Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ACF

Extra Terrestrial Life

I went to Area 51 on Saturday...very interesting (the tour guide, not Area 51).

I'm crap at remembering shit but......

The guide, Rick, told us about when he was camping at A51and this bloke called Alex Reid/Read joined his camp (I can't remember which decade though..50's/60's??)

Alex made a rocket which was quite advanced and was approached by the government. They gave him some co-ordinates and told him to land one of his rockets there which he did. The Gov. were impressed and then took him to A51 and showed him something that they had found. The ship/engine was similar to what he had built and he understood most of it. He went back to finish college and then went to work for the Gov. in A51 when he finished. Before he left A51, Alex made a secret video of some of A51.

When the guide, Rick, went to work for the tour company, they gave him a load of stuff to look for his tours, including the video. Rick said he recognised Alex in the video from camping, but he used to have another name (i've bloody forgotten it!). Anyway, the video is on the internet in 3 or 4 parts. I'll put up a link when I either remember what it's called or I'll ask when my wife wakes up.

On a sort of side note, the Area 51 tours are pretty pointless if you think you will see anything. The only things you see are two warning signs on the perimeter (no fences though) and the "Men In Black", although that's not strictly true. You see their 4x4, not them (the guards). The weird thing is that their truck is facing away and when you approach (from several miles away) they turn it around to face you. I took quite a few pictures of their 4x4 with my 200mm lens, but on my camera, couldn't see the guards (I'll look properly on my computer when I get back home). When you leave, they turn it back around again.

The tours are good for the conspiracy theorists amongst us, they make you think at least! Oh, one last thing. That Alien Inn (in the movie, Paul) is a fcuking dump considering how much money they make!! They are quite mean with the food as well!!!

**Edit**

Just remembered that Alex Reid/Read went uni with Steven Hawking.

:D Funnily enough I recently had to watch all episodes of that (the Mrs likes it) and the only fact I know about the programme is that blondie makes her first appearance in Series Three Episode One! Lovely hair.

• 8 months later...

Gravity is a theory. But we know its there. I do not find evolution hard to believe at all. DNA research has shown that animal and plant species are grouped into families and in some way all related. When in early stages organisms developed different to suit the surroundings. Some animals had eyes for night vision others had speed.

Whether there is life on other planets probably depends whether other planets saw similar chain of unusual events happen. Life on earth is mainly carbon based, maybe on other planets life consists of other elements. I doubt it would be like ours.

Saw a program where a fluescent gene was injected into a mouse. This shows how things could have been mixed up at the start.

Gravity is not theory, it's a fact. :unsure:

It is a theory. A scientific theory is not the same as a normal theory, it's a hypothesis that has been rigorously tested for accuracy and verified as being correct (as far as we can tell at the time).

• 10 months later...
The meteorite that crashed to Earth in the Urals was attacked by a UFO causing it to explode and shatter, it was claimed on Thursday.The theory comes from Russian watchers of unidentified flying objects and echoes a version that first appeared on the day the space rock fell on Chelyabinsk region. Early speculation suggested the meteorite had been shot at by a Russian missile, but no such claim has been made by the authorities.

http://siberiantimes.com/weird-and-wonderful/news-and-features/news/so-did-a-ufo-shoot-down-the-famous-chelyabinsk-meteorite-last-month/

I would say it would be possible - in space it'd be impossible, there's no resistance in a vacuum to slow it down, but once it hit's the atmosphere, it's got to contend with the atmosphere. The speed they'll be travelling at through space, combined with the gravitational pull that affects on all of them will mean it'd be a minute change. but the aerodynamic qualities of different fragments would change the velocities ever so slightly.

Many years ago I was into the theory that ET's were living at the North Pole then I grew up. It's a wonderful idea but sadly it is just another fairy tale and unless there are creatures out in space thousands of light years away that evolved by chance like us and have found a way to travel faster than light or travel for hundreds of years in spaceships we will not see any.

Many years ago I was into the theory that ET's were living at the North Pole then I grew up. It's a wonderful idea but sadly it is just another fairy tale and unless there are creatures out in space thousands of light years away that evolved by chance like us and have found a way to travel faster than light or travel for hundreds of years in spaceships we will not see any.

As we say in Klingon "bIjatlh 'e' yImev DenIb Qatlh!"

The Drake equation stipulates that simple chance means there are millions of potentially habitable planets out there.

It doesn't however say that they will have intelligent, communicable life on them, just that they would be amenable to humans or humanoids living there.

And for a pretty comprehensive view on the whole thing, you want to look up the Fermi Paradox:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox

Any one of these could be right, or none.

Personally, I'm a big fan of the 'Zoo Hypothesis'. Keep quiet until they get into interstellar space, then introduce yourselves. ;)

Archived