Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

1 minute ago, martyn said:

Groves should have just kept boxing. Rushed in with the right hand and paid the price.

Smith isn't a top drawer boxer, but carries big power at the weight.

I’d of agreed with that before the fight.

tatically speaking that was planned and executed perfectly. Maybe Callum will be the brother that achieves greatness and not just threatens too.

upset for groves though. Done so much for the sport in this country.

• Like 1

On 26/09/2018 at 12:49, Manwell Pablo said:

Groves is the best Super Middleweight in the world for me and it'll end the same way it does every time one of the Smith brothers fights someone who is top level.

Unlike you to get this wrong Pablo...

Edited by Col city fan

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Never saw it last night. Fook me, did Callum knock Groves out?!

:blink:

He sure did mate. 

Caught him with some great shots then a body punch that nearly broke Groves in half. Watching him on his knees facing the count and shaking his head because he couldn't get up was sad to see.

I was really impressed with Smith. He looked cool, calm and in control to me. A much bigger puncher than I realised.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

tbf to Pabs I'd imagine most would have predicted Groves to win mate. No idea what Smith's odds were last night but I imagine pretty long.

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

No hands up thought groves would out point him. I am a big Groves fan though so perhaps I was too bias lol 

For the record I won’t be right 100% often time by virtue of being a human being lol 

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

On 29/09/2018 at 08:35, Izzy Muzzett said:

He sure did mate. 

Caught him with some great shots then a body punch that nearly broke Groves in half. Watching him on his knees facing the count and shaking his head because he couldn't get up was sad to see.

I was really impressed with Smith. He looked cool, calm and in control to me. A much bigger puncher than I realised.

Sort of a shock...like both of them,stayed neutral,but wow,After all my years,I actually didn't see that coming...top fight.

Smith's worth must of shot out of the roof,and worrying I suppose for a few....

Rematch???  What do you all think!!

14 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Anyone else popping along to Frank Warren’s promotion on Saturday ? Couple of decent local prospects on the bill, plus Daniel Dubois, a big hitting heavyweight. It’s on BT, but be good to support it. 

Otherwise engaged (just for a change) but will watch. I know Woodstock and Bowen are both on the card but not sure if they are on the televised section. Davis Catteral is the main event isn't it?

Interesting one for Dubois against Johnson (seems there was something in Galeics rumors about Johnson talking to Warren, has he been banned again?) Normally he marks the transition between learning fights and taking more serious tests. Has taken some very good boxers the distance but you'd expect at 39 against Dubois's hitting power it will end closer to the 2nd round KO Joshua inflicted on him.

8 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Otherwise engaged (just for a change) but will watch. I know Woodstock and Bowen are both on the card but not sure if they are on the televised section. Davis Catteral is the main event isn't it?

Interesting one for Dubois against Johnson (seems there was something in Galeics rumors about Johnson talking to Warren, has he been banned again?) Normally he marks the transition between learning fights and taking more serious tests. Has taken some very good boxers the distance but you'd expect at 39 against Dubois's hitting power it will end closer to the 2nd round KO Joshua inflicted on him.

Catteral is headlining, Nicola Adams is appearing. I reckon Woodstock will get on tv, maybe Bowen too, both local lads and should create an atmosphere. Dubois has impressed so far but he’s still young, a good prospect no doubt. A day at the KP and boxing, excellent ! 

Canelo set to challenge Rocky Fielding for his WBA world super title at MSG. Genuinely a bit shocked when I saw it, I thought somebody had hacked MTK’s Twitter. Also heard today that Alvarez has signed a multi deal with DAZN which I was also shocked by, I thought he’d have gone ESPN given the PPV set up. 

Edited by Manini