Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

2 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

At least the best will eventually meet. The way it is now l can't see it happening. And surely there are 3/4 decent fighters around other than the mediocre punchbags doing the circuit. Like l said, promoters just want to protect their assets by taking on 'Mr Unbeaten German' who hasn't fought anyone. The heavyweight division needs a shake up somehow. 

I’d not hold your breath.

6 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I’d not hold your breath.

I know, right?

Isn't it a damn shame? Money and ego ruining things - I'm going to sound like an old fart here but a while back, while there was still egos, the proper fights with the best against the best still actually got organised rather than all this dancing around,

3 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Oh, l agree. It probably will never happen. As leicsmac ^ said it’s a shame. What do you think of the potential Klitschko comeback ? 

Klitschko and froch both want to come back, I think both should fight each other

13 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Warren confirms Fury v Schwarz is PPV lollollollollol 

It's on free to air...in Germany. So anyone with German TV (probably not too many on here) it is on MDR. Might try and stay up to watch this. Although with it being in Vegas it will be stupid o'clock.

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It's on free to air...in Germany. So anyone with German TV (probably not too many on here) it is on MDR. Might try and stay up to watch this. Although with it being in Vegas it will be stupid o'clock.

I remember being in Germany for Joshua v Klitschko and watching it on RTL, it was great.

The penny is eventually going to drop with these promoters especially if they keep pushing out turd match ups as PPV worthy.

Joshua vs Ruiz is not going to do the numbers Sky/Matchroom hopes it will do in the UK and they will have to start thinking about their approach to promoting Joshua. There is only so many times you can match him up with someone levels below him and slap a PPV price on it before people wise up and start not bothering. Why would you want to spend £20 on a main event you already know the outcome of?

Don't even get me started on what Warren is doing with Fury either, he must be smoke spice if he thinks thats PPV. I wouldn't even watch it if it were on Dave.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dames said:

The penny is eventually going to drop with these promoters especially if they keep pushing out turd match ups as PPV worthy.

Joshua vs Ruiz is not going to do the numbers Sky/Matchroom hopes it will do in the UK and they will have to start thinking about their approach to promoting Joshua. There is only so many times you can match him up with someone levels below him and slap a PPV price on it before people wise up and start not bothering. Why would you want to spend £20 on a main event you already know the outcome of?

Don't even get me started on what Warren is doing with Fury either, he must be smoke spice if he thinks thats PPV. I wouldn't even watch it if it were on Dave.

Joshua no, The Ruiz fight doing much worse over here than previous fights will be blamed on Miller for derailing the hype train with his three failed drug tests, and , to be fair to Matchroom, they will probably have a point. They will give it another go albeit with a more credible opponent than Andy Ruiz (who I maintain, as a last minute replacement is pretty solid)  and I reckon they will sell Joshua fighting in America to a British audience and he will get a following over there as every reasonably hardcore boxing fan over there will probably have a DAZN subscription by now.

Warren and Indeed Arum are crazy with the latter seriously needing to ask himself if it's time to put his pipe and slippers on and retire at last considering some of the shite he's pulled recently. He's signed a world title-less Tyson Fury on a lengthy deal with absolute nobody credible to fight him and now every boxing fan knows a super fight involving one of the three biggest names in the division is a pipe dream, and if one does happen it'll probably be the other two finally agreeing terms, now Arum can blame Haymon in the press all he wants but that's not going to stop no one being interested in Tyson Fury and who he fights. He is never going to get back the money he's paid Fury unless he does something drastic with his matchmaking because as the joke PPV that was Crawford Khan proved when it completely flopped, people here aren't going to pay £20 to watch any old shit at 4am, and they certainly aint parting with $70 over there. And they will get this again with Tom Schwartz and it's difficult to see how they can interest people with his next fight......Dillian Whyte may have to be the answer in the short term, I can see Eddie signing off and him boxing on a Top Rank card against should they both make it through their summer assignments. Was totally unconvinced Fury would take that fight but looking at Social Media its looks a faint possibility. 

• Like 1

I’m certainly not paying for Joshua/Ruiz

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.. I know promoters like to build their fighters up but in Joshua’s case it’s taking the piss! 

Pretty much the only great opponent he’s had his Klitch so far.

Joshua ain’t a kid. It’s time he got put in the ring with somebody able to compete with him.

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’m certainly not paying for Joshua/Ruiz

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.. I know promoters like to build their fighters up but in Joshua’s case it’s taking the piss! 

