Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

10 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

The one two that knocks bellew out is something else.

It is.

There's a left hook just before it that really does the damage though. It totally straightens Bellew up. Usyk sensed that in a flash and finished it, immediately. Pretty impressive given that Bellew is most certainly a tough bloke who wouldn't cave easily..

7 hours ago, Col city fan said:

The step up to heavyweight for Usyk will be fascinating.

Technically I’d suggest he’s ahead of any of the current heavys. The question will be, is he big enough I suppose.

I don’t think we will see him for awhile now. Bredis Gassiev and Bellew in 12 months is a monster of a year, three massive fights.Think he’ll take a well earned break.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I don’t think we will see him for awhile now. Bredis Gassiev and Bellew in 12 months is a monster of a year, three massive fights.Think he’ll take a well earned break.

I agree. It’s not like he needs the dosh or the fame at the moment. I doubt we’ll see him again until mid 2019 ish

Yeah my thoughts exactly, biting off a bit more than he can chew with that one I think and I’m a big fan of his.  He’s done alright at light welter before but Spence has serious power at the weight you’d imagine Mikey would feel it at some point. I’d certainly lean towards Spense, can’t really right off a man with Garcia’s talent but he’s a big underdog for me.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, FilbertFrog said:

Wilder 8/13 is paying for ze Christmas goose , for me it is clear he wins this fight easily and stops Mr. Fury for sure , 11/10 for the stoppage could pay for Christmas and new year celebrations and a nice Bottle of Paullac to wash it down. 

Sorry, you’ve lost me. Aren’t you saying just a few posts upward that in a weeks time Fury will be back on his throne?

Who else has regained a World Heavyweight title other than Tyson, Ali, Holyfield, Foreman, Patterson, Lewis? I have a feeling I am missing someone out.

If Fury wins he would also be the second man to retain the title without having lost it in the ring, although Ali had lost to Frazier and Norton by the time he regained the title from Foreman. Proper sports movie stuff if Tyson wins.

1 hour ago, mancunianfox said:

Who else has regained a World Heavyweight title other than Tyson, Ali, Holyfield, Foreman, Patterson, Lewis? I have a feeling I am missing someone out.

If Fury wins he would also be the second man to retain the title without having lost it in the ring, although Ali had lost to Frazier and Norton by the time he regained the title from Foreman. Proper sports movie stuff if Tyson wins.

If we're talking lineal champions - both Klitchkos?

3 minutes ago, FilbertFrog said:

Isn’t Wilder the king ? He will be back on his throne (the ring) 

Ah okay, wasn’t quite sure what you meant!

I saw an interview the other day where Fury talked about maybe retiring after this fight... I couldn’t work out if he lacked confidence and was going for a payday or if he just wanted a showdown with Joshua... I haven’t watched much of Wilder and was quite surprised he took the Fury fight as it’s a banana skin he didn’t really need but it’ll be interesting nonetheless.

• Like 1