Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

4 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

If any heavyweight connects with a few clean shots it's usually over. Fury has proven he's difficult to hit throughout his career.I'll be honest and say I'd no idea Wilder would be just a smidge over 15 stone. That's weight's a hell of an advantage for Fury.

true but Wilder has proven track record granted he hasn't probably faced anyone quite like Fury but I think the time Fury has taken out could effect him the longer it goes on... Fury could of course go for the knockout as well its not a straight forward call of who takes it but I think Wilder will surprise him.

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

true but Wilder has proven track record granted he hasn't probably faced anyone quite like Fury but I think the time Fury has taken out could effect him the longer it goes on... Fury could of course go for the knockout as well its not a straight forward call of who takes it but I think Wilder will surprise him.

Maybe but I sincerely doubt it, it's not really his style. He has a lot of stoppages on his record but Fury has only knocked out 3 or 4 opponents for the count. He just doesn't possess a traditionally big punch. I agree that the inactivity may be his downfall though and Wilder can punch, no doubt.  Actually doubt Wilder will surprise him though. Fury isn't a mug and is well aware of the threat Wilder poses.

50 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Fury is 30, by no means an old heavyweight. That weight division is notorious for boxers maturing into their 30's and performing well. He hasn't had a tough ring career either.

At 6ft 9ins and 3 stones heavier, he has the advantages by no small margin. He's also adept at spoiling and being awkward. In the past, he's been capable of keeping bigger and heavier men than Wilder at arms length. The only question mark I really have is whether, after such a long time without a testing fight, he'll have the desire to reach deep down if the going gets really tough. If he does, he is capable of blunting Wilder. Shouldn't really doubt him as he's been in the ring with 27 other big men and won them all, and, you can't knock an unbeaten record.

Pretty intriguing fight and I'd normally have a more certain opinion of the outcome. I just don't know what to make of it. I haven't really looked forward to any of Joshua's fights, he just doesn't do it for me for whatever reason. He does for others and that's fine, I'm genuinely looking forward to this one though.

Good post but really not a question of age or miles on the clock it’s the affects of what he’s been through. His last two fights he’s looked nothing like the level he has been at so for me until he proves he is as good as he was his record is irrelevant.

I too hope fury wins but tbh wilder could be fighting a convicted peado and I’d not be sad to him lose. Been a lot of talk about fury’s personality and I’m not trying to get at Izzy here but if anyone’s bad for the sport it’s the bloke who claims he wants to kill someone in the ring before he retires. Whether he meant it or said it for publicity.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Good post but really not a question of age or miles on the clock it’s the affects of what he’s been through. His last two fights he’s looked nothing like the level he has been at so for me until he proves he is as good as he was his record is irrelevant.

I too hope fury wins but tbh wilder could be fighting a convicted peado and I’d not be sad to him lose. Been a lot of talk about fury’s personality and I’m not trying to get at Izzy here but if anyone’s bad for the sport it’s the bloke who claims he wants to kill someone in the ring before he retires. Whether he meant it or said it for publicity.

Fury looks in good physical shape, he didn’t really for his last two bouts. It really isn’t a fight to be putting any serious wedge on, too many what ifs.

Edited by Strokes

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Fury looks in good physical shape, he didn’t really for his last two bouts. It really isn’t a fight to be putting any serious wedge on, too many what ifs.

Yeah he’s not a stupid  bloke he will try to be in the best condition possible he knows wilder isn’t a Seferei or a Pianetta. He certainly looks better.

its just what he’s capable of in top condition is still a massive unknown. If he’s  the fighter that beat wlad wilder won’t get close to hitting him.

• Like 2

Anything could happen in this fight, but this is how I see it; Wilder is actually quite light for such a tall man. If anyone is going to test out his resilience it is Fury. Fury is a huge unit and hits a lot harder than he is given credit for. Chisora who is resilient got beat up pretty bad by Fury. I don't see the spindly legged Wilder standing up to that. I think Fury will stop him before the 9th. Possibly even early. Wilder is so open to being tagged when he misses.

Edited by SydenhamFox

11 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Yeah, agreed Manwell. Inactivity is one thing but the nature of Fury's inactivity is another altogether. I do really think the weight advantage evens that up a little though, it's huge. That said, Fury probably doesn't know how he'll really react if he has to dig deep tonight  so we naturally don't and it gives us a talking point.

I'd like Fury to win too, mainly because he's British rather than any other affinity to him. I also think a match between him and Joshua would be a better and more interesting bout than Wilder/Joshua.

I'm genuinely excited about the fight tonight. Haven't said that about heavyweights for a while.

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

yea that will make it 9pm in local so no earlier than that I would imagine may as well get a bit of kip

tidy, i’m in work at 5.30 so gonna get there 15/20 mins early and get myself a fight to wake me up before breakfast 

4 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

Anything could happen in this fight, but this is how I see it; Wilder is actually quite light for such a tall man. If anyone is going to test out his resilience it is Fury. Fury is a huge unit and hits a lot harder than he is given credit for. Chisora who is resilient got beat up pretty bad by Fury. I don't see the spindly legged Wilder standing up to that. I think Fury will stop him before the 9th. Possibly even early. Wilder is so open to being tagged when he misses.

