Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

Here comes the moan in

On 25/09/2017 at 21:10, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Also Talkcrap talkSPORT also have a bloke on they call the Moose ... not sure what his actual role is ... apart from being 

some kind of stooge they can take the p*** out of. He has the most irritating childish laugh imaginable.

I couldn't possibly comment on this accuracy of this lollol:schmike:lollol

On 25/09/2017 at 20:42, Sunbury Fox said:

At least Stringer spends a bit of time talking about something other than the bloody "Big 6". Radio 5 is now as bad as TalkSport in that respect. Even the season we won the league, Chapman's Monday Night Show was almost exclusively dedicated to why the big clubs weren't doing better. 

talkSPORT (and talkSPORT2) has exclusive EFL commentary rights so there's a lot more Championship stuff on the station now.

On 25/09/2017 at 20:33, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Did anyone used to listen to Century Fm on every weeknight?

It was quite Forest biased but Darren Fletcher was a great host and they had the Birch on most Thursday nights. 

They generally stuck to football and had some really good debates.

On 27/09/2017 at 00:01, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I couldn't possibly comment on this accuracy of this lollol:schmike:lollol

talkSPORT (and talkSPORT2) has exclusive EFL commentary rights so there's a lot more Championship stuff on the station now.

They generally stuck to football and had some really good debates.

Fair point re EFL conmentaries, Geoff, but the main daytime shows on TalkSport drone on for hours on end about the big clubs day after day, including during the season we won the league. Guess they judge, probably correctly, that's how they maximise their number of listeners. 

On 25/09/2017 at 20:33, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Did anyone used to listen to Century Fm on every weeknight?

It was quite Forest biased but Darren Fletcher was a great host and they had the Birch on most Thursday nights. 

Used to catch it on way home most nights up the motorway and it was a sign of being almost home so enjoyed it a lot. My abiding memory is Kenny Burns calling all and sundry "a lump" and I'm pretty sure Morgan was one of his targets 

1 hour ago, F1_AN said:

