Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

I know I've already said it, but I cannot get my head round this being PPV. The numbers will be awful, surely.

Does anyone like either of these two?

They are two of the most unlikable fighters in British boxing but unfortunately since ITV started showing Eubank JR all of his fights have been PPV.

But, to be fair to him,  he's not done too bad with numbers. His fight with Quinlan which would surely be his least popular fight (dictionary definition of not a PPV fight) somehow did 60k (and he took practically all of the purse) so they can justify it.

Wont be paying for it personally as refuse to put money in the little scrote's pocket. May try and find a steam if i am not busy.

Also can't see past a Eubank win after what I've seen from DeGale post Badou Jack, seems like he's had the fight knocked out of him and this could be his last fight. Undoubtedly the better fighter on his day though. 

• Like 1

On 07/01/2019 at 19:56, The Horse's Mouth said:

Joshua going to fight Miller, Christ he's such a poof 

I not seen that anywhere.

He will fight Miller eventually but you'd of thought with Wembley booked it will be Whyte next then Miller. Given up on Wilder happening anytime soon. 

Joshua's antics a little bit of an after thought for me at the minute, would like to see the Fury Wilder rematch finalised myself.

On 09/01/2019 at 14:54, Tinman said:

Think the Miller fight would be over there anyway.

Absloutly that's why you'd think with Wembley booked it wont be Miller, as a totally over hyped Bum  who is also American he's an absloutly perfect for Joshua to knock over on his US debut. 

On 09/01/2019 at 14:34, Manwell Pablo said:

I not seen that anywhere.

He will fight Miller eventually but you'd of thought with Wembley booked it will be Whyte next then Miller. Given up on Wilder happening anytime soon. 

Joshua's antics a little bit of an after thought for me at the minute, would like to see the Fury Wilder rematch finalised myself.

Do you think Wilder/Fury ll will go ahead ? The way l see it is Wilder & his team surely know he was soundly beaten by Fury ( Fury will only get better ) and will avoid him at all costs. I think he'll go back to easier pickings, which he's done throughout his career even if it means giving up his belt. 

18 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Do you think Wilder/Fury ll will go ahead ? The way l see it is Wilder & his team surely know he was soundly beaten by Fury ( Fury will only get better ) and will avoid him at all costs. I think he'll go back to easier pickings, which he's done throughout his career even if it means giving up his belt. 

It’ll happen I think, Wilder needs names to make money, he’s not in Joshua’s position where he can fight anyone and make 10 million. Plus he’s got a rep for not taking on a challenge and if he’s going to run his mouth and be taking seriously he can’t really duck this fight.

He will not give up that belt as if he does he won’t even make the bare seven figures per fight he does at the moment and he can kiss the biggest fight in the world money wise goodbye.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

WBC ordering a rematch for wilder and fury 

not sure how Fury will accept 60/40 in wilders favour being so public after he turned down a MUCH bigger 40/60 from Eddie 

Purse bids if they can’t make a deal ! The WBC is dreaming here 

Eddie Hearn has already said he is go in balls deep on that bid so frank and Shelly can’t allow it to get to bids but they also now have fighter who want and expect a 100m fight ! 

While all the time AJ sits waiting for the game to give him a player to play against 

the next 10 days in the heavy weight division are going to be very exciting 

I have an inkling that Fury or Wilder will fight AJ at Wembley , if they don’t then AJ will head to America to fight the Big fat Baby

Stay tuned 

10 hours ago, FilbertFrog said:

WBC ordering a rematch for wilder and fury 

not sure how Fury will accept 60/40 in wilders favour being so public after he turned down a MUCH bigger 40/60 from Eddie 

Purse bids if they can’t make a deal ! The WBC is dreaming here 

Eddie Hearn has already said he is go in balls deep on that bid so frank and Shelly can’t allow it to get to bids but they also now have fighter who want and expect a 100m fight ! 

While all the time AJ sits waiting for the game to give him a player to play against 

the next 10 days in the heavy weight division are going to be very exciting 

I have an inkling that Fury or Wilder will fight AJ at Wembley , if they don’t then AJ will head to America to fight the Big fat Baby

Stay tuned 

I dunno

Now it's been ordered nowhere for Wilder to run. They'll get it agreed for Las Vegas I reckon. Absloutley no way in goods green earth their gonna let it go to a purse bid.

