Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

7 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Bloody hell lol

That Capps was a brave boy! 

This is where it gets a little more interesting, Yarde is actually one of the very few members of warrens stable who I think could do something on the world stage.

edit: or not as we have a pointless float fight at 22:30

Edited by Manwell Pablo

5 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

This is where it gets a little more interesting, Yarde is actually one of the very few members of warrens stable who I think could do something on the world stage

I see he's 1/80 with Paddy Power so I guess we won't get another Ritson type surprise :D

Didn't realise Yarde was 27, I thought he was younger than that..

5 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I see he's 1/80 with Paddy Power so I guess we won't get another Ritson type surprise :D

Didn't realise Yarde was 27, I thought he was younger than that..

27 is reasonably young in boxing for a guy with 17 fights on his record, from this country. I’d imagine if he can maintain the momentum he might get a title shot before 30. Boxing isn’t football you retire and peak later.

You can see the fall out from the scrapping earlier now, empty seats left right and centre, added to the fact half the crowd were there for the earlier fights and don’t care about yarde, I’d seriously be looking at signing with Hearn if I were him after tonight as he been let down badly here.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

27 is reasonably young in boxing for a guy with 17 fights on his record, from this country. I’d imagine if he can maintain the momentum he might get a title shot before 30. Boxing isn’t football you retire and peak later.

You can see the fall out from the scrapping earlier now, empty seats left right and centre, added to the fact half the crowd were there for the earlier fights and don’t care about yarde, I’d seriously be looking at signing with Hearn if I were him after tonight as he been let down badly here.

I know he's biding his time and all that but surely he needs to step up now. That was all a bit meh really..

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

I know he's biding his time and all that but surely he needs to step up now. That was all a bit meh really..

Been meh for ages. 

Amuses me people give Hearn stick for not matching his fighters correctly after shit like that. 

Listening to him now is very uninspiring as well tbh.

Listening to warren even more so.

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Stoppage was a little early for me given the intensity of the fight 

good boxer Garton just doesn’t have the attitude to get any further than the level he is at now.

His massively overachieved, started late and didn't have a great amateur record, Flourished at Ibox

Yarde does needs to step up now, his opposition to this point has been beyond useless. 

Even a fight against British gate keeper like a Buglioni would be an improvement, at least we are likely to see if he can take a shot.

If he does turn out to be half decent there are some very good potential domestic scraps at LHW, possibly for a world title if Buatsi turns out to be as good as I think he is. Not forgetting Callum Johnson too.

Some absolute scraps on Franks card last night, he’ll be pleased the boxing made up for the nonsense in the crowd (I know it happens everywhere) I really enjoyed it. 

Tell you what as well, Rocky Fielding is living the absolute dream as well, what a way to throw yourself in to the spotlight. I can’t see the fight being much of a contest on the night but it will be memorable for him regardless. Unless he wins that’s the fight of his career right there done and dusted, secured his future (you’d think, may need 1 or two more financially wise which he’ll get because you think he’d want to work back up to another title shot). I know I’m speaking as if he’s already lost but for me there’s no way Alvarez doesn’t win that im afraid. 

22 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

His massively overachieved, started late and didn't have a great amateur record, Flourished at Ibox

Thats just  the attitude that holds him back, imo, Amateur careers can indicate what you will do as professional but there are plenty out there with no, little, or unsuccessful amateur careers that have gone on to great things in the pro ranks. Likewise Frankie Gavin is probably one of the most decorated amateurs this country has produced, he’s done nothing as a pro.

He’s got a good record and is entertaining to watch, Corcoran is a good win for him, he showed plenty of ability in the process. You can build on that or act like you’ve won lottery to get where you are despite the fact you’ve earned it all, or push for more.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

On 21/10/2018 at 12:57, martyn said:

Yarde does needs to step up now, his opposition to this point has been beyond useless. 

Even a fight against British gate keeper like a Buglioni would be an improvement, at least we are likely to see if he can take a shot.

If he does turn out to be half decent there are some very good potential domestic scraps at LHW, possibly for a world title if Buatsi turns out to be as good as I think he is. Not forgetting Callum Johnson too.

That particular fight would never happen but I get what you mean.

Warren moves most of his fighters at a snails pace though. It's difficult with Yarde as no one wants to fight him he isn't very special themselves. Believe they've already been offered a World Title show and turned it down. 

16 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Two sets of fights on Saturday, channel 5 and on sky.....  Please tell me your pics?

Hopefully they will be staggered but will probably favor Fury if they don't as it the winner will be a mandatory for Joshua.

Flanagan going to get a whooping in New Orleans later on as well (WBSS website) 

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Usyk Bellew going to be worth the PPV on the 10th, Mabs? 

Usyk looks like an interesting fighter to see but I find Bellew's fights can be cagey as ****. I also don't know much about the undercard other than Crolla who is a bit meh. 

