Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

Ah okay, wasn’t quite sure what you meant!

I saw an interview the other day where Fury talked about maybe retiring after this fight... I couldn’t work out if he lacked confidence and was going for a payday or if he just wanted a showdown with Joshua... I haven’t watched much of Wilder and was quite surprised he took the Fury fight as it’s a banana skin he didn’t really need but it’ll be interesting nonetheless.

For me it’s a simple equation one man is in devastating form for 3 years the other man was trying to eat Ronald McDonald and snort an entire south amarican country the last 3 years 

I think it’s fair to say that Mr Fury needs a miracle to win and this isn’t a Christmas movie 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

Did Wilder actually lose it do we think or just a bit of marketing? 

He got angry. 

Tyson fury is a highly annoying individual tbf. He got to Wlad mentally so it's no surprise he's got under Wilders skin.

Fury on other hand complete act.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, FilbertFrog said:

For me it’s a simple equation one man is in devastating form for 3 years the other man was trying to eat Ronald McDonald and snort an entire south amarican country the last 3 years 

I think it’s fair to say that Mr Fury needs a miracle to win and this isn’t a Christmas movie 

Probably not as big a miracle as all that. 

Mablo might put me in my place here but as much as people used to like to talk about AJ having not beaten anyone decent, hasn't Wilder equally been quite a flat track bully over the pond? 

And Fury has made his career frustrating more explosive boxers, making fights cagey and just out scoring them? 

I'm not suggesting he's the favourite or that he should win easily but I doubt its going to be as hideously one sided as you'd normally expect given how much time Fury has had out. 

If they were both 100% Fury would be most people's favourite, no? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Mablo might put me in my place here but as much as people used to like to talk about AJ having not beaten anyone decent, hasn't Wilder equally been quite a flat track bully over the pond? 

And Fury has made his career frustrating more explosive boxers, making fights cagey and just out scoring them? 

I'm not suggesting he's the favourite or that he should win easily but I doubt its going to be as hideously one sided as you'd normally expect given how much time Fury has had out. 

Wilder very nearly lost to a 50 year old man in his last fight, the idea that this will be done and dusted in wilder's favour is a bit moronic. Most people will have Fury as the favourite because he's a far superior boxer, the only way Wilder wins is if he can put in that punch. If one of the greatest heavyweights ever couldn't land it, then it's hard to think Wilder could. But I think it depends a lot of Fury's conditioning 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

He's been worse, he labored past Louis Ortiz and tried to make out like he'd beaten the best fighter in the division which while it was a decent and definitely his best win was hardly a career defining one.

To put his past fights into context against AJ's Wilder has been accused of ducking Whyte and Breazelle for years and only Ortiz can be considered better than those two for me. Both have been knocked out by AJ, for me AJ has about has at least three or four names better on his record than Ortiz, and it is weird Wilder is the first to point out Wlad and Povetkin were old when AJ beat them but seems to admit the fact Ortiz claims to be 39 but has no birth certificate and is actually thought to be older (possibly significantly)

It's a different story after Saturday if he wins and Fury looks in shape but for me yeah at the moment his record is full of fodder.

And yes if the Fury of Dusseldorf were going in there I would be backing him, I remain unconvinced however.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, FilbertFrog said:

If fury v Joshua happened who would people be rooting for ? 

And why ? 

AJ because while the Saint act is a tiny bit tiresome, he generally does his talking in the ring and I ****ing deplore all the wwe shit in modern boxing. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FilbertFrog said:

If fury v Joshua happened who would people be rooting for ? 

And why ? 

AJ for me. I've never really liked Fury.

People knock AJ but he's a model pro. He doesn't talk shit and is dedicated to the sport.

Fury is a bit of a nob and talks bollux most of the time IMO. His pre-fight antics are a bit childish and he contradicts himself on a regular basis. I know he's got/had mental health issues but I'm not convinced he's good for the sport.

I would favour Fury over AJ. I find Joshua hard to like, just comes across as really phoney. I would love to spend time with him to know if is really like that or not. He is a good fighter and always has entertaining fights which makes up for it.

Fury has said some stuff that I really disagree with but he would go into an AJ fight having won two world titles on the road. His win vs Wlad is one of, if not the greatest achievement by a British fighter and although Wilder is not a good enough opponent to eclipse that the circumstances around the comeback would get pretty close. AJ will look very foolish if (and it's a big if) Fury beats Wilder.

9 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

AJ for me. I've never really liked Fury.

People knock AJ but he's a model pro. He doesn't talk shit and is dedicated to the sport.

Fury is a bit of a nob and talks bollux most of the time IMO. His pre-fight antics are a bit childish and he contradicts himself on a regular basis. I know he's got/had mental health issues but I'm not convinced he's good for the sport.

Not good for the sport? Bit OTT that really isn't it. He gets people interested. I appreciate he has some backwards opinions but he didn't have the most liberal minded upbringing, and has taken the correct approach since returning in keeping those kind of opnions to himself.

