Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

18 hours ago, Kendal Fox said:

For Pabs - This is the Hughie Fury I was meaning - 

Isn’t it mad how much better he comes across compared to Shane. I’m honestly baffled Shane doesn’t get more stick you know. The bits he was saying about Davison on the ITV documentary were a bit odd, and the interview above with Hughie completely contradicts the points he was making. Those 12 rounds against Otto were exactly what he needed to get to where he is now. 

Like a few here, I didn't think much of the younger Tyson, but having overcome crippling depression and beaten Wilder twice (cheated out of it first time) I really like him. Looks like he's found God and matured alot. Has a crazy fan base too, he could fill arenas all over the world just like Ali. 

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'm not entirely sure I'd call him likable but I do think there's a big difference between Tyson Fury the bloke and Tyson Fury "The Gypsy King.  The latter is a stage act and is a complete muppet. 

When you actually sit him down and he's just talking about boxing as a sport he comes across really well as a decent guy that absolutely loves the sport and is incredibly knowledgeable on it. 

Never said a single thing me or all of his community/people wouldn’t agree in full or part with 

like all greats he ruffles feathers , he isn’t PC and says what he wants to say 

only change is he has learned to understand that the WOKE world we live in can’t hack his honest views and there is no freedom of speech or thought Anymore so he has developed a stop valve 

history will show him to be one of the great sports thinkers of our times

30 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Never said a single thing me or all of his community/people wouldn’t agree in full or part with 

like all greats he ruffles feathers , he isn’t PC and says what he wants to say 

only change is he has learned to understand that the WOKE world we live in can’t hack his honest views and there is no freedom of speech or thought Anymore so he has developed a stop valve 

history will show him to be one of the great sports thinkers of our times

Right.

You've been drinking again.

You're last two statements are utter bollocks, especially in relation to his 'honest views' - he's an ignorant man who rose to fame, not having or rejecting a media team around him (which yes he has now) so the wider media built him up, then crucified him with little sympathy until he rocked up as a suicidal alcoholic - now we all love him again because he's fought back to fitness. He's shut his mouth a bit, got smarter and got better people around him (on a number of levels) - as for 'history showing him to be one of the greats sports thinkers of our times' - he puts on a good show but lets not call his 'honest views' genius - lets call them what they are and ensure he takes responsibility for them. Let's not confuse his incredible boxing talent with endorsement of whatever shite falls out of his mouth when his press team aren't around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Knowing Fury, he'll come to the ring on a camel in Saudi, wearing a keffiyeh and thawb, shouting the Takbir and waving a sword. 

he could just re-tell everyone out there that he hates gay people and women and they'd worship him regardless 

Edited by ScouseFox
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I get all the AJ v Fury hype but surely Dillian Whyte needs to be given his shot at some stage? He'd give either of them a good fight IMO

I really don't understand the Whyte hype. 

AJ made him look really average and he's beaten up a few chumps since. 

Chisora is a joke, Wach is about a hundred years old and was the most boring fight ever, he didn't pull up any trees against Parker. 

I genuinely don't get it. I've never claimed to be any kind of boxing expert, maybe there's some subtleties to Whyte's talent I don't get but to me he just looks like a fat lad that KO'd his way through a bunch of dossers and then slowed down considerably when he started facing household names. 

26 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I get all the AJ v Fury hype but surely Dillian Whyte needs to be given his shot at some stage? He'd give either of them a good fight IMO

And Dill would be the first to tell you that too lol I’d like to see both AJ and Fury fight Whyte separately for different reasons to be honest. 

Isn’t Pulev still mandatory for Joshua at the minute though or has that ship sailed? 

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I really don't understand the Whyte hype. 

AJ made him look really average and he's beaten up a few chumps since. 

Chisora is a joke, Wach is about a hundred years old and was the most boring fight ever, he didn't pull up any trees against Parker. 

I genuinely don't get it. I've never claimed to be any kind of boxing expert, maybe there's some subtleties to Whyte's talent I don't get but to me he just looks like a fat lad that KO'd his way through a bunch of dossers and then slowed down considerably when he started facing household names. 

I don't claim to be an expert either but from what little I do know, I think Whyte has improved massively over the last 18 -24 months. I sense he's taking it more seriously now, training harder and has sorted his head out a bit. The fact he's been #1 WBC contender for 700 odd days or something suggests he must be doing something right. Can't fault his cahoonies though, he seems the type that won't duck anyone. Just seems to have been treated a bit unfairly IMO.

