Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Man is chonk 

Yep, Fat Andy Ruiz as I rather unimaginatively like to call him. Not a bad score for him, takes two years out the ring has one come back fight before he knows it he's fighting Joshua in 5 weeks.

I thought he beat Parker in Auckland though to be fair, he will at least be game and in shape (well....) as he only fought a few weeks ago. Obviously he will lose but it could of been worse.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Incredible that we've gone from a proposed Joshua v Whyte II & Wilder v Fury II down to:

Joshua v Ruiz

Fury v Schwarz

Wilder v Breazeale

Whyte v Rivas

Not slagging the last fight as it's yet another bold one for Whyte to take, but I can't see myself paying £20 for it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Incredible that we've gone from a proposed Joshua v Whyte II & Wilder v Fury II down to:

Joshua v Ruiz

Fury v Schwarz

Wilder v Breazeale

Whyte v Rivas

Not slagging the last fight as it's yet another bold one for Whyte to take, but I can't see myself paying £20 for it. 

I like Whyte and I like Price & Allen, think that fight for however long it lasts will be worth £20

On 29/04/2019 at 20:07, don_danbury said:

gonna be carl baker. the fridge

Similar physique to Ruiz. Awful choice for AJ. Offered King Kong peanuts knowing he’d say no and Sky are gonna charge £20 for a fight AJ would win with a hand behind his back.

17 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Joshua v Ruiz

Fury v Schwarz

Wilder v Breazeale

Whyte v Rivas

Wilder Breazeale might be a bit of a war. Easily the best fight of the 4 I think. 

35 minutes ago, shanetko said:

Similar physique to Ruiz. Awful choice for AJ. Offered King Kong peanuts knowing he’d say no and Sky are gonna charge £20 for a fight AJ would win with a hand behind his back.

i said carl as a joke, some fat fella literally nicknamed 'the fridge' lol who hasn't fought for like 5 years. wouldn't have surprised me if they picked him and stuck it on PPV

1 hour ago, don_danbury said:

i said carl as a joke, some fat fella literally nicknamed 'the fridge' lol who hasn't fought for like 5 years. wouldn't have surprised me if they picked him and stuck it on PPV

Yeah I know he’s not fighting the great man. Seemed a good place to pick up on what a joke the Ruiz fight is.

30 minutes ago, shanetko said:

Yeah I know he’s not fighting the great man. Seemed a good place to pick up on what a joke the Ruiz fight is.

yeah i actually thought you meant john ruiz at first lol 

i don't follow boxing much anymore as you can tell.

10 hours ago, shanetko said:

Peanuts is an interesting way to describe a purse vastly bigger than anything he’s earned previously, and given his age, vastly bigger than anything he will get in the future without a serious landmark win.

Think it’s more likely he’s running scared of a Varda test myself given he’s another serial drug cheat.

• Like 1

It’s a shame that they can’t get Joshua, Fury & Wilder on a collision course. Along with Whyte and some of the ‘better’ heavyweights can’t they create some sort of Super Series ? Boxing politics always seems to get in the way with the bigger fellas. I know it’s a bygone age but in the not too distant past, the best heavyweights fought each other regularly. Ali, Frazier, Forman. Moving onto Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis et al. Too many names to remember. But maybe TV rights, protecting your prized asset and money takes priority in the modern era. 

On 01/05/2019 at 21:49, Manwell Pablo said:

Peanuts is an interesting way to describe a purse vastly bigger than anything he’s earned previously, and given his age, vastly bigger than anything he will get in the future without a serious landmark win.

Think it’s more likely he’s running scared of a Varda test myself given he’s another serial drug cheat.

Yep. Didn't he get offered $7M?

So what if he "isn't ready" and gets KO'd, he's set up for life and has a shot at being the world champion.

He isn't ready for VADA and needs more time to get the juice out of his system.

10 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Yep. Didn't he get offered $7M?

So what if he "isn't ready" and gets KO'd, he's set up for life and has a shot at being the world champion.

He isn't ready for VADA and needs more time to get the juice out of his system.

Was 5 minimum and I don't think he's ever done 7 figures for one fight.

Even the statement his team released was a load of contradictory tosh. "Hearn's low ball offers will not be accepted and no contract was sent"

So let me get this straight you turning down an offer that was never made because it's too low? Ok.

19 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Any chance of the Loma Campbell fight being in the UK? 

I don't think so. But it's not impossible.  Can't see Bob losing a purse bid to Eddie with Lomachenko involved. Campbell's been over to the States before and will have no problem doing so again. 

I mean even if Eddie does win it he could favor sticking it on DAZN. Probably not as I imagine he could justify PPV for that fight over here. But yeah, if it doesn't end up being a Top Rank fight I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

So the WBC have now ordered a Fury Whyte in a final eliminator for the WBC belt lol 

I'm not exactly sure why they think Tyson Fury is going to want to fight Whyte in a final eliminator when he decided to withdraw from the rematch with Wilder that they also ordered lol

I'm not exactly convinced this is the golden heavy weight era everyone makes it out to be but we sure are being done out of a lot of decent fights by boxing promoters.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

So the WBC have now ordered a Fury Whyte in a final eliminator for the WBC belt lol 

I'm not exactly sure why they think Tyson Fury is going to want to fight Whyte in a final eliminator when he decided to withdraw from the rematch with Wilder that they also ordered lol

I'm not exactly convinced this is the golden heavy weight era everyone makes it out to be but we sure are being done out of a lot of decent fights by boxing promoters.

I posted above. Why can't the powers that be sort out a 'Super Series' ? Get the best on a collision course. Joshua, Wilder, Fury, Whyte et al. It happened in the past regularly, top heavyweights, slugging it out, meeting each other more than once. TV, politics, and promoters looking after their cash cow seem to get in the way too often. 

27 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

I posted above. Why can't the powers that be sort out a 'Super Series' ? Get the best on a collision course. Joshua, Wilder, Fury, Whyte et al. It happened in the past regularly, top heavyweights, slugging it out, meeting each other more than once. TV, politics, and promoters looking after their cash cow seem to get in the way too often. 

Great tactic, have 2 ppv fights a year against mediocre fighters......get near retirement and then seal your retirement by having a mega fight.

For us punters, it's dog turd

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

Yeah it does but that’s the state of the sport unfortunately. The Singh’s got it right ^

tbh we only got wilder fury the first time because Wilder thought fury was finished.

1 hour ago, Dr The Singh said:

Great tactic, have 2 ppv fights a year against mediocre fighters......get near retirement and then seal your retirement by having a mega fight.

For us punters, it's dog turd

At least the best will eventually meet. The way it is now l can't see it happening. And surely there are 3/4 decent fighters around other than the mediocre punchbags doing the circuit. Like l said, promoters just want to protect their assets by taking on 'Mr Unbeaten German' who hasn't fought anyone. The heavyweight division needs a shake up somehow.