Using one's head, and as I've said to Col already,  Usyk will box his ears off, but Bellew has this attractive underdog that can upset the odds tag now which makes it a bit interesting. But Oleksandr Usyk is not an ageing David Haye, he is one of the best in the world at any weight. His skill and punch output is absloutley immense. Personally £20 is a lot and you're not going to get a war, it'll be an extremely talented boxer retiring a man who has over achieved massively in becoming a fighter that can command £20 PPV's and is after one last pay day, and knows while he might lose, he's unlikely to get seriously hurt. I'd not worry about Bellew's fights being cagey, this fight will not be anything to do with Tony Bellew, Usyk will dictate the pace  and style of the entire fight. I'm pretty confident of a wide points decision. I personally think Usyk is a serious threat to Joshua and Bellew is a mere stepping stone.

But hey, this is Tony Bellew, the mans been written off before and left me open jawed before, he's torn up script after script since losing to Stevenson, and fair fcks to him for being where he is now and fair fcks to him for taking this fight. If he pulls this off he's not just a British boxing legend but a British sporting legend, I'll be going to the pub to watch it personally I think but yeah, it's PPV worthy.

The Ryan Welsh Isaac Lowe rematch is off to my understanding and they are now rolling Josh Kelly (rising welterweight from Sunderland) out but haven't got someone for him to beat up yet. that'll be a total waste of time.  Scotty Cardle will be a decent test and a good step up for another prospect Joe Cordina, commonwealth belt on that line ,that's an interesting fight but I'd expect Cordina to win. And yeah, Crolla chief support in what could be a good fight, proper live opponent and Crolla has always been a little over rated by the causal market, winner is more than likely just going to get a pasting off of Lomachenko for their trouble though.

• Like 3

I really want this to be a great fight. After the GGG thing, I want to watch a clean and entertaining fight with no agendas. 

Rooting for the gypsy King. There is something really special about Big guys with great technique and not just power. 

Edited by the fox

On 26/10/2018 at 13:09, Manwell Pablo said:

Using one's head, and as I've said to Col already,  Usyk will box his ears off, but Bellew has this attractive underdog that can upset the odds tag now which makes it a bit interesting. But Oleksandr Usyk is not an ageing David Haye, he is one of the best in the world at any weight. His skill and punch output is absloutley immense. Personally £20 is a lot and you're not going to get a war, it'll be an extremely talented boxer retiring a man who has over achieved massively in becoming a fighter that can command £20 PPV's and is after one last pay day, and knows while he might lose, he's unlikely to get seriously hurt. I'd not worry about Bellew's fights being cagey, this fight will not be anything to do with Tony Bellew, Usyk will dictate the pace  and style of the entire fight. I'm pretty confident of a wide points decision. I personally think Usyk is a serious threat to Joshua and Bellew is a mere stepping stone.

But hey, this is Tony Bellew, the mans been written off before and left me open jawed before, he's torn up script after script since losing to Stevenson, and fair fcks to him for being where he is now and fair fcks to him for taking this fight. If he pulls this off he's not just a British boxing legend but a British sporting legend, I'll be going to the pub to watch it personally I think but yeah, it's PPV worthy.

The Ryan Welsh Isaac Lowe rematch is off to my understanding and they are now rolling Josh Kelly (rising welterweight from Sunderland) out but haven't got someone for him to beat up yet. that'll be a total waste of time.  Scotty Cardle will be a decent test and a good step up for another prospect Joe Cordina, commonwealth belt on that line ,that's an interesting fight but I'd expect Cordina to win. And yeah, Crolla chief support in what could be a good fight, proper live opponent and Crolla has always been a little over rated by the causal market, winner is more than likely just going to get a pasting off of Lomachenko for their trouble though.

I’ve watched more of Usyk since you pointed him out mate. He’s a fookin engine isn’t he.

For Bellew to pull this off would be a major major upset I suspect.

8 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve watched more of Usyk since you pointed him out mate. He’s a fookin engine isn’t he.

For Bellew to pull this off would be a major major upset I suspect.

Yeah he’s quite brilliant tbh. 

I think bellews only real hope is a counter punch hurting Usyk.

His fight WBS Joe Joyce is a good watch as it’s against an established British heavy weight even if it is in the amateurs.

16 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Yeah he’s quite brilliant tbh. 

I think bellews only real hope is a counter punch hurting Usyk.

His fight WBS Joe Joyce is a good watch as it’s against an established British heavy weight even if it is in the amateurs.

Cheers Pabs

Enjoyed that

Usyk looks to have bulked up since then?

On 30/10/2018 at 08:03, Col city fan said:

Cheers Pabs

Enjoyed that

Usyk looks to have bulked up since then?

Maybe a bit but it’s probably more to do with the fact your seeing him next Joe Joyce who weighs in around the 17/18 mark and Usyk is a natural cruiser. Him and Tony will be back on the cruiser limit for next Saturday.

• Like 1