Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

9 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

cant imagine he will be boxing again after seeing the vid he will be lucky to live

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/boxing/10106530/errol-spence-jr-car-crash-video/

Apparently not the case. He's awake, talking,  and don't ask me how but the worst injury has is a laceration to his face (he has somehow not even broken a single bone). He's expected to make a full recovery so we are probably just looking at a delay to the Garcia fight.

Very very lucky boy.

13 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Who is Usyk fighting?

lol he fought Chazz Witherspoon at the weekend and won by 7th round stoppage (it was a predictable boxing lesson/battering).

Last time I heard the WBO had green lighted him to fight the winner of Ruiz Joshua but whether he decides to take up that route remains to be seen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

Sounds as though the belts will be fragmented after Ruiz v Joshua 2, as of the Usyk & Pulev mandatories. Shame, but serves them right for never agreeing on Joshua v Wilder.

If Ruiz wins I can see it going that way yes.

Hearn has Usyk signed to Matchroom so I imagine he could be persuaded to step aside in order to get a go at three belts at a later date once Pulev's had his go.

Because If Joshua has to drop a belt he's fighting Pulev everyday of the week, and Usyk would be left with a vacant title fight, and if the rankings are used as they should be, Tyson Fury would be getting first refusal to be his opponent.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tinman said:

Patrick Day has died from the injuries he suffered on Saturday. RIP

Very very sad and shows the inherent risk to one’s life when boxing. I love my kid boxing but every time he enters the ring I have a pang of fear spring up inside. 
If anything happened to him, I know I’d not get over it.

Edited by Col city fan

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Very very sad and shows the inherent risk to one’s life when boxing. I love my kid boxing but every time he enters the ring I have a pang of fear spring up inside. 
If anything happened to him, I know I’d not get over it.

dehydration is usually the cause of these deaths , lads have left the body so dehydrated swelling on the brain becomes fatal , as long as he is fighting at his fighting weight the risk is no more than riding a bike in a bike race or the scrum in rugby 

30 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

dehydration is usually the cause of these deaths , lads have left the body so dehydrated swelling on the brain becomes fatal , as long as he is fighting at his fighting weight the risk is no more than riding a bike in a bike race or the scrum in rugby 

He’s had to shed a load of weight for this one. There’s a weigh in on the day before the fight. Worries me this one, just want it over with tbh

Gotta be honest, I've never seen a rugby scrum that was 36 minutes of someone trying to punch another player in the head. Where the winner is literally the guy that knocks out the other guy. 

There's definitely dangers in a scrum gone wrong (I assume most Leicester sports fans know Hambo's story) but there's a much greater concussion risk in the tackle area. 

There's been about one "high profile" (as far as I can remember, I can't think of any at the top level of the professional sport) death a year over the last decade or so and rugby is taking huge strides to tighten up on both the laws and awareness to eliminate concussion. 

I like boxing and if I had a kid that wanted to do it I wouldn't stop them but the idea it's safer than or even as safe as rugby is both silly and unhelpful. 

In modern rugby rules applied to boxing, most fights wouldn't get out of the first round as there'd be a HIA after the first punch to the head and nobody would survive a count. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

There was a programme (I think BBC 3 online only) about something similar (believe it was an MMA fighter losing more than 10% of his body weight for the weigh-in/fight). Very good watch for those who may not know too much about it (or those who haven't seen and do know about it). Let me find a link.

Here it is:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04t3x61

Edited by KrefelderFox666
Link added
  • Like 1