Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Paul Konchesky

:frusty:

Up until the penalty, we were quality and not a single player on that pitch put a bad performance in including Konchesky.

He supported attacks well and defended stoutly until towards the end when he began to get a bit tired and we were down to 10 men.

I am a fan of the Konch.

We started creaking quite a bit before the penalty, and this was largely due to Konchesky/left side of defense. Granted we didn't do ourselves any favours by inviting them, but they found a way through against him time and again. They completely gave up going down Pantsil's side as he had his man in the pocket nearly all game, which makes it quite ironic that the equalizer came from his side.

I think Konchesky will be an asset for us, but he didn't have that great a game today IMO.

Absolute quality today when he came out for the second half some of the forest gumps started winding it into him, He just stood there and showed them 2-0 with his hands and they looked mortified. Shut them right up, Class act :scarf:

Guest MattP

He isnt a pub player, granted he appears to be a player we have overpayed for again but "pub player" is insulting to a man who has played in a UEFA cup final.

He isnt a pub player, granted he appears to be a player we have overpayed for again but "pub player" is insulting to a man who has played in a UEFA cup final.

we paid £1.5m for him that's a bargain

Guest MattP

we paid £1.5m for him that's a bargain

I'll judge that at the end of season.

He's 30+ and was loaned out to the championship last year, you cant value him at too much more than that.

Didn't have a bad game at all. All of our starters were good today.

I'm quite amazed at how wildly the opinions on his performance vary today. He looked good/untroubled for the whole first hour, but the last 30 minutes were painful to watch. He was outwitted, outmuscled, outpaced to the point where Forest had shifted the entire focus of their play onto his flank. For their peno, two Forest players ran into the space behind him as he was dangerously pushing up to half way line and not getting the ball or tackling it into touch. A catalogue of errors/bad luck ensued: Why was Danns not covering? Wellens tracks back and fouls their player, who wasn't even the ball carrier and then the Mills handball. Symptomatically, even though he was arguably fouled, he was at the heart again for their equalizer.

I'm quite amazed at how wildly the opinions on his performance vary today. He looked good/untroubled for the whole first hour, but the last 30 minutes were painful to watch. He was outwitted, outmuscled, outpaced to the point where Forest had shifted the entire focus of their play onto his flank. For their peno, two Forest players ran into the space behind him as he was dangerously pushing up to half way line and not getting the ball or tackling it into touch. A catalogue of errors/bad luck ensued: Why was Danns not covering? Wellens tracks back and fouls their player, who wasn't even the ball carrier and then the Mills handball. Symptomatically, even though he was arguably fouled, he was at the heart again for their equalizer.

Hmm. I appreciate your point but actually having been at the game and seen his performance live - not on a stream - he did as much as could have been expected from him in my opinion. With such a narrow midfield he's always going to get exposed when the opposition stretch the game, and I think Danns has to take as much of the blame as Konchesky for this today seeing as he was playing on that side of our midfield - as you've alluded to.

If we were playing a 4-4-2, Konchesky would look quality at this level. We can't play a high-tempo, full-on-pressure game and expect the full-backs to bomb-on without ever being caught out of position. It simply does not happen, regardless of what level the team is at.

Hmm. I appreciate your point but actually having been at the game and seen his performance live - not on a stream - he did as much as could have been expected from him in my opinion. With such a narrow midfield he's always going to get exposed when the opposition stretch the game, and I think Danns has to take as much of the blame as Konchesky for this today seeing as he was playing on that side of our midfield - as you've alluded to.

If we were playing a 4-4-2, Konchesky would look quality at this level. We can't play a high-tempo, full-on-pressure game and expect the full-backs to bomb-on without ever being caught out of position. It simply does not happen, regardless of what level the team is at.

I wasn't complaining that Konchesky wasn't bombing forward. We sat back for most of the second half, especially after the hour mark, and he just looked weak defensively, unlike Pantsil who was strong and decisive in his defensive actions. I know it's not quite fair singling out Konchesky today, as it wasn't his fault we retreated as much as we did, or even that his teammates couldn't offer the needed support when Forest kept probing, but his mistakes were apparent today. I believe he'll be good for us though in the course of the season :thumbup:

We had 10 men by this stage. Do people expect him to get a new burst of energy for the last half hour?

Fvckwits the lot of ya.

Had a decent game under crap circumstances and will improve.

Short memory fella. Forest were already knocking on his door about ten minutes prior to the penalty/sending off. No need for the insults either.

Archived