Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

On 24/02/2020 at 19:11, Swan Lesta said:

Has he come out and said that now? Quite surprised to be honest - it'll be a payday but I can't see him actually winning third time lucky...

I think that the third match might actually be dangerous for Fury.  He seems to me someone who needs a challenge, an occasion to rise to.  It was after Klitschko, when he should have been top of the world that he had his breakdown.  

He is unpredictable.  Will he put the same intensity into training for a man he has beaten up twice?  Wilder still has that murderous right hand.

3 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Tut tut LL, I like her for her inner beauty, I can see from her picture, she is a sensitive soul

She’s as bigger dick head as he is 👀

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxing/1246303/Boxing-fans-taunt-Deontay-Wilder-fiancee-Telli-Swift-Tyson-Fury

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I’d of thought Wilder will just be looking for a payout. Doubt the 3rd fight will happen tbh.

I reckon he'll take it, he's got nowhere else to go. His promotional company are shut out from both Champions and he'd have to rebuild and get in line for a mandatory, fighting fights with a fraction of the pay out of the Fury "rubber" match if you can call it that.

Plus he's getting on now, 35 this year, he's probably only going to get one or two goes at starting again anyway so may as well try and reclaim the belt before going down that route.

If he doesn't take it, he's bricked it properly. As it's his single best option if he thinks he's got any chance of winning.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I reckon he'll take it, he's got nowhere else to go. His promotional company are shut out from both Champions and he'd have to rebuild and get in line for a mandatory, fighting fights with a fraction of the pay out of the Fury "rubber" match if you can call it that.

Plus he's getting on now, 35 this year, he's probably only going to get one or two goes at starting again anyway so may as well try and reclaim the belt before going down that route.

If he doesn't take it, he's bricked it properly. As it's his single best option if he thinks he's got any chance of winning.

Do you think he thinks he's got any chance? He looked completely shell shocked from the first bell when Tyson sprinted over to him. He's have to pray that he connects with the biggest shot of his career and that Fury stays down

Edited by foxfanazer

13 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Do you think he thinks he's got any chance? He looked completely shell shocked from the first bell when Tyson sprinted over to him. He's have to pray that he connects with the biggest shot of his career and that Fury stays down

I think one thing you probably have to believe is that he likely underestimated Fury. 

Joshua Ruiz 2 showed the difference in preparation when a fighter realises they can really be hurt by their opponent. 

I'm not suggesting Ruiz is in the same class as Wilder or Fury and I'd agree with the majority consensus that Fury would be favourite in part 3 but it's also naive to suddenly view Wilder as a useless chump because he lost a fight. 

He's still an incredibly dangerous fighter, he's now seen Fury's best and he's still got incredible stopping power. He'll always be a dangerous opponent. 

• Like 2

I don't want to see a third fight, but from Wilder's point of view - he has to take it. 

It'll be another massive pay day and he's always got a puncher's chance of winning his belt back. Fury absolutely outclassed him and plainly beat him up, but as long as Wilder is on his feet, he's got a chance to land that right hand. 

As Manwell says, he'll be almost 35 by his next fight and won't want to be fighting eliminators that aren't worthy of being on PPV. Joshua could rematch Gary Cornish and people would pay £20. Wilder doesn't have that pull in the U.S. and needs to fighting top guys for the big bucks.

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Any chance. well yes he just needs to hit Fury hard which would still be possible. The one sided nature of the fight is similar to Ruiz Joshua as well, the fight's practically over after the first knock down the bloke getting beat up for the next four rounds was not really a competent Deontay Wilder. 

Do I think he  will win, no, and no one will back him in the third fight. I think it's been established that if a top level boxer wants to stick it  on him and put him on the back foot he doesn't like it and Fury will surely just go out and do the same again. Wilder doesn't have the tools to make any adjustments to his game plan as he is what he is, so hard to see him winning.

But whether I think he can or not is irrelevant as Wilder has proven on numerous occasions he is a deluded fool and probably actually believes the garbage excuses he is spewing out. And he's the one making the call.

News of an offer being prepared for step aside money, we will see now, the kind of bloke he is I can see Wilder insisting on the rematch.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I think one thing you probably have to believe is that he likely underestimated Fury. 

Joshua Ruiz 2 showed the difference in preparation when a fighter realises they can really be hurt by their opponent. 

I'm not suggesting Ruiz is in the same class as Wilder or Fury and I'd agree with the majority consensus that Fury would be favourite in part 3 but it's also naive to suddenly view Wilder as a useless chump because he lost a fight. 

He's still an incredibly dangerous fighter, he's now seen Fury's best and he's still got incredible stopping power. He'll always be a dangerous opponent. 

He's been outclassed in both fights though hasn't he. As Fury said as well, he was nowhere near the man he was in the first fight compared to now.

Can't see Wilder having any chance unless Fury loses concentration or motivation, which I can't see happening till he's faced AJ for all the belts.

He'll always have a chance due to his power, but I don't see how he will improve to the point where he has anymore than a punchers chance.

4 minutes ago, shanetko said:

Hearn should pay Wilder step aside money

AJ v Fury for all the belts

Wilder v Whyte

winner v winner for all the belts

loser v loser 

Mandatory fights to sort though.

I think I’m paper, those are the four best heavyweights. 

What are the thoughts on Kownacki? I’ve not seen much of him.

49 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Thought the third fight was defo on and all sorted ? ...    am I missing something here ??

It is so long as Wilder activates his rematch clause, and he can decide not to off his own bat or accept a  pay off from Top Rank to step aside and allow the unification fight with Joshua, which would then involve Pulev getting paid off by Matchroom  in turn for giving his mandatory with Joshua  up should the IBF agree. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

11 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It is so long as Wilder activates his rematch clause, and he can decide not to off his own bat or accept a  pay off from Top Rank to step aside and allow the unification fight with Joshua, which would then involve Pulev getting paid off by Matchroom  in turn for giving his mandatory with Joshua  up should the IBF agree. 

Sure I read he wanted the final fight and activated the clause ..   doh !!!