He's slightly reminiscent of Tommy Hearns there (the only similarity really, Hearns remains one of my favourite fighters to have watched), Tommy's legs just didn't match his massive shoulders and whilst he could punch (really, really punch), he was susceptible to shipping punishment and wobbling.

As far as actual boxing goes though, Hearns was a Ferrari compared to Wilder's Lada. I can easily see your prediction coming to pass, that's what's great about this fight.

9 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

He's slightly reminiscent of Tommy Hearns there (the only similarity really, Hearns remains one of my favourite fighters to have watched), Tommy's legs just didn't match his massive shoulders and whilst he could punch (really, really punch), he was susceptible to shipping punishment and wobbling.

As far as actual boxing goes though, Hearns was a Ferrari compared to Wilder's Lada. I can easily see your prediction coming to pass, that's what's great about this fight.

I loved Hearns! Hagler is my favourite though. He was my hero growing up.
I think Wilder has come in light for speed. I think he's going to go all out in the first 4 rounds, perhaps hoping Fury will go toe to toe with him, which I think would be disastrous for Fury, just like it was for Hearns against Hagler actually! If Hearns would have stayed on the outside that night he had all the tools to win that night. This could be similar. Fury needs to be disciplined, stick to countering and lean on Wilder every chance he gets to sap him of energy. I can't wait for this one!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Countryfox said:

As per one of the pundits today ..   that Fury does not exist anymore and will probably never return.  Got to say I agree with that but hope he gets past 3 rounds and makes a fight of it.    My worry is that Fury’s head is writing some big cheques his body has no chance of cashing.   As the time approaches I must admit I’ve gone from who knows to Wilder win ...   would love the gypsy king to get a result though as he really has put the sport back in the spotlight. 

That fury was a man driven demented by Demons he is over that stuff now , the argument and word from his camp is this is actually a BETTER fury , he may be too rusty tonight but he will become a world champ again for sure , he is in the prime of his life and the shape of his life , I believe he is actually going to be a better fighter this time round , he used to stink the place out regularly can’t see that happening again , Peter fury was the man behind the stink tactics as we have seen with Hughie 

2 minutes ago, FilbertFrog said:

That fury was a man driven demented by Demons he is over that stuff now , the argument and word from his camp is this is actually a BETTER fury , he may be too rusty tonight but he will become a world champ again for sure , he is in the prime of his life and the shape of his life , I believe he is actually going to be a better fighter this time round , he used to stink the place out regularly can’t see that happening again , Peter fury was the man behind the stink tactics as we have seen with Hughie 

Nice thought but that massive weight loss will have an effect.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Nice thought but that massive weight loss will have an effect.

Not over 12 months plus it doesn’t , it’s actually the opposite His cardio will be have been boosted hugely he has peak flow tests online that smashed anything he was doing 3 years ago , he is a specimen now , he never was before , rustiness might catch him out fitness won’t he did 16 rounds in wildcard with two partners swapping every two rounds , he is now something he has never been , an athlete  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FilbertFrog said:

But is he?

Sorry but I'm not convinced. For me, Fury is like the boy who cried wolf and I struggle to trust a word that comes out of his mouth.

I genuinely hope he is over it but do I wonder when the fight is done and he's back to eating pies and not training if the 'demons' will creep back in.

Is he still a muslim btw? What happened to all that stuff? Will he really give his purse to the homeless?

Fury confuses me and I can't work him out.

P.S. Wilder to knock him out in the mid rounds is my prediction

To clear things up around ring walk it won’t be later than 5am, it’ll be closer to 4am I think, that might only be 8pm in LA but you’ve got to remember their selling this to the whole country so needs to be a reasonable time on the east coast. I’d lean towards an earlier start as well think we are looking at early wins for st least 2/3 of  Hudd Joyce and Ortiz. Obviously a float could push it closer to five if all three get done early 

4 hours ago, SydenhamFox said:

I loved Hearns! Hagler is my favourite though. He was my hero growing up.
I think Wilder has come in light for speed. I think he's going to go all out in the first 4 rounds, perhaps hoping Fury will go toe to toe with him, which I think would be disastrous for Fury, just like it was for Hearns against Hagler actually! If Hearns would have stayed on the outside that night he had all the tools to win that night. This could be similar. Fury needs to be disciplined, stick to countering and lean on Wilder every chance he gets to sap him of energy. I can't wait for this one!

That should and probably will be a big part of Fury's strategy. Over 3 stones disadvantage to wrestle with at close quarters for Wilder. Whoever you are, that's difficult. Fury is no statue like Nikolai Valuev either, he's awkward and he can box.