Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Andros Townsend

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Tottenham-winger-Andros-Townsend-wanted-on-loan-Nottingham-Forest-also-target-Leicester-Millwall-article784156.html

Steve McClaren has launched a bid to sign Spurs winger Andros Townsend on loan.

Forest boss McClaren wants to agree a deal for the England Under-21 international, ahead of Championship rivals Leicester and Millwall.

Townsend, 20, impressed on loan at Millwall last season and McClaren has stepped up his bid after winger Wesley Verhoek’s £2million move from ADO Den Haag collapsed earlier this week.

McClaren is keen to bring in at least three more players before the transfer window closes.

Thought I'd comment on Andros as well since I commented on Robbie.

This kid has massive potential. He has lethal pace and can play either wing (preferably down the right). He went out on loan last season to Ipswich where Keane didnt play him to his strengths, then to Watford for only a month which wasnt the best move for him, and then to Millwall where he really flourished. I think if he goes to the right club, and is played to his strengths then the club will get the best out of him. He likes to cut in onto his left foot from the right wing but can play down the left side too. His end ball needs improving but his pace is fantastic and he has a good shot on him as well. If you're in need of a winger he would definitely be a good option to go for since there would be no fee involved for his loan.

I heard Forrest were trying to get him on loan as well. We have a ton of games this season and I think we might keep ahold of him if we sell Niko & David Bentley. If we keep Niko which its looking like we will then I could see Andros going out on loan. I'll come back and check in as the window draws closer to an end.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Tottenham-winger-Andros-Townsend-wanted-on-loan-Nottingham-Forest-also-target-Leicester-Millwall-article784156.html

Steve McClaren has launched a bid to sign Spurs winger Andros Townsend on loan.

If tottenham turn are loan bid down why would he go to Nottingham forest !!

Forest boss McClaren wants to agree a deal for the England Under-21 international, ahead of Championship rivals Leicester and Millwall.

Townsend, 20, impressed on loan at Millwall last season and McClaren has stepped up his bid after winger Wesley Verhoek’s £2million move from ADO Den Haag collapsed earlier this week.

McClaren is keen to bring in at least three more players before the transfer window closes.

He's got potential, but I don't think he'll get into the starting eleven very much. Staying with the midfield, I wonder what will Sven do with Moussa? I have a feeling he'll go out on loan again. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived