lol waste of time watching really, although Skeete looked good again

Can’t just be me who think Ohara isn’t much of a fighter. Feels like persevering with Ricky lambert for a whole game of football just because you might get a penalty during 90 minutes... just because he’s got a big punch doesn’t mean he gets to get away with having next to no other boxing skills... odd! So awkward to watch too! 

11 hours ago, AjcW said:

Can’t just be me who think Ohara isn’t much of a fighter. Feels like persevering with Ricky lambert for a whole game of football just because you might get a penalty during 90 minutes... just because he’s got a big punch doesn’t mean he gets to get away with having next to no other boxing skills... odd! So awkward to watch too! 

I never rated him and said somewhere on here he was over hyped 

he was torn apart last night 

can't see him coming back from this 

Just now, Steve_Walsh5 said:

He's got a strange fighting style he seems to throw his jab from the outside. 

Eddie would have been disappointed with that performance last night.

Eddie will have as he has paid him a huge retainer big 6 figures im told 

This World Series thing they've got going is highly interesting. Cruiser weight one amazing line up for a boxing fan, super middle weight very interesting from a British perspective.

smith groves and the king of twitter all in the tournament providing he beats Abraham. I'd love to see groves eubank.

3 hours ago, Bamba's Babes said:

Got tickets for Mayweather vs McGregor press conference on Friday.

Sorry, I just had to tell someone.

That will be proper entertaining 

much more  so than the fight 

and that mental when you think it's $90 to watch on PPV in America 

Guest BlueBrett
12 hours ago, Ashley said:

Floyd win round 1 knock out

lol only way that's happening is if he dips his gloves in chloroform before the fight.

When this was announced I initially thought Mcgregor didn't have a chance and Floyd would just take him apart. The closer it gets though the more I think there's a chance for Conor. Like he said last night, Floyd hasn't knocked anyone out for years and years and it's pretty obvious Mcregor has fought much bigger, stronger guys. When you aren't too worried about your opponent's power you can adopt the strat of taking a few shots to land one, especially when you have much longer reach and the other guy is going to have to try to close the distance somehow. If he manages to trade like this he has to fancy his chances of hurting him.

McGregor said something really interesting at the end of the press conference:

'I will paint many different pictures, I can fight in many styles and stances.. Capoeira, Takewondo, Karate, Boxing, Thai Boxing, Freestyle Wrestling. I can stand and fight in many ways & I will fight in all of them stances, paint many pictures, dazzle him and then the shots will find their home.'

• Like 1

People hating on the fight, what are you hating on? 

It hasn't brought boxing into disrepute, it's brought attention to the sport, a sport which minus AJvsWlad/CanelovsGGG has lacked for a long, long time.

McGregor is not only one of the biggest stars in UFC or combat sports, he's one of the biggest in sport. 

At the end of the day, the fight could completely suck be that because McGregor isn't up to standard but the MayweathervsPacqiuao fight sucked also, that's just sport.

It's going to be a spectacle, a one-off and that's why we're all going to watch it.

BTW, McGregor wins.

2 hours ago, Bamba's Babes said:

People hating on the fight, what are you hating on? 

It hasn't brought boxing into disrepute, it's brought attention to the sport, a sport which minus AJvsWlad/CanelovsGGG has lacked for a long, long time.

McGregor is not only one of the biggest stars in UFC or combat sports, he's one of the biggest in sport. 

At the end of the day, the fight could completely suck be that because McGregor isn't up to standard but the MayweathervsPacqiuao fight sucked also, that's just sport.

It's going to be a spectacle, a one-off and that's why we're all going to watch it.

BTW, McGregor wins.

You can speak for youself on that one lol They think im getting up at 4 am to watch this and paying what will probably be £25 for the pleasure they've got another thing coming.

As for the $90 in the US Just wow lol