Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

56 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

If doing drugs, piling on 10 stone between fights and talking about people's cocks is "all part of the sport" then fair enough.

No doubt he gets people interested and puts bums on seats but I just find him a bit of a circus act and full of shit.

Although AJ's squeaky clean image is a bit sterile, at least he takes the sport seriously and treats it professionally. If my lad ever wants to get into boxing I'd much rather he looked up to AJ as a role model than Fury.

But each to their own. It's an entertainment business after all, and I suppose Fury is entertaining in a strange way. 

Maybe I'd like Fury if I met him in person - who knows. Or maybe it's that I just don't understand him. I do find him incredibly complex but good luck to him vs Wilder.

Granted I am not saying I prefer Tyson Fury to AJ I just thought calling him "Bad for the Sport" was probably taking it a bit far. 

And in fairness Ricky Hatton made a pretty decent career out of it.

• Like 1

For me if it stays a boxing match, Fury will win. If it descends in to wild punches from anywhere, Wilder has the better chance. I wouldn’t claim to be an expert, I’ve never had a fight in my life, but I do watch a lot of boxing, and without doubt I think Wilder has the worst technique I’ve ever seen in my life. Fury will make it awkward for him and I don’t think Wilder will be expecting just how awkward a night it will be for him unless he pretty much charges Fury from the start. Nobody’s ever seen Fury in an exciting fight and I don’t expect that to change now, but to be honest I hope he bores the pants off everybody and gets his own way against Wilder, ala Wlad. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

AJ for me. I've never really liked Fury.

People knock AJ but he's a model pro. He doesn't talk shit and is dedicated to the sport.

Fury is a bit of a nob and talks bollux most of the time IMO. His pre-fight antics are a bit childish and he contradicts himself on a regular basis. I know he's got/had mental health issues but I'm not convinced he's good for the sport.

AJ doesn't talk shit and neshes big fights, all this stay humble bollocks is something that should be in tennis not boxing, I find it hard to. Fury is a bit of a nob and he does talk bollocks, but as his records show he backs it up. Tbf to Fury, I think he's been rather tame going into this fight, I'm not sure whether it's just because Wilder's lost it already and he doesn't really need to rile up him, or whether his life experience from the past two years has matured him a bit

20 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

AJ doesn't talk shit and neshes big fights, all this stay humble bollocks is something that should be in tennis not boxing, I find it hard to. Fury is a bit of a nob and he does talk bollocks, but as his records show he backs it up. Tbf to Fury, I think he's been rather tame going into this fight, I'm not sure whether it's just because Wilder's lost it already and he doesn't really need to rile up him, or whether his life experience from the past two years has matured him a bit

It's definitely because winding up Wilder is a piece of piss.

This is the man who jumped on a plane to face someone who wound him up on twitter lets remember.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Usyk on Wilder Fury

“I like Joshua better because he doesn’t speak that much. I actually don’t like boxers who talk too much. I wish they both punch each other at the same time and fall down together”

lol lol lol

:D

Usyk is cool as they come. Meant to be a very bright man

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Usyk on Wilder Fury

“I like Joshua better because he doesn’t speak that much. I actually don’t like boxers who talk too much. I wish they both punch each other at the same time and fall down together”

lol lol lol

I would think because he knows AJ is a flat footed body builder and that either of saturdays guys would eat him up and expose how lacking in personality Usyk is , is suspect it would be easy to wind Usyk up and get in his head , little bit like AJ as I feel AJ is also a little boring and manufactured and people can get in his head Whyte did easily , so I suspect that Usyk fancies AJ rather than the two best in the division 

7 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Lets not forget that apart from being a very big fooker, Wilder has an explosive punch AND speed.  His KO stats take some beating.   Anyone with that combination has the ability to win any match, even when they are losing.   Like I said before this match really intrigues me and I'm well up for it ...   my 20 notes will soon be on their way to BT ...      :thumbup:

No idea who will win it ...   all depends on Fury.

Agreed.

When Wilder catches someone, he gets the job done. Anyone underestimating his punching power would be naive.

We all know Fury is awkward and can box but the years out of the ring may well take it's toll. No idea who's going to win, styles make fights, Ken Norton's trilogy with Muhammed Ali is a perfect example of that. Until they're in there, we won't know. I do think this though, if Fury is to win, it absolutely will not be easy and he will have to take some punishment along the way..

