Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

• 2 weeks later...

He is a very decent prospect (Bowen)  Got himself into 9th in the WBO's ranking as well, there's some interesting domestic fights out there for him if he can keep on winning and learning over the next 18 months. 

It should be an easy nights work anyway Jordan McCorry is an easier opponent the Ronnie Clark who seems to have bottled the fight. 

16 hours ago, Manini said:

Standard seats for Warrington Awad are £100....that’s a staggering amount for one of his fights in my view. 

I think that’s the ‘top end’ of standard. Seats are available for £46 up to £80. It’s not a huge venue, so you get a decent view wherever you’re sat. Saw Warrington fight there 18 months ago. Was full of students chucking up or asleep after being on the pop ! 

2 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

I think that’s the ‘top end’ of standard. Seats are available for £46 up to £80. It’s not a huge venue, so you get a decent view wherever you’re sat. Saw Warrington fight there 18 months ago. Was full of students chucking up or asleep after being on the pop ! 

Ah I must have just been quoted for a shit Price then, fair enough. I know a lot of lads that go and see him fight, from his local area and to be honest, they’re just as bad, love a rowdy do do the Leeds. 

Are you going? I’d imagine it’ll be a fairly decent fight that especially with the West/South Yorkshire angle to it. I’d imagine Warrington will make light work of him though. 

1 hour ago, Manini said:

Ah I must have just been quoted for a shit Price then, fair enough. I know a lot of lads that go and see him fight, from his local area and to be honest, they’re just as bad, love a rowdy do do the Leeds. 

Are you going? I’d imagine it’ll be a fairly decent fight that especially with the West/South Yorkshire angle to it. I’d imagine Warrington will make light work of him though. 

He’ll make Galahad look stupid. 

Watching fights in this country is torrid due to the nobheads scrapping.

41 minutes ago, Manini said:

Isn’t he good mates with Broner? 

Galahad? Not heard anything along those lines. Although how anyone could like either of them is very puzzling. Undoubtedly both talented but a bigger pair of boneheads you will struggle to find in the entire sport (well ones that glove up anyway)

Edited by Manwell Pablo

6 hours ago, Manini said:

Probably not. I’ve been to small venues recently, Copper Box ( a lot of trouble with West Ham idiots ) and The York Hall, Bethnal Green, which is a great, iconic venue. Only hold 2,200, but is a decent night out, nice east end pubs nearby.  Was there 3 weeks ago, cheap hotel and a cracking weekend away 

3 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Really hope Bowen can pack his job in now. Would love to see an all Leicester showdown with him and Woodstock.

Was saying to mi lad whilst watching the boxing Sat night..how well has Bowen done to work full-time AND get into the shape/condition he’s in! Amazing feat and makes you wonder how good he could be if he turned pro.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Was saying to mi lad whilst watching the boxing Sat night..how well has Bowen done to work full-time AND get into the shape/condition he’s in! Amazing feat and makes you wonder how good he could be if he turned pro.

Absolutely. Must be knackered.

21 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Well he is a “pro” he’s just working a 9-5 (well shifts at least) as well. It’s an active job as well so doesn’t hurt. Still trains loads and takes leave for a few weeks before fights to train full time.

He can quit and attempt to live off his boxing alone but it's his decision not to do that.

He wont quit that job yet I wouldn’t have thought. Saturdays win doesn’t really push him up a level. If he carriers on winning for another 18-24 months 4/5 fights and beats up Woodstock during that time he might be looking at a fight where he has to  look at going full time as he will need a full camp. He's already in one of the governing bodies top 10 so it would start to look a lot more serious then.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

10 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well he is a “pro” he’s just working a 9-5 (well shifts at least) as well. It’s an active job as well so doesn’t hurt. Still trains loads and takes leave for a few weeks before fights to train full time.

He can quit and attempt to live off his boxing alone but it's his decision not to do that.

He wont quit that job yet I wouldn’t have thought. Saturdays win doesn’t really push him up a level. If he carriers on winning for another 18-24 months 4/5 fights and beats up Woodstock during that time he might be looking at a fight where he has to  look at going full time as he will need a full camp. He's already in one of the governing bodies top 10 so it would start to look a lot more serious then.

What does he do for work?