Pretty much the only great opponent he’s had his Klitch so far.

Joshua ain’t a kid. It’s time he got put in the ring with somebody able to compete with him.

Well you keep saying that but who, exactly, meets that criteria, in your opinion, cuz it aint his fault Wilder's turning 8 figure sums and Furys gone off and signed with Top Rank.

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well you keep saying that but who, exactly, meets that criteria, in your opinion, cuz it aint his fault Wilder's turning 8 figure sums and Furys gone off and signed with Top Rank.

I was only using Joshua as an example. They are pretty much all at it, it seems.

Simply, I was brought up in the era of boxing where typically, the best fought the best.

There is no way now we can tell who the best heavyweight is. I think it’s probably Joshua but his next fight will tell us nothing.

Gone are the days when the likes of Tyson just fought whoever was there to be beaten.

The shame of it is that all the top heavyweights are multi-millionaires. They’ll never have to work again. But money it seems is STILL the primary motive. In the past, being the top dog meant something.

Edited by Col city fan

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Joshua no, The Ruiz fight doing much worse over here than previous fights will be blamed on Miller for derailing the hype train with his three failed drug tests, and , to be fair to Matchroom, they will probably have a point. They will give it another go albeit with a more credible opponent than Andy Ruiz (who I maintain, as a last minute replacement is pretty solid)  and I reckon they will sell Joshua fighting in America to a British audience and he will get a following over there as every reasonably hardcore boxing fan over there will probably have a DAZN subscription by now.

Warren and Indeed Arum are crazy with the latter seriously needing to ask himself if it's time to put his pipe and slippers on and retire at last considering some of the shite he's pulled recently. He's signed a world title-less Tyson Fury on a lengthy deal with absolute nobody credible to fight him and now every boxing fan knows a super fight involving one of the three biggest names in the division is a pipe dream, and if one does happen it'll probably be the other two finally agreeing terms, now Arum can blame Haymon in the press all he wants but that's not going to stop no one being interested in Tyson Fury and who he fights. He is never going to get back the money he's paid Fury unless he does something drastic with his matchmaking because as the joke PPV that was Crawford Khan proved when it completely flopped, people here aren't going to pay £20 to watch any old shit at 4am, and they certainly aint parting with $70 over there. And they will get this again with Tom Schwartz and it's difficult to see how they can interest people with his next fight......Dillian Whyte may have to be the answer in the short term, I can see Eddie signing off and him boxing on a Top Rank card against should they both make it through their summer assignments. Was totally unconvinced Fury would take that fight but looking at Social Media its looks a faint possibility. 

Andy Ruiz is a solid but unspectacular boxer who would be European level at best if he wasn't American, Miller is the same level as proven by the fact he was trying to juice himself to the gills to even stand a chance. Granted the fight will generate some buzz in America but mostly out of curiosity more than anything. It won't be long though before audiences over there wise up and start demanding more challenging match ups for Joshua, his British fanbase is blindly loyal but Eddie/Matchrooms antics won't fly in America for long - arguably judging by social media reactions patience starting to wear a bit thin over here too.

None of the 'Big 3' want any part of Dillian Whyte, he's continually improving, he's tough and he would be a hard nights work for anyone and chances are he could win against any 3 of them. They don't want to risk that hence why Eddie is keeping him away from Joshua but you're right I could see him signing off on a fight with either Wilder or Fury because Eddie knows Whyte has a very good chance and if he wins Eddie will be promoting 2 of the best heavyweights in the world. Besides that I think Fury is done as a high level boxer - he'll try and make as much money as possible off his reputation before riding off into the sunset, he needs to make back the money he lost shoving up his nose.

15 hours ago, Dames said:

Andy Ruiz is a solid but unspectacular boxer who would be European level at best if he wasn't American, Miller is the same level as proven by the fact he was trying to juice himself to the gills to even stand a chance. Granted the fight will generate some buzz in America but mostly out of curiosity more than anything. It won't be long though before audiences over there wise up and start demanding more challenging match ups for Joshua, his British fanbase is blindly loyal but Eddie/Matchrooms antics won't fly in America for long - arguably judging by social media reactions patience starting to wear a bit thin over here too.

