Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

Here comes the moan in

8 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Yeah, the Two Mikes are arses- I genuinely have no idea what they are banging on about half of the time.

The funniest thing Mike Parry has ever done is the cinnamon challenge- if you haven't seen it, give it a watch.

Andy Goldstein (still uses 'MBE' in his Twitter handle after beating Steve Davis at pool once - and therefore taking all his titles, apparently) and Jason Cundy.

Absolute pair of reprobates.

4 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Andy Goldstein (still uses 'MBE' in his Twitter handle after beating Steve Davis at pool once - and therefore taking all his titles, apparently) and Jason Cundy.

Absolute pair of reprobates.

Yeah Goldstein is the worst of the bunch, talks absolute drivel relentlessly.

Alan Brazil and Max Rushden are good, I can quite happily listen to them. Colin Murray's show was also pretty good before he left.

I can tolerate Adrian Durham when he's not in full wind-up mode.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Yeah Goldstein is the worst of the bunch, talks absolute drivel relentlessly.

Alan Brazil and Max Rushden are good, I can quite happily listen to them. Colin Murray's show was also pretty good before he left.

I can tolerate Adrian Durham when he's not in full wind-up mode.

I like Durham, if you listen with the mentality that he doesn't really believe half of what he's saying, he's a good listen. I don't mind a bit of Hawskbee and Jacobs from time to time, though the latter does whinge a lot.

• 2 years later...

I can't understand why we never get any callers on this show now. Admittedly there is not a lot to moan about at the moment, but there are always plenty of things of interest happening at LCFC that could be discussed.

I remember when the show began Neville took calls for an hour on his own - no need for guests, games or giggles. I don't think they took so many callers after the matches in those days, maybe it has all been discussed?

1 minute ago, fox in the sox said:

I can't understand why we never get any callers on this show now. Admittedly there is not a lot to moan about at the moment, but there are always plenty of things of interest happening at LCFC that could be discussed.

I remember when the show began Neville took calls for an hour on his own - no need for guests, games or giggles. I don't think they took so many callers after the matches in those days, maybe it has all been discussed?

They need listeners to get callers 

The sport does well in terms of commentary, but listeners in general are dropping. People don't listen to the radio anymore. Why wait for Monday at 6pm to get news when you can go on Twitter, this forum etc and find out what you wanted to know in a quarter of the time. 

Stringer etc also polarises a lot of people, if he annoys you, you aren't tuning in. They need to stop acting like kids and try to become a decent radio show again, with some integrity and inside info that isn't just taken from here or a sky reporter

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The sport does well in terms of commentary, but listeners in general are dropping. People don't listen to the radio anymore. Why wait for Monday at 6pm to get news when you can go on Twitter, this forum etc and find out what you wanted to know in a quarter of the time. 

Stringer etc also polarises a lot of people, if he annoys you, you aren't tuning in. They need to stop acting like kids and try to become a decent radio show again, with some integrity and inside info that isn't just taken from here or a sky reporter

Radio listening figures in general are actually still very strong.

You make a good point that listeners probably aren't interested in phoning in about a weekend match by Monday evening in this day and age. They need to find a way of making the show more interesting though - if I don't find it interesting as a LCFC supporter I can't see who else it would appeal to.

1 minute ago, fox in the sox said:

Radio listening figures in general are actually still very strong.

You make a good point that listeners probably aren't interested in phoning in about a weekend match by Monday evening in this day and age. They need to find a way of making the show more interesting though - if I don't find it interesting as a LCFC supporter I can't see who else it would appeal to.

Radio listener figures are still good yeah, just mean in general its probably decreased over time. 

I used to listen weekly when I was younger, it was just something id have on at home to find out what was going on.  Then you discover you can get basically everything they say from a more accessible source whenever you want. 

It used to be great hearing from commentators of different clubs to see what we'd be up against or the manager sacking specials etc. I can't tell you whether the quality has reduced or whether I just get info from other places and hence don't listen.

They need to liven it up, Piper is a great analyst but isn't controversial enough to get callers in to discuss things. 

If things are going well like they are at the moment there's little to discuss really.

If Brendan went on a 10 game losing streak playing awful football then all the negative callers would come crawling out of the woodwork and their switchboard would be going crazy. 

I download the podcast every week and in the main enjoy it, for those of us that are not in the uk it can be invaluable.

Sadly it seems to be going down the path of social media. Last nights show contained about 15 minutes of a gentleman's opinion as to whether this was the best squad ever. He seemed a nice chap and certainly knew the club... but what makes anyone think i care about his opinion?

They have the ability and access to talk about the club, the team and the facts, if i want the opinion of randoms... then im pretty well served by the internet.

5 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

I download the podcast every week and in the main enjoy it, for those of us that are not in the uk it can be invaluable.

Sadly it seems to be going down the path of social media. Last nights show contained about 15 minutes of a gentleman's opinion as to whether this was the best squad ever. He seemed a nice chap and certainly knew the club... but what makes anyone think i care about his opinion?

They have the ability and access to talk about the club, the team and the facts, if i want the opinion of randoms... then im pretty well served by the internet.

Agree in general though to be fair I think that chap was a former chairman?

3 minutes ago, Foxymcoxy said:

Agree in general though to be fair I think that chap was a former chairman?

Fair enough, didn't realise that.  :)

Though if so, that's an opportunity missed, id love to have heard about the challenges at the club when he was in charge, tell me something behind the scenes that i dont know...not just, Davie Gibson was great etc etc.