Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

11 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

On an absolute knife edge really. Can see the argument for why Canelo won but also don't think he did enough to 'dethrone' GGG. 

Doesn’t matter about that does it, De La Hoya was the main promoter involved with a heavy Mexican contingent present golokivin was very much the away fighter. No need to go above and beyond in order to win.

A drug cheat beats one of the hardest pros in the business in a second corrupt points decisions in succession and that's "what boxing needed" says Amir Khan. Pratt.

This should have been a fight to bring casual fans like me more in to the sport. Personally I just feel switched off, I don't really want to watch much else now. 

Probably won't pay for a fight again until AJ Wilder. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Doesn’t matter about that does it, De La Hoya was the main promoter involved with a heavy Mexican contingent present golokivin was very much the away fighter. No need to go above and beyond in order to win.

This saddens me, GGG is a humble fighter and I didn't think he deserved to lose.

I hope there is a number 3 in a neutral venue

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

A drug cheat beats one of the hardest pros in the business in a second corrupt points decisions in succession and that's "what boxing needed" says Amir Khan. Pratt.

This should have been a fight to bring casual fans like me more in to the sport. Personally I just feel switched off, I don't really want to watch much else now. 

100% agree with you. 

The Ufc may have some questionable results on the rare occasion but you know you are in for some entertainment. The 228 card looked a bit underwhelming but turned out to be great. 

I'm upset that GGG got treated like this 2 matches in a row. 

Edited by the fox

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

This saddens me, GGG is a humble fighter and I didn't think he deserved to lose.

*it's 2019, GGG managed to stab Canelo 5 times*

* a judge scores the match 118-110 Canelo*

Edited by the fox

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Whilst Khan is a pleb, it is difficult to view the judges decision as a total travesty.  Their scoring was very consistent and having watched the opening rounds now I had it 115-113 golovkin having scored the few rounds the judges were in disagreement on to Golovkin.

He deserved to get his hand raised for me but it was a tight tight fight. Calling it corrupt or fixed is prolly going a bit far for me. How one judge gave Alvarez the last round I don’t know but we’d of been looking at another draw had he not done so  I guess.

4 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

To clarify this I’m not saying Canelo was treated favourably. Just the old, “you have to come and rip the title away” attitude wasn’t applicable here. Alvarez was the home fighter and is a bigger money maker than GGG so he didn’t have to win convincingly or face a lopsided card (quite evidentially)

He did box well Canelo, had a good game plan and whilst I don’t agree with it fair play to him on getting the decision. They are plenty out there who thought the judges got it right.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

13 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

BJS being an absolute cvnt again I see. 

Horrible video isn't it? He's in big trouble I imagine for that.

Regarding Saturday - I actually scored it a draw so certainly can't call it a robbery either way. We could end up seeing four fights if GGG wins the third match.