Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

So i don’t know if anyone has ever bust their ear drum but it’s a very dizzying experience ...

he also aluded to the fact it  in his post fight interview that it was HIM who went into the fight with a leg injury.

He’ll talk himself into the fact he can win a re-match.

He’ll forget the fact that Tyson was already totally dominating the fight before he perforated his ear drum.

I could not be more pleased for Tyson. What a story!!!

Edited by MPH

Tremendous performance from start to finish.

Owned the centre of the ring and was the physical boss in there. Complete contrast to the tap and run of the first fight. 

Lets hope the AJ fight can get made. Suspect Fury would be far too good if anything like last nights performance but its Heavyweight boxing and we'll all wanna see it. 

I see Wilder has a clause for a 3rd fight. I sincerely hope he doesn't take that up. If there was doubt first time around then this time there was none.

Just now, shanetko said:

Tremendous performance from start to finish.

Owned the centre of the ring and was the physical boss in there. Complete contrast to the tap and run of the first fight. 

Lets hope the AJ fight can get made. Suspect Fury would be far too good if anything like last nights performance but its Heavyweight boxing and we'll all wanna see it. 

I see Wilder has a clause for a 3rd fight. I sincerely hope he doesn't take that up. If there was doubt first time around then this time there was none.

There’s a little doubt from me, actually....

Not with  regards to Fury’s ability, that’s unquestionable now, but if What Wilder said is true that he was carrying a leg injury going into the fight... and well i have bust my eardrum before and it’s a horrible, dizzy, disorientating experience.... take those both away and you can’t take awake his punchers chance. I did think in the first couple of rounds he looked very flat footed.. so maybe he really was carrying an injury

Id still back Fury to win any further contest though...

1 minute ago, MPH said:

There’s a little doubt from me, actually....

Not with  regards to Fury’s ability, that’s unquestionable now, but if What Wilder said is true that he was carrying a leg injury going into the fight... and well i have bust my eardrum before and it’s a horrible, dizzy, disorientating experience.... take those both away and you can’t take awake his punchers chance. I did think in the first couple of rounds he looked very flat footed.. so maybe he really was carrying an injury

Id still back Fury to win any further contest though...

If he was injured the fight should not have happened. Get fed up of fighters taking the money then moaning after they lose that they were injured going in. Pacquiao did it after Mayweather fight and it left a bitter taste. Rather a fight be postponed for a month than there be excuses so if you go in injured keep your damn mouth shut as you've conned the public.

4 minutes ago, shanetko said:

If he was injured the fight should not have happened. Get fed up of fighters taking the money then moaning after they lose that they were injured going in. Pacquiao did it after Mayweather fight and it left a bitter taste. Rather a fight be postponed for a month than there be excuses so if you go in injured keep your damn mouth shut as you've conned the public.

Yeah me too. The best version of Wilder didn't stand a chance against Fury in that type of form anyway

36 minutes ago, shanetko said:

to be fair, he wasn’t moaning. 

8 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

AJ will be praying Wilder activates the 3rd fight and wins

he’ll take the third fight but i don’t think he has much chance of winning- a punchers chance only.  There’s nothing about boxing that Wilder is better at than Fury. he’s just stronger .

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, shanetko said:

forgot to add that  i think it would have been very costly to postpone the fight- a lot of money would have had to be refunded ( over $200 million to PPV viewers in the states alone) which i’m sure the boxers have to compensate the promoters/ PPV  somewhat should they pull out.

It just would have been too costly to postpone..

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

he’ll take the third fight but i don’t think he has much chance of winning- a punchers chance only.  There’s nothing about boxing that Wilder is better at than Fury. he’s just stronger .

I don't think so either. Like he say he's just superior in everything other than shot power and even that was decent last night

Brilliant performance. His speed was incredible given the weight gain.

I don't think Hearn will let him but so want to see Joshua in the ring with him.

Leading the " bronze bomber/gypsy king from England shot him down" song as well lol love boxing fans.

It will take Wilder a year to get over that mentally alone. If his team take his welfare seriously the trilogy definitely should NOT happen. Wilder has been spoon fed opponents to pad out his 'impressive' looking record. He has been soundly beaten ( twice in my opinion ) after stepping out of his comfort zone. Wilder knows he cannot beat Fury. He took a real beating & should consider retirement. He's 34 and a very rich man. 

• Like 1

GOOD MORNING FT 😛😛😛😛

shattered , midday flight to NY and then an hour wait for the the overnight with virgin  

still can’t believe last night, woke up this morning and realised 

Tyson Fury actually is the rightful owner of all 4 belts he never lost the 3 belts that Wankstain has , no one beat him for them ! One was robbed off him and two were taken because of mental illness.... he is by all reckoning already the unified heavy weight! 

I need to get out of my pit and get sorted just time for a few early sherbets and some lobster for breakfast 😍 

I’ll sleep the whole way home ! 

• Like 2

Tyson was absolutely punch perfect last night. He has to be the best heavyweight in the world. I wasn’t a fan of his but have changed my mind fully now I am a fan, 

If he hadn’t gone off the rails when he won the titles the first time you can only imagine how good he would have been. 

To go Germany and win and now America and win again shows how fearless he is massive respect to fury. Now go get the other belts 

I'm not sure Wilder is done though I don't think he should trigger the rematch. He showed an incredible amount of guts and mental toughness after that 3rd round, because he never recovered after that. Think he'll be back and still have some decent wins though.

As for Tyson, I'll be honest I was nervous and thought he'd have to slip inside and keep it at close range full stop to smother Wilder and prevent him from getting any extension on that right hand to win a points decision or possible late stoppage. But no, he did what the heck he wanted in there! Range control, closing the distance when he wanted, dropping an insane amount of feints and... He was the puncher in the fight!! Just an unbelievable dynamic performance from Fury, easily the most emphatic display from a Brit in a world heavyweight title fight overseas that we've ever seen.

By the way, I've always felt Tyson could punch when he wanted to, but he's such a chameleon that he just seems to be able to tailor his style to suit the opponent and rarely needs to sit down on his punches. But wow, when he faced the biggest puncher a second time - possibly of all time though I'm still thinking Big George might have that mantle - it's almost as if he set himself the challenge of being able to punch with the bogeyman and come off best and he did it, albeit in a very educated way!

As a sidenote, I wonder if the post-fight interviewer thought about asking Wilder to yell "Bombsquad!!!" for old times sake?! In all seriousness though, hope Wilder does recover from that. Think it will only increase Fury's achievement in beating him if he comes back to be a force again.

Edited by Kendal Fox