Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

8 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Ay that’s what we are doing. What sort of time will the main fight be on Pabs?

You'll be best off following the langford fight see what time that gets done will be on shortly after....but Kalle has been very good at getting both main event fighters in the ring by about half ten, various national anthem bollocoks and some **** band he's got performing the official  theme tune of the wold boxing series could follow that. Generally a terrible build up that takes to long but given it's an all British fight and Kalle might realise no one on these shores wants to see that. As he went to college here.

My best advice to you would be you're in the boozer just after 10 you'll have enough time to order your pint have a chat with your mates and watch the fight without to much of the "when is this actually starting" debracle.

As for betting I'd avoid going heavy like the plague, most blood sweat and tears fans of the sport will tell you Eubank (galeic, Steve Bunce)  most analytical fans of the sport will say groves (myself, Mike Costello) you pick who you trust. For me groves bigger cleverer and stronger, the opposite camp would argue Eubank is technically a superior fighter but I'd say that's off the evidence of opponents who stand in front of him far more than George groves will, and will not utilise a stinging jab as much as George groves will, styles make this sport though. Interesting fight, if the little toe rag wins I'll be the first to give him his dues I've often critised him for not stepping up to the mark and not backing up his shite remarks so if he pulls this off it makes one hell statement. He will domestitcally be no.2 behind Joshua, pound for pound, can't say the same for groves but unfortunately for him he wasn't blessed with a crazy c list celebrity ex boxer as a father.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

It's a shame (though by no means unexpected) that, amidst some very pleasant posts and discussion, you had to post this tripe. Where have you been for ages? I was hoping you'd left?

lol I like him, proper internet troll, generally quite funny. Just don't feed it. 

Although personally wish your lad well, good cause, been to a couple of these events they're a good crack, hope he wins but most importantly comes through safe (which he almost certainly will they're ran very well and conditions very well controlled)

9 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

lol I like him, proper internet troll, generally quite funny. Just don't feed it. 

Although personally wish your lad well, good cause, been to a couple of these events they're a good crack, hope he wins but most importantly comes through safe (which he almost certainly will they're ran very well and conditions very well controlled)

lol

Cheers Pabs. I’ve told our kid not to get bashed up in front of the family. I’m hoping he’ll be ok. Never seen him so fit.

Edited by Col city fan

19 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

Excellent news conference , Groves didn’t bite and has matured , I have a feeling he will be too big and too powerful on Saturday night , it could be a classic this with a stadium rematch in late summer 

We are totally in a agreement there interestingly, I thought you'd sway towards JR. 

Autumn earliest I'd say, assuming this is a dust up and you'd expect Brahmer or Smith to not be a walk in the park for either (I know people who think Smith's got this won) You'd be looking at 3 hard hard fights in the space of 7/8 months I doubt that's going to happen.

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

We are totally in a agreement there interestingly, I thought you'd sway towards JR. 

Autumn earliest I'd say, assuming this is a dust up and you'd expect Brahmer or Smith to not be a walk in the park for either (I know people who think Smith's got this won) You'd be looking at 3 hard hard fights in the space of 7/8 months I doubt that's going to happen.

I still think Jnr has the potential but I have to focus on facts and facts say that Groves is the proven man with the pedigree to match 

yes it will be 3 hard fights but if they don’t do it now the money will float away its strike while the irons Hot 

smith could come of age in the final , but once again I can see Groves comfortably seeing him off 

this tournament is set up for Groves and I expect him to see it through 

the he can write his own cheques this autumn

deGale would be huge for him as well

If Jnr wins and wins well then he will be poised for super stardom and he will have proven that he is no gimmick and a really I can see him being box office globally 

this is a some way to start 2018 

all credit to this tournament it’s cut through the crap and given us bouts people want to see 

3 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

I still think Jnr has the potential but I have to focus on facts and facts say that Groves is the proven man with the pedigree to match 

yes it will be 3 hard fights but if they don’t do it now the money will float away its strike while the irons Hot 

smith could come of age in the final , but once again I can see Groves comfortably seeing him off 

this tournament is set up for Groves and I expect him to see it through 

the he can write his own cheques this autumn

deGale would be huge for him as well

If Jnr wins and wins well then he will be poised for super stardom and he will have proven that he is no gimmick and a really I can see him being box office globally 

this is a some way to start 2018 

all credit to this tournament it’s cut through the crap and given us bouts people want to see 

I dunno if you've Watched Usyk Briedis or Gassiev Dorticos yet but the Cruiser weight competition is absloutley insanely good to watch, Probably as they have the four best Cruiser weights in the division taking part. Very much looking forward to the final. The whole things has been a great addition to boxing, Kalle has deserved the Columbian marching powder he will no doubt buy with some of the proceeds. 

I don't think there is anyway Groves' body will allow him to fight Eubank twice with Smith in the middle in one year. But we will see. DeGale needs to get his stock back after Truax, I think there's a chance the Jack fight has broken him and he'll never get back to the level he was, I actually think what to do after the WBS could be problematic for Groves should he win.

3 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I dunno if you've Watched Usyk Briedis or Gassiev Dorticos yet but the Cruiser weight competition is absloutley insanely good to watch, Probably as they have the four best Cruiser weights in the division taking part. Very much looking forward to the final. The whole things has been a great addition to boxing, Kalle has deserved the Columbian marching powder he will no doubt buy with some of the proceeds. 

I don't think there is anyway Groves' body will allow him to fight Eubank twice with Smith in the middle in one year. But we will see. DeGale needs to get his stock back after Truax, I think there's a chance the Jack fight has broken him and he'll never get back to the level he was, I actually think what to do after the WBS could be problematic for Groves should he win.

I have and yes it’s been a massive division for them the Russian productions have been insane 

ya Groves post this will be interesting he only wants 4 more fights so he wants pay days 

Can't wait for this fight ...   it really could go either way ...   I think Groves will do it but when I heard that Adam Booth (the only man to train both men) said that Eubank 'could be hit harder than he has ever been hit before' and that 'Groves has never faced anyone as tough before', I'm not so sure ...    if Booth thinks Jnr is tougher than Froch then that is a BIG statement.

Either way bring it on !!! ....     :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Can't wait for this fight ...   it really could go either way ...   I think Groves will do it but when I heard that Adam Booth (the only man to train both men) said that Eubank 'could be hit harder than he has ever been hit before' and that 'Groves has never faced anyone as tough before', I'm not so sure ...    if Booth thinks Jnr is tougher than Froch then that is a BIG statement.

Either way bring it on !!! ....     :)

I’m very very confident Eubank is not or never will be, tougher then froch, just my opinion 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2018 at 20:25, GaelicFox said:

Anyone miss me ? 

Cant wait for this weekend got top seats 

really excited , think it’s one for all the ages 

PS : I’m only ever posting on this thread there are no bigoted people on here , well apart from the trolls who follow me on to here 

Welcome back Paddy ! ...   as if you were going to leave !! ...   lol

Bout time we had a new avatar from you isn't it ? ...    something more easy on the eye perhaps ....   preferably female ...   with a nice p....    oops sorry getting carried away there ...   very un-pc ....   :) 

• Like 1

The thing that makes this interesting is that Eubank has a granite chin and groves does not. There's every possibility for me thatGroves will be on top for most of the fight but will get frustrated and careless around round 9-10

Edited by MPH

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Welcome back Paddy ! ...   as if you were going to leave !! ...   lol

Bout time we had a new avatar from you isn't it ? ...    something more easy on the eye perhaps ....   preferably female ...   with a nice p....    oops sorry getting carried away there ...   very un-pc ....   :) 

Done 

lol 

• Like 1