His pre-fight antics generally always get into the head  of the other boxer as well as sell the fight and his smarter than he lets on, he managed to push Wlads buttons and many a boxing WUM including the great David Haye failed to do that. All part of the sport. What makes Fury AJ such an interesting fight for me is how much of the real Antony Joshua we will see in the build up when Fury starts poking him with a stick.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

His pre-fight antics generally always get into the head  of the other boxer as well as sell the fight and his smarter than he lets on, he managed to push Wlads buttons and many a boxing WUM including the great David Haye failed to do that. All part of the sport. What makes Fury AJ such an interesting fight for me is how much of the real Antony Joshua we will see in the build up when Fury starts poking him with a stick.

Fury's constant jabs and potshots about ducking Wilder and him having the balls to take the fight (in America no less) will get to AJ quickly. I don't think he will need to try hard. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Not good for the sport? Bit OTT that really isn't it. He gets people interested. I appreciate he has some backwards opinions but he didn't have the most liberal minded upbringing, and has taken the correct approach since returning in keeping those kind of opnions to himself.

If doing drugs, piling on 10 stone between fights and talking about people's cocks is "all part of the sport" then fair enough.

No doubt he gets people interested and puts bums on seats but I just find him a bit of a circus act and full of shit.

Although AJ's squeaky clean image is a bit sterile, at least he takes the sport seriously and treats it professionally. If my lad ever wants to get into boxing I'd much rather he looked up to AJ as a role model than Fury.

But each to their own. It's an entertainment business after all, and I suppose Fury is entertaining in a strange way. 

Maybe I'd like Fury if I met him in person - who knows. Or maybe it's that I just don't understand him. I do find him incredibly complex but good luck to him vs Wilder.

1 hour ago, mancunianfox said:

I would favour Fury over AJ. I find Joshua hard to like, just comes across as really phoney. I would love to spend time with him to know if is really like that or not. He is a good fighter and always has entertaining fights which makes up for it.

Fury has said some stuff that I really disagree with but he would go into an AJ fight having won two world titles on the road. His win vs Wlad is one of, if not the greatest achievement by a British fighter and although Wilder is not a good enough opponent to eclipse that the circumstances around the comeback would get pretty close. AJ will look very foolish if (and it's a big if) Fury beats Wilder.

I don't agree with that last line at all or with any suggestion that AJ is ducking Wilder or anything of the like. 

Think Hearn fully intends for AJ to fight Wilder in due course, they're pretty obviously just letting the suspense and hype build for a year or two to try and turn it in to some long awaited super fight worth what will presumably be a record purse for a British fighter. 

It's dollar signs in the eyes time. AJ having mandatory obligations is a blessing and Fury going to warm up Wilder is win win. If Fury loses, it adds hype, value and credibility to Wilder Joshua and if Fury wins then, even better, it means AJ can stay at home and have a massive domestic bout with Fury instead. 

I don't like Eddie Hearn but anyone doubting he's a gifted businessman, however cynical, is kidding themselves. 

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't agree with that last line at all or with any suggestion that AJ is ducking Wilder or anything of the like. 

Think Hearn fully intends for AJ to fight Wilder in due course, they're pretty obviously just letting the suspense and hype build for a year or two to try and turn it in to some long awaited super fight worth what will presumably be a record purse for a British fighter. 

It's dollar signs in the eyes time. AJ having mandatory obligations is a blessing and Fury going to warm up Wilder is win win. If Fury loses, it adds hype, value and credibility to Wilder Joshua and if Fury wins then, even better, it means AJ can stay at home and have a massive domestic bout with Fury instead. 

I don't like Eddie Hearn but anyone doubting he's a gifted businessman, however cynical, is kidding themselves. 

It doesn't matter if it is true or not an AJ/Fury fight (should it even happen with Fury likely to have to rematch against Wilder should he win the 1st fight) would be dominated by the idea that he ducked Wilder.

Boxing wise I think Tyson is a better opponent for him anyway but it isn't as big a fight because they lose that sweet US PPV money. I still can't help but think part of the desire to wait for the biggest payday against Wilder is because his power is a nightmare matchup for Joshua who is exciting precisely because he isn't difficult to hit.

I don't think he really gives a **** if Wilder claims he ducked him or not, if Wilder isn't good enough to beat an out of form Fury then he isn't good enough to get AJ anyway. 

Wilder hasn't actually done much to really deserve his hype anyway, it's largely self promotion and a case of who can shout the loudest.

I don't particularly agree that Wilder would be a nightmare for AJ, either, I think Fury would be far worse for AJ. Someone with a strong chin who might be able to patiently out box him is a far bigger concern. 

People questioned AJ's fitness and his chin but then he got absolutely leathered in the chops by Wlad, shaken and recovered to go eleven rounds and win by KO. He looked less convincing against a stubborn and solid Parker and that's exactly the sort of fight Tyson would give him. 

Wilder would come at AJ like a slightly faster Whyte and its not like that was much of a problem for AJ. I don't think he fears power at all and nor really should he. 

Lets not forget that apart from being a very big fooker, Wilder has an explosive punch AND speed.  His KO stats take some beating.   Anyone with that combination has the ability to win any match, even when they are losing.   Like I said before this match really intrigues me and I'm well up for it ...   my 20 notes will soon be on their way to BT ...      :thumbup:

No idea who will win it ...   all depends on Fury.