Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

45 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Frampton has sacked Barry McGuigan as his promoter 

frampton looks like he is imploding 

Been rumours in the last few weeks that Frampton and fast car Eddie have been spotted out and about looking a bit pally.

I honestly think Framptons still all over the place and hasn't got over how easily Santa Cruz dealt with him 2nd time around.

52 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Been rumours in the last few weeks that Frampton and fast car Eddie have been spotted out and about looking a bit pally.

I honestly think Framptons still all over the place and hasn't got over how easily Santa Cruz dealt with him 2nd time around.

Totally correct he is all over place and unless he gets his shite together he will be washed up already 

It's taking me all day to finish the Crawford card due to other commitments lol bit of an anti climax I didn't think Indongo would win but didn't expect him to get throughly floored inside 3. Under card was very boring, Dyllan was actually a small highlight, utter beat down. 

Mayweather's odds are now as high as 3/10 for the McGregor fight.

I'm thinking of piling in massively at that price, but something just doesn't sit right. Ordinarily Mayweather would wipe the floor with him, but can't help feeling that elements of this fight will be contrived, and that he will allow McGregor to have moments of success with a view to a rematch/quieten the narrative that the whole thing was a farce from the get go. There is no business sense in Mayweather making him look like a complete mug which he would in any ordinary circumstance and both Mayweather and McGregor are astute businessmen.

But despite that, those odds just look too tempting. Anyone got any thoughts?

Edited by martyn

2 hours ago, martyn said:

Mayweather's odds are now as high as 3/10 for the McGregor fight.

I'm thinking of piling in massively at that price, but something just doesn't sit right. Ordinarily Mayweather would wipe the floor with him, but can't help feeling that elements of this fight will be contrived, and that he will allow McGregor to have moments of success with a view to a rematch/quieten the narrative that the whole thing was a farce from the get go. There is no business sense in Mayweather making him look like a complete mug which he would in any ordinary circumstance and both Mayweather and McGregor are astute businessmen.

But despite that, those odds just look too tempting. Anyone got any thoughts?

SkyBet are offering 3/1 on McGregor which is stupidly low and defies all logic. It could be that a whole new population who've never watched Boxing before are lumping on McGregor, I just can't see any way in which he wins if it's unscripted so to speak. I think Mayweather could even win if he ruptured an achilles Haye style. Something smells.

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

SkyBet are offering 3/1 on McGregor which is stupidly low and defies all logic. It could be that a whole new population who've never watched Boxing before are lumping on McGregor, I just can't see any way in which he wins if it's unscripted so to speak. I think Mayweather could even win if he ruptured an achilles Haye style. Something smells.

I don't think anything smells, I think the bookies are just responding to where the money has been laid. This is uncharted territory by and large, so a lot will bet with the sport they follow and if fans are placing money on mcgregor they will always lower the price.

Its not Mcgregor vs Mayweather for most, It's boxing vs UFC.

18 hours ago, lestajigs said:

I cannot honastly believe how people can be that 

silly to put money on mcgregor, "instead of throwing it away, give it me ??"

I'm very much in the minority at work who thinks mayweather will win. Have people queing up to bet me 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I'm very much in the minority at work who thinks mayweather will win. Have people queing up to bet me 

Put £50 on for me mate and I'll send you my bank details for you to send the winnings over ...   how can anyone think McGregor will win ...   

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Put £50 on for me mate and I'll send you my bank details for you to send the winnings over ...   how can anyone think McGregor will win ...   

I have no idea mate... nobody seems to have a real argument either just that mayweather is old.  My favourite part is people saying I'm just blinded by records before quoting mcgregors k.o record 

The whole thing is a total farce, and not good for the sport.

I wasn't going to watch it, but sounds like my mates are ordering it. It might be interesting, in the same way that a car wreck is when you drive past- you don't want to look, but you kind of want to know what the damage is.

• Like 1

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

You are a lucky man, enjoy your winnings.

I've never seen anything as strange in sport as the arguments being put forward for McGregor to win this.

3 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

The whole thing is a total farce, and not good for the sport.

I wasn't going to watch it, but sounds like my mates are ordering it. It might be interesting, in the same way that a car wreck is when you drive past- you don't want to look, but you kind of want to know what the damage is.

Exactly the same reason I'm watching.

Guest BlueBrett

My mate reckons they're going to show it on the big screen at Creamfields..bullshit surely? How much would that license have set them back?!

3 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

McGregor to win this just due to the sheer determination obviously Flloyd is the better boxer but McGregor is an animal... could go either way its def not a dead cert on Mayweather

It's a complete set up, he'll do a flying knee and get disqualified in the 7th and they'll get all the mugs to pay another £25 for a rematch.

• Like 2

Guest MattP
4 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

McGregor to win this just due to the sheer determination obviously Flloyd is the better boxer but McGregor is an animal... could go either way its def not a dead cert on Mayweather

You can't win a boxing match on determinition, Zab hated Floyd so much he would have died beating him but he could barely lay a glove on him.

You can win a fight on it, but not a boxing match. Mosley, Pacman ODH couldn't pin down Floyd and they both boxing legends.

Edited by MattP

15 minutes ago, MattP said:

You can't win a boxing match on determinition, Zab hated Floyd so much he would have died beating him but he could barely lay a glove on him.

You can win a fight on it, but not a boxing match. Mosley, Pacman ODH couldn't pin down Floyd and they both boxing legends.

Will be interesting it wont be as easy as you think for Floyd though imo as long as McGregor is aware of what Floyd is capable of which I'm sure he will be he has every chance.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

It's a complete set up, he'll do a flying knee and get disqualified in the 7th and they'll get all the mugs to pay another £25 for a rematch.

It's only £25 there?  $99.95 here!  I'll watch the YouTube highlights.... 

Guest MattP
21 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Will be interesting it wont be as easy as you think for Floyd though imo as long as McGregor is aware of what Floyd is capable of which I'm sure he will be he has every chance.

I think it will almost be laughable, Floyd had made top class fighters look silly chasing him.

Is Conor even that powerful? He's gone the distance twice in UFC and that's with those tiny 4oz gloves on, he'll have 8Oz ones on tomorrow so half his punching power is gone just stepping into the ring.