Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I agree it was a farce but at least Connor Mcgregor is a top level athlete, one of the best in the world at his chosen discipline. 

These two are just a bunch of mouthy kids who owe their fame to the fact our society is sliding in to the gutter. 

I really couldn't have put that any better.

Yeah, I take your point regarding McGregor being an athlete at least. This 'match up' was way worse tbf.

I was genuinely taken aback by the interest Mayweather/McGregor attracted though. He may have been good at his chosen discipline but it wasn't boxing. Two farces, just of a different type.

Edited by Max Wall

4 hours ago, Max Wall said:

Yeah, I take your point regarding McGregor being an athlete at least. This 'match up' was way worse tbf.

I was genuinely taken aback by the interest Mayweather/McGregor attracted though. He may have been good at his chosen discipline but it wasn't boxing. Two farces, just of a different type.

I think most people just wanted to watch McGregor the mouth get whooped, really.

• Like 1

On 26/08/2018 at 13:42, Max Wall said:

Excellent money maker though the amount of people who backed mcgregor at the bookies was astounding.

I am with you it was ridiculous. I didn’t even watch it.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

On 26/08/2018 at 22:33, I Kante Live Without Him said:

Boxing is a discipline within MMA so it wasn't completely ridiculous. 

It was a fun build-up and the fight was competitive.

I wouldn’t have called it competitive. Mayweather was in complete control from the first bell. Everything went the way mayweather wanted. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I wouldn’t have called it competitive. Mayweather was in complete control from the first bell. Everything went the mayweather wanted. 

Totally agree. Wouldn't be surprised if the youtube fight had more action tbh. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Mablo, predictions for GGG Canelo 2?

Golovkin points.  Still looked the same GGG in the spring, people question his age, they could be right, but I've seen no evidence of him starting to lose it yet,  and I should imagine he's even more motivated than last time given Canelo's antics have cost him his IBF belt. 

Canelo lost the last fight, he'll lose this one, only this time they will score it properly. May even stop him tbh

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 2

On 27/08/2018 at 20:13, Manwell Pablo said:

Bellew Usyk looks like it’s on, November 10th, I’d imagine big uk venue.

You reckon stadium big? Can't see Bellew filling Cardiff.... and with it being November it wont be Goodison. 

Manchester I guess is 21k isn't it? 

36 minutes ago, AjcW said:

You reckon stadium big? Can't see Bellew filling Cardiff.... and with it being November it wont be Goodison. 

Manchester I guess is 21k isn't it? 

He wouldn't box at Goodison again regardless, certainly not Usyk who even he knows is likely going to box his ears off. The Memory of winning a world title there is not something he wants to tarnish. 

Manchester is logical as closer to his fan base than the 02 and it makes no difference to Usyk.

Eddie talking about sticking him in with Joshua all ready....wants to be careful with what he's saying there.

Edited by Manwell Pablo