Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

10 hours ago, FilbertFrog said:

Lomachenko vs. Crolla Ordered To Purse Bid on February 4 ! 

75/25 split for Loma 

Strange Eddie letting this happen , I can see BT and Frank trying to snaffle this one ! 

End of Crolla’s career this one infact could be a total distruction of his head ! 

Given lomachenko’s The jewel in Bob Arums crown these days I’m not surprised it’s gone to a purse bid at all. No way franks got the money to get involved here. Doubt he will bid.

pacquiao v broner, free on itv4 tonight (early morning) hoping i get back from work for it in time, think broner could win this tbf, he hasnt set the world alight in his last few fights, but pac man is well past his best, hope im wrong though, broner is a bit of a twat ?

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Given lomachenko’s The jewel in Bob Arums crown these days I’m not surprised it’s gone to a purse bid at all. No way franks got the money to get involved here. Doubt he will bid.

Frank has a 200m 5/7 year war chest from BT 

i hear BT want this fight 

Edited by FilbertFrog

23 minutes ago, FilbertFrog said:

Frank has a 200m 5/7 year war chest from BT 

i hear BT want this fight 

But as we know mate mate ignoring sky who have more clout than BT anyway, Eddie has a 1 billion dollar dollar  war chest from DAZN. If sticks on in the states he can use money from sky who will pick up the uk rights and DAZN in the US too bid. If he puts it on here sky commercially will do better from PPV buys than bt. They just have stronger brand image and advertising with casual boxing fans.

If if you are talking purely getting this fight on BT sport as opposed to hosted by bt sport, you’d imagine there best bet is to back Top Rank and get the uk rights to a US fight. The relationship between warren and arum is already there.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

9 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

But as we know mate mate ignoring sky who have more clout than BT anyway, Eddie has a 1 billion dollar dollar  war chest from DAZN. If sticks on in the states he can use money from sky who will pick up the uk rights and DAZN in the US too bid. If he puts it on here sky commercially will do better from PPV buys than bt. They just have stronger brand image and advertising with casual boxing fans.

If if you are talking purely getting this fight on BT sport as opposed to hosted by bt sport, you’d imagine there best bet is to back Top Rank and get the uk rights to a US fight. The relationship between warren and arum is already there.

Obviously I meant with Bob , but Crolla is a weak hand for PPV hits states wise 

Marcus Brown was impressive against Jack but that cut was horrible on Jack 

Edited by FilbertFrog

12 hours ago, FilbertFrog said:

Obviously I meant with Bob , but Crolla is a weak hand for PPV hits states wise 

Marcus Brown was impressive against Jack but that cut was horrible on Jack 

Itll only make ppv over here, I don’t think they’ve even had lomachenko on ppv over there yet, they’ll need a bigger name than Crolla to charge. Which is what could swing it Eddies way if he thinks he can do the numbers needed.

Brown nearly home and dry before the cut but yeah that’s one of the worst I’ve ever seen.

Broener just not busy enough, though Manny looked very good given his age.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

22 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Tbf to him, when he did land, his work was much cleaner than anything manny did. Just nowhere near enough of it.

True but he should of been far more  offensive from round, 6, after probally being way behind on the cards, wonder what his corner were saying to him, surely they were not as mad as him thinking he was winning the fight 

1 minute ago, lestajigs said:

True but he should of been far more  offensive from round, 6, after probally being way behind on the cards, wonder what his corner were saying to him, surely they were not as mad as him thinking he was winning the fight 

Well if they mad enough to think they won that fight, quite possibly ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/01/2019 at 14:34, Manwell Pablo said:

I not seen that anywhere.

He will fight Miller eventually but you'd of thought with Wembley booked it will be Whyte next then Miller. Given up on Wilder happening anytime soon. 

Joshua's antics a little bit of an after thought for me at the minute, would like to see the Fury Wilder rematch finalised myself.

Confirmed now, at MSG in June 

48 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Would've rather Joshua fought at least Ortiz.. Has Miller beat anyone to justify this fight? lol

It's smart though, isn't it?

Firstly, it sends him out against some big unbeaten unit that should test his chin a little. It'll build up his profile in the states, it'll also get him acclimatized and practiced in going abroad to fight. You probably don't want to go and fight Wilder for all your belts the very first time you leave the UK to have a major fight. Plus, end of the day, he should win.

His critics will bitch and moan that he isn't famous enough but as long as AJ does eventually end up fighting Fury, Wilder, etc, then personally I think Hearn and AJ's management deserve a pretty respectable nod really for pacing AJ's career's to near perfection.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Firstly, it sends him out against some big unbeaten unit that should test his chin a little. It'll build up his profile in the states, it'll also get him acclimatized and practiced in going abroad to fight. You probably don't want to go and fight Wilder for all your belts the very first time you leave the UK to have a major fight. Plus, end of the day, he should win.

His critics will bitch and moan that he isn't famous enough but as long as AJ does eventually end up fighting Fury, Wilder, etc, then personally I think Hearn and AJ's management deserve a pretty respectable nod really for pacing AJ's career's to near perfection.

Spot on

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Oh business wise it’s a reasonably sensible move and the obvious one, I’ve been saying for over a year when he goes to the US it’ll be miller in the opposite corner, there are plenty of examples on here. 

They will have to put a lot of work on the marketing though. Certainly not a fight that will sell itself even over here due to the middle of the night start.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Oh business wise it’s a reasonably sensible move and the obvious one, I’ve been saying for over a year when he goes to the US it’ll be miller in the opposite corner, there are plenty of examples on here. 

They will have to put a lot of work on the marketing though. Certainly not a fight that will sell itself even over here due to the middle of the night start.

This fight has purely been made from a business perspective. Its why Miller confronted AJ at the DAZN conference last year - it was all scripted to put in place a narrative for this fight. No doubt DAZN have put huge pressure on Hearn to bring the Heavyweight Champion of the world to the States to show on their network. Its why they lowballed Whyte and tried to place all the blame on him because they knew he was going to reject low offers. An AJ vs Whyte rematch will do huge PPV numbers in the UK and Whyte rightly wanted a fair cut of the deal.

As for the fight itself its a profile builder for both DAZN and AJ in the states, Miller is a bang average heavy weight with his only real strength being his weight, I can see AJ putting him away rounds 5-8, easy nights work. There is no way this fight will do much in terms of numbers on Sky.