Edited by Max Wall

5 hours ago, Manini said:

For me if it stays a boxing match, Fury will win. If it descends in to wild punches from anywhere, Wilder has the better chance. I wouldn’t claim to be an expert, I’ve never had a fight in my life, but I do watch a lot of boxing, and without doubt I think Wilder has the worst technique I’ve ever seen in my life. Fury will make it awkward for him and I don’t think Wilder will be expecting just how awkward a night it will be for him unless he pretty much charges Fury from the start. Nobody’s ever seen Fury in an exciting fight and I don’t expect that to change now, but to be honest I hope he bores the pants off everybody and gets his own way against Wilder, ala Wlad. 

Correct if we were talking about fury of old. As I’ve said in peak I’d favour him, I think he’d actually make wilder look stupid. But I’m very unsure that’s where he is at that or even if it will be possible for him to ever get back to that level.

Having to remain allusive for 12 rounds and not getting pinged by wilder is a big ask for me given what I saw in the Pianeta  fight is a different matter though. But he claims he’s conned wilder into this fight so we will see. It’ll be a lot clearer after three rounds.

6 minutes ago, FilbertFrog said:

Tyson Fury 7/4 freely available 24 hours ago now as low as even money, not a big betting man but I thinking that someone knows something 

Fury’s cronies have a habit of lumping on. I know betway had a 20k bet yeatetday on fury to win.

although commercial boxing matches can be very lucrative if you know what you are on about, as 90% of the people betting on them have no idea 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

I was strongly of the belief that Wilder would beat fury and I had a little bet on the knock out , after that performance and the fear in his voice on interview Wilder is beat already , boxing is not just won with fists it’s won in the head , and Wilder is beaten in the head,  the mask the tremor in his voice all telling signs that he is scrambled in his head add all that to the fact he said he likes fury , I have wasted my money it seems , Fury wins this one and becomes the Number 1 

Is it genuinely just me that thinks Fury is, beneath the surface a decent bloke? 

If you watch his and his wife Paris’ interviews with Kugan on IFL they actually come across pretty well, they seem quite normal and down to earth. But I suppose he’s different and hard to understand for a lot of people. By no means am I agreeing with some of the things he’s said in the past, I just think there’s more than meets the eye with the whole Fury family, they’re no mugs. 

14 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Fury’s cronies have a habit of lumping on. I know betway had a 20k bet yeatetday on fury to win.

although commercial boxing matches can be very lucrative if you know what you are on about, as 90% of the people betting on them have no idea 

Yep, BJS put £70,000 on him apparently on Thursday. 

16 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Correct if we were talking about fury of old ... 

It’ll be a lot clearer after three rounds.

As per one of the pundits today ..   that Fury does not exist anymore and will probably never return.  Got to say I agree with that but hope he gets past 3 rounds and makes a fight of it.    My worry is that Fury’s head is writing some big cheques his body has no chance of cashing.   As the time approaches I must admit I’ve gone from who knows to Wilder win ...   would love the gypsy king to get a result though as he really has put the sport back in the spotlight. 

Fury is 30, by no means an old heavyweight. That weight division is notorious for boxers maturing into their 30's and performing well. He hasn't had a tough ring career either.

At 6ft 9ins and 3 stones heavier, he has the advantages by no small margin. He's also adept at spoiling and being awkward. In the past, he's been capable of keeping bigger and heavier men than Wilder at arms length. The only question mark I really have is whether, after such a long time without a testing fight, he'll have the desire to reach deep down if the going gets really tough. If he does, he is capable of blunting Wilder. Shouldn't really doubt him as he's been in the ring with 27 other big men and won them all, and, you can't knock an unbeaten record.

Pretty intriguing fight and I'd normally have a more certain opinion of the outcome. I just don't know what to make of it. I haven't really looked forward to any of Joshua's fights, he just doesn't do it for me for whatever reason. He does for others and that's fine, I'm genuinely looking forward to this one though.

If Wilder connects with a few clean shots then it will be all over before we know it and with the amount of punches he is likely to be throwing there would be a good chance one or two will connect and with his knockout record as good as it is he knows what to do, Fury I feel will have to go all 12 rounds which I can't see happening... but you never know.

13 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

If Wilder connects with a few clean shots then it will be all over before we know it and with the amount of punches he is likely to be throwing there would be a good chance one or two will connect and with his knockout record as good as it is he knows what to do, Fury I feel will have to go all 12 rounds which I can't see happening... but you never know.

If any heavyweight connects with a few clean shots it's usually over. Fury has proven he's difficult to hit throughout his career.I'll be honest and say I'd no idea Wilder would be just a smidge over 15 stone. That weight's a hell of an advantage for Fury.

Edited by Max Wall
typo
  • Like 1