Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

7 hours ago, Dames said:

This fight has purely been made from a business perspective. Its why Miller confronted AJ at the DAZN conference last year - it was all scripted to put in place a narrative for this fight. No doubt DAZN have put huge pressure on Hearn to bring the Heavyweight Champion of the world to the States to show on their network. Its why they lowballed Whyte and tried to place all the blame on him because they knew he was going to reject low offers. An AJ vs Whyte rematch will do huge PPV numbers in the UK and Whyte rightly wanted a fair cut of the deal.

As for the fight itself its a profile builder for both DAZN and AJ in the states, Miller is a bang average heavy weight with his only real strength being his weight, I can see AJ putting him away rounds 5-8, easy nights work. There is no way this fight will do much in terms of numbers on Sky.

AJ gets known in the States.

Next step. Wilder (or not when Fury beats him).

5 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Boxing in Leicester next Saturday. Sam Bowen, Anthony Yarde headlining. Looks a decent bill. Live on BT too. Nice to see a few more events happening in the city again. 

Here here. Challenger V Haywood is a fantastic all Leicester scrap and looking forward to seeing Bowen live for the first time 

On 16/02/2019 at 14:10, The whole world smiles said:

Here here. Challenger V Haywood is a fantastic all Leicester scrap and looking forward to seeing Bowen live for the first time 

Enjoy guys. This has somehow clashed with a weekend away watching Cologne and Dortmund so I doubt I'll be even able to watch it on TV as if I'm lucky enough to find a bar showing boxing it'll undoubtedly be Degale Vs Eubank.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

4 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Enjoy guys. This has somehow clashed with a weekend away watching Cologne and Dortmund so I doubt I'll be even able to watch it on TV as if I'm lucky enough to find a bar showing boxing it'll undoubtedly be Degale Vs Eubank.

It's off FFS. Never trust Frank Warren! Postponed till march. Good for you bad for me as I'm on holiday on the new date.

7 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Am I being pessimistic in thinking this ESPN deal will make Wilder rematch negotiations harder?

No I’d say your not being pessimistic 

Straight talking. The WBC have ordered the fight. So the fight has to take place. The promoting stuff needs to be agreed in terms tv venue etc or it goes to purse bid. If Wilder refuses to fight he loses his belt, if fury refuses he will lose his title shot and won’t get another one ordered by the wbc for some time.

This is boxing politics though and this is Bob Arum and Al Haymon. So I foresee something going horribly wrong, between them it will magically fall through somehow.

its not good for the division really. You’ve got the three men you want to see fight each other all under very conflicting promotional banners. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

No I’d say your not being pessimistic 

Straight talking. The WBC have ordered the fight. So the fight has to take place. The promoting stuff needs to be agreed in terms tv venue etc or it goes to purse bid. If Wilder refuses to fight he loses his belt, if fury refuses he will lose his title shot and won’t get another one ordered by the wbc for some time.

This is boxing politics though and this is Bob Arum and Al Haymon. So I foresee something going horribly wrong, between them it will magically fall through somehow.

its not good for the division really. You’ve got the three men you want to see fight each other all under very conflicting promotional banners. 

Isn't that really ridiculous?

Is it the fault of those promotional agencies for being money-grubbing SOB's, or the consumer (fans) for not voting with their wallets enough to give them a hard time and make the big fights everyone clearly wants to see happen, do you think?

8 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Isn't that really ridiculous?

Is it the fault of those promotional agencies for being money-grubbing SOB's, or the consumer (fans) for not voting with their wallets enough to give them a hard time and make the big fights everyone clearly wants to see happen, do you think?

Bit of both. The promoters they are there to  make money and make it a long term proposition. If Joshua can earn 15 million against fighters who aren't going to give him a problem he's going to do that 3 times instead of climbing in the ring with someone who could take hes head off for 50 million, as if he loses his belts and his unblemished record he can't earn 15 million a fight anymore. Joshua is probably much less bothered about that than Eddie Hearn is but there we are. All risk reward. Joshua took the Wlad fight (a risk) because he was old and a victory would push his stock to where it is now essentially, he's 800,000 PPV's buying anyone these days, even if he fights the local bin man. Before Wlad he was only guaranteed just over half of that.  Wilder took Fury for the same reason, he thought he was done and would raise his profile and potential earnings permanently if he was to win. 

The fans I dunno it's hard to critisise someone for paying for something they want to watch and certain people within the sport (Mainly Haye and Hearn) have done a lot to make totally nothing fights into PPV super fights. I guess my attitude towards fans, and causal ones in particular is, if you want to pay to watch those fights fine. But don't sit there and moan when the actual super fights don't get made because you are putting the promoters under no pressure to do so by paying to watch the likes of Chisora and Audley Harison.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Anyone bothered about DeGale v Junior?

In Germany so not really, might see if the rest want to watch it some where.

DeGale retires regardless of the result probably. May take one more fight if he feels good and wins convincingly. Eubank will carry on and will actually have won the fight in his own head even if he gets knocked out in the first round regardless. Should imagine Direll will be the follow up PPV for the winner.

Degale was broken and gave everything in the Badou Jack fight and hasn’t looked the same since. Its obvious hes only fighting for a pay day and this fights been awful. Still Eubank Jr is no where near world level and probably never will be on this showing, Callum Smith would flatten him, horribly. 

Incredible how quickly a boxing career can come and go....can remember Groves and Degale going at it to decide what the future was.

Fair play to both over the years, neither gone hiding. Groves has made the decision, lets hope Chunky makes the same.

Junior will never be at true world level but hats off tonight, done a job and done it very well.

Will try and watch the highlights at some point but went as I thought it would if he boxed like he did against Traux. Which by the sounds of it he did. Jack should of been the end really physical and mental damage sustained in the fight has finished him. Call it a day James.

Watched a bit of the post match stuff and junior  actually acting like like much less of a total muppet now he’s got a proper trainer. Less talking rubbish and dancing in the ring and more focus he might actually reach his potential which I still don’t think is anything too special but there are certainly worse fighters that have won world titles.