Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Wilder always has his lucky right hand 

but psychologically he is destroyed now 

his excuses show the bully mentality that surfed him to his record is now broken like all bullies once they get a licking they are never the same 

in 19 rounds of boxing against Tyson I gave wilder 3 , many experts gave him 2-4 Rounds, he has been schooled by Tyson once and battered by Tyson once ! But he did knock Tyson over twice and that’s the risk he carries 

In the 3rd fight Wilder will return to 14 stone something and hope Speed and power will catch Tyson , but I suspect Tyson will once again come out and put in on him with a strong Jab and clubbing combinations and put it on him again. 

I think it’s a good way to finish Wilders career 

The ability to make someone fear you is the most dangerous weapon a man can have , Wilder is now scared of Fury 

Edited by LinekersLugs

14 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Tbf it isn't the end of the world. Not like AJ will lose to Pulev and Fury will probably win round three. 

My only worry is that Fury will go off the rails again before he gets to fight Joshua ...   the longer we leave it the more chance there is of something like that happening.  And of course there is the small matter of one of them losing !     This is the only real fight I (and half the planet) want to see now so the sooner we bring it on the better.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

My only worry is that Fury will go off the rails again before he gets to fight Joshua ...   the longer we leave it the more chance there is of something like that happening.  And of course there is the small matter of one of them losing !     This is the only real fight I (and half the planet) want to see now so the sooner we bring it on the better.

The concern I have with Fury is his hunger. He is great when he has a point to prove. If he fights Wilder again or goes straight to AJ he will probably be OK. However, after that, I cannot see him defending his title for so long like the likes of Klitschko, Lewis, Tyson and so on. That is the sign of a true champion.

Maybe Fury doesn't want that, maybe he wants to see what he can do when he gives it his full focus but is actually not concerned about being a Greatest Of All Time. This is only the second time he has been a world champion, we know what happened the first and I doubt that will be repeated, but does he have the hunger to carry on.

1 hour ago, Lionheart10 said:

I reckon if Fury could fight Joshua next (get through all the red tape/promotor & tv rights issues that surrounds these fights now) and beats him to unify all belts he would retire.

He'd give him two fights.

If he won both convincingly it'd be a serious option, nothing left to do or prove. But some people just like boxing and he's got a good few years left before he starts to struggle with age.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

I reckon Fury fights Joshua twice. And l can see Klitschko being tempted by a huge offer/or Whyte, then he retires. Wilder can't happen again surely. Although it wouldn't surprise me if Tyson walked away altogether tomorrow. I think I've covered all bases there !! 

34 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Some cracking bouts for Tyson (Easy bouts) 

Uysk

Whyte 

winner of Joyce/Dubois 

AJ is just the next step to immortality 

he won’t retire , he will mix it up MMA and WWE with Boxing for next 4/5 years 

Nah he’s a boxing man and he was a ****ing shite professional wrestler, if he faces another layoff then maybe to fill the time.

I will be shocked to see a strict boxer do well in MMA at all, ever, and he’d be nuts to attempt it. Unless they stick him in with a complete walkover.

If he gets two wins over Joshua he’s going to look at it, Usyk or Whyte would have to be worth his while and he’d probably have to sign with Edward, and Dubois is a funny dynamic. 

Also noteworthy that this man has been through and continues to go through a lot mentally and physically, I’d not imagine a hugely drawn out career is something he’s looking at, will be out by 36 at the absolute latest for me.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Could it be possible that Wilder activates  the clause and then takes a pay off to step aside?

He could just step aside but then he would miss out on a pay off.

It could be that he needs an easy fight or two anyway to build his confidence back up.... but that could dramatically backfire as his weakness has been exposed now - fighting on the back foot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MPH said:

Could it be possible that Wilder activates  the clause and then takes a pay off to step aside?

He could just step aside but then he would miss out on a pay off.

It could be that he needs an easy fight or two anyway to build his confidence back up.... but that could dramatically backfire as his weakness has been exposed now - fighting on the back foot.

I’m not sure any side step cash will satisfy his ego 

he will fight 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

he will fight 

This,

Got enough money in the bank now, step aside cash will be nothing compared to the revenue a third fight would generate, and he is deluded and egotistical enough to think he's got a good chance of winning. 

6 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

This,

Got enough money in the bank now, step aside cash will be nothing compared to the revenue a third fight would generate, and he is deluded and egotistical enough to think he's got a good chance of winning. 

This maybe true but would a 3rd fight sell ? PPV would see a huge decline. 

6 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

he will fight 

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

This,

i think he might want to take a fight or two practicing fighting on the back foot  against lesser opponents before  taking on Fury again. he’ll want the third fight.  just not yet. 

1 minute ago, STEVIE B said:

It'd struggle to match this fight yes, but lets remember, early reports are putting this at one of the best selling PPV's of all time. It'd still be a very noteworthy PPV, Even if half the audience went, they'd still make twice as much as pretty much any other fight bar Joshua. They've also got the rare luxury of being able to charge on both sides of the Atlantic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It'd struggle to match this fight yes, but lets remember, early reports are putting this at one of the best selling PPV's of all time. It'd still be a very noteworthy PPV, Even if half the audience went, they'd still make twice as much as pretty much any other fight bar Joshua. They've also got the rare luxury of being able to charge on both sides of the Atlantic. 

He’s bound to take it ...  even if the purse is less.  A big wedge of dollar, the chance to get revenge (and let’s not forget he is always going to be in with a chance) ...  and if he gets his belts back he could fight AJ and after that retire.   

37 minutes ago, MPH said:

i think he might want to take a fight or two practicing fighting on the back foot  against lesser opponents before  taking on Fury again. he’ll want the third fight.  just not yet. 

It's an immediate clause I believe so if he doesn't take it now Fury, who in his mind has already beaten him twice and would rather chase others, has no obligation to fight him what so ever unless he gets a WBC mandatory.

8 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It's an immediate clause I believe so if he doesn't take it now Fury, who in his mind has already beaten him twice and would rather chase others, has no obligation to fight him what so ever unless he gets a WBC mandatory.

yes i get that. what i’m saying is that if he activates the clause, he is obligated to fight again.. Tyson could offer him money to stand aside and a new contract could be signed in which Tyson MUST fight him after the Joshua fight..

That would be in Wilders best interests anyway as he would then have a shot at being the unified champ 

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

yes i get that. what i’m saying is that if he activates the clause, he is obligated to fight again.. Tyson could offer him money to stand aside and a new contract could be signed in which Tyson MUST fight him after the Joshua fight..

That would be in Wilders best interests anyway as he would then have a shot at being the unified champ 

Well that's a gamble on Joshua not winning isn't it. Can't see why Fury would do that either, pretty sure he's stance will be sign the immediate deal or get out of my way. He doesn't need him anymore, tons of good fights out there for him.