None of the 'Big 3' want any part of Dillian Whyte, he's continually improving, he's tough and he would be a hard nights work for anyone and chances are he could win against any 3 of them. They don't want to risk that hence why Eddie is keeping him away from Joshua but you're right I could see him signing off on a fight with either Wilder or Fury because Eddie knows Whyte has a very good chance and if he wins Eddie will be promoting 2 of the best heavyweights in the world. Besides that I think Fury is done as a high level boxer - he'll try and make as much money as possible off his reputation before riding off into the sunset, he needs to make back the money he lost shoving up his nose.

Selling him a little short there he's given Parker a very close fight which I think he actually won, I don't rate Parker as highly as most but he's above continental level. Can he compete with the very best in the division like he did with Parker though, Probably not, but Ruiz's ability and hype is irrelevant as I say, Miller left them in a hole and Ruiz is a pretty good replacement in the circumstances. Certainly preferable to some of the names being touted like Charr. So they will get away with this one as in a lot people's eye's they are the victim in all of this. They will have to up their game for the next fight. Usyk Joshua will be the super fight they start to build internally if they can't get Wilder or Fury to agree to fight.

I agree Miller is easy to hit and would probably offered up little resistance, he was hand picked for Joshua's style at the end of the day.  But his mouth and the fact he's fought a few fighters who are regularly on TV in the states meant he was a decent draw for a Joshua debut fight. I don't think he's juiced just for this fight I think he's probably been at it his whole career and has been found out because VARDA did the testing for this fight. He has previous for it from his kick boxing days

I think we might see Fury Whyte. Although Whyte does have a tough task on his hands in July it has to be said. When Top Rank and Queensbury see the Schwartz  PPV figures I hope they realise they can't just pull five fighters from the various governing bodies top 10 and stick them on PPV and make enough money to make the deal they've made with Fury profitable.  

Very interesting point of view that Fury is done as a top level boxer when he's just (in most people's eyes) beat at least the 2nd best fighter in the division and is still only 30 years old and I'd certainly not agree, he's got at least one more major fight in him for me. But we will see. 

6 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Selling him a little short there he's given Parker a very close fight which I think he actually won, I don't rate Parker as highly as most but he's above continental level. Can he compete with the very best in the division like he did with Parker though, Probably not, but Ruiz's ability and hype is irrelevant as I say, Miller left them in a hole and Ruiz is a pretty good replacement in the circumstances. Certainly preferable to some of the names being touted like Charr. So they will get away with this one as in a lot people's eye's they are the victim in all of this. They will have to up their game for the next fight. Usyk Joshua will be the super fight they start to build internally if they can't get Wilder or Fury to agree to fight.

I agree Miller is easy to hit and would probably offered up little resistance, he was hand picked for Joshua's style at the end of the day.  But his mouth and the fact he's fought a few fighters who are regularly on TV in the states meant he was a decent draw for a Joshua debut fight. I don't think he's juiced just for this fight I think he's probably been at it his whole career and has been found out because VARDA did the testing for this fight. He has previous for it from his kick boxing days

I think we might see Fury Whyte. Although Whyte does have a tough task on his hands in July it has to be said. When Top Rank and Queensbury see the Schwartz  PPV figures I hope they realise they can't just pull five fighters from the various governing bodies top 10 and stick them on PPV and make enough money to make the deal they've made with Fury profitable.  

Very interesting point of view that Fury is done as a top level boxer when he's just (in most people's eyes) beat at least the 2nd best fighter in the division and is still only 30 years old and I'd certainly not agree, he's got at least one more major fight in him for me. But we will see. 

I’m with you in regards to Parker and I think if Joshua wasn’t doing his best to avoid a banana skin he would have put Parker away that fight and comfortably.

I might be selling Ruiz short but I think Joshua will let his hands go this fight and it will be very similar to how the Brezeale fight went. Ruiz will be tough and game to take a hit but ultimately offer very little resistance. I also hear you about the hole Miller has left Matchroom in and this time they can sell it as being let down but Miller was an uninspiring choice in the first place and one or two more match ups like that I think the penny will drop and so will PPV buys.

Whyte has the hardest fight out of the 4 but I think he’ll come through it, he’s constantly improving and has the hunger, its what keeps him taking these fights.

Physically I don’t think Fury is done but in terms of motivation I think he is. He could have had an immediate rematch with Wilder but he didn’t want it, instead he’s going to ride off the hype from that fight to milk as much money as he can get from

fighting bums. It will have to be a mega money offer to get him back in the ring with a Champion. 

• Like 1