Can't help but think this shows Wilder is more of the bottler than AJ given how "easy" Shelly and Frank made the negotiations out to be for the first fight. Things seem to be a little harder to agree now Wilder knows Tyson is more than capable of beating him and is far from done. 

I do have to say as governing bodies get a lot of stick. Fair play to the WBC for forcing this fight, brilliant bit of commissioning to cut through all the negotiation bollocks and get the fight made.

Manny needs to hang them up if he loses to that C**t Broner on Saturday, which I think he will.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

What is meant by 'purse bid'?

Any interested Promoter puts a bid in to promote the fight, highest bidder wins.

So Hearn could gatecrash the whole thing. Would be Haymon vs Hearn as Warren aint got anywhere near the clout to compete. But this is exactly why this wont happen. No one want Eddie getting his mits on this. He'd run the whole fight at a loss just to stick to the competition.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Any interested Promoter puts a bid in to promote the fight, highest bidder wins.

So Hearn could gatecrash the whole thing. Would be Haymon vs Hearn as Warren aint got anywhere near the clout to compete. But this is exactly why this wont happen. No one want Eddie getting his mits on this. He'd run the whole fight at a loss just to stick to the competition.

Cheers mate.

Why would a fight ever go to a purse bid though? Seems completely daft for both parties.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Cheers mate.

Why would a fight ever go to a purse bid though? Seems completely daft for both parties.

Just one of those things where two parties can't agree on a ordered mandatory fight. Mainly cross promotional fighters are fighting each other and both sets of promoters are intent on having the fight on their terms. tbh odd for a third party promoter to come in with a bid normally it's just between the those looking after the two fighters, obviously as one of the biggest fights in boxing this is a different matter.

Recent examples would be both Jarrel Miller and Dillian Whyte were ordered to fight Kulbrat Pulev in a final eliminator for Joshua's IBF belt last year and Hearn ended up going to purse bid with Pulev's Bulgarian promoter on both occasions and losing as they put up huge figures for such minor fights. Hearn obviously not liking to lose pulled both fighters from the contest and Pulev ended up fighting Hughie Fury and Whyte fought Parker instead.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Just one of those things where two parties can't agree on a ordered mandatory fight. Mainly cross promotional fighters are fighting each other and both sets of promoters are intent on having the fight on their terms. tbh odd for a third party promoter to come in with a bid normally it's just between the those looking after the two fighters, obviously as one of the biggest fights in boxing this is a different matter.

Recent examples would be both Jarrel Miller and Dillian Whyte were ordered to fight Kulbrat Pulev in a final eliminator for Joshua's IBF belt last year and Hearn ended up going to purse bid with Pulev's Bulgarian promoter on both occasions and losing as they put up huge figures for such minor fights. Hearn obviously not liking to lose pulled both fighters from the contest and Pulev ended up fighting Hughie Fury and Whyte fought Parker instead.

I would love it if Eddie won that purse bid

18 hours ago, FilbertFrog said:

54F6FAF8-1AAD-4949-81D2-AB64306F6849.jpeg

Yeah saw that last night, good fight that, Jacobs was unlucky against GGG, resident boxing guru Grewkes (god rest his soul) even had Jacobs winning by 13 rounds.

Whyte been given a piss poor offer to fight Joshya allegedly, less money than he made against Del Boy. You've got to be wondering why Hearn are Joshua are up to here if it's got to the stage where they are lowballing the likes of Dillian Whyte.

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Yeah saw that last night, good fight that, Jacobs was unlucky against GGG, resident boxing guru Grewkes (god rest his soul) even had Jacobs winning by 13 rounds.

Whyte been given a piss poor offer to fight Joshya allegedly, less money than he made against Del Boy. You've got to be wondering why Hearn are Joshua are up to here if it's got to the stage where they are lowballing the likes of Dillian Whyte.

Jacobs gets beat for me and handy enough 

decent lad but I have a feeling this will be a brawl 

I can’t work out Hearn he is still hoping fury or Wilder take the bait and take on AJ at Wembley , hut everyone I know in boxing tells me 100% he is going to Fight the Baby in America 

the next 14 days or so Could be the most mental period ever in HW boxing match making