I'm sure Pabs or Gaelic will come along in a minute and put me right though :thumbup:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Manini said:

And Dill would be the first to tell you that too lol I’d like to see both AJ and Fury fight Whyte separately for different reasons to be honest. 

Isn’t Pulev still mandatory for Joshua at the minute though or has that ship sailed? 

I thought so but mandatory seems to mean shit these days. Whyte has been WBC mandatory for ages but keeps missing out for whatever reason. I can only assume it's money/politics related. 

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Right.

You've been drinking again.

You're last two statements are utter bollocks, especially in relation to his 'honest views' - he's an ignorant man who rose to fame, not having or rejecting a media team around him (which yes he has now) so the wider media built him up, then crucified him with little sympathy until he rocked up as a suicidal alcoholic - now we all love him again because he's fought back to fitness. He's shut his mouth a bit, got smarter and got better people around him (on a number of levels) - as for 'history showing him to be one of the greats sports thinkers of our times' - he puts on a good show but lets not call his 'honest views' genius - lets call them what they are and ensure he takes responsibility for them. Let's not confuse his incredible boxing talent with endorsement of whatever shite falls out of his mouth when his press team aren't around.

Nothing ignorant about him at all, he actually is a very well read man, for a traveller he is a big believer in Education and having dreams... he has also turned his god given talent into an industry. he has human failings it’s why people love him, he knows his audience now and we love him for that. 

personally I would have quite similar views on most things he has said As would nearly all my friends and family. 

the Woke BBC and Daily Mail facist rag gave him a sharp lesson in being selective with airing your views. 

As I read that post your unconscious/conscious bias/prejudices shine strong , but that’s your issue not mine or Fury’s.

like Cassius Clay Tyson is something that boxing talent fails to define completely, we are witnessing the birth of an Icon and he is only starting on this journey  

50 years ago similar prejudices would have led to similar views of Ali 

it’s a cycle really,  but it won’t bother me or Mr Fury 

38 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I thought so but mandatory seems to mean shit these days. Whyte has been WBC mandatory for ages but keeps missing out for whatever reason. I can only assume it's money/politics related. 

Pulev is easy to sort ! Look at who his promoter is , side step cash and away we go for a unification wonderland 

not happening but Wilder is taking the rematch 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Nothing ignorant about him at all, he actually is a very well read man, for a traveller he is a big believer in Education and having dreams... he has also turned his god given talent into an industry. he has human failings it’s why people love him, he knows his audience now and we love him for that. 

personally I would have quite similar views on most things he has said As would nearly all my friends and family. 

the Woke BBC and Daily Mail facist rag gave him a sharp lesson in being selective with airing your views. 

As I read that post your unconscious/conscious bias/prejudices shine strong , but that’s your issue not mine or Fury’s.

like Cassius Clay Tyson is something that boxing talent fails to define completely, we are witnessing the birth of an Icon and he is only starting on this journey  

50 years ago similar prejudices would have led to similar views of Ali 

it’s a cycle really,  but it won’t bother me or Mr Fury 

I've got loads of great things to say about Tyson Fury - he's probably the best heavyweight on the planet on current form. He's battled through mental health issues and his strength of character is truly remarkable as has been his generosity and phenomenal charity work. he's an inspirational example of what hard work and mental strength can achieve. The modern greats also now are entertainers with fights to sell which Fury does well at too. He's a lovable character. Uncompromising men are after all, often the easiest to admire. That said, he was naive to consider that his views on women and homosexuality were not going to be demonised - because they were ignorant. 

I've boxed myself for some years - I love the sport and it will probably always be that the individuals that rise to the top are not perfect - none of us are. Ali wasn't, nor Iron Mike - the list is endless and full of cultural stereotype conformity etc.... but whilst I'll endorse and support their talent, attempting to suggest that his views on some things are honest and that he's made subject to a world where there is no 'freedom of thought' or 'free speech' is bollocks and if you wish to paint me as having prejudice or unconscious bias then that's a bit laughable. Think and say whatever you want but if others find your views abhorrent and pretty much archaic... expect to be called out on it - especially if you have the worlds media at your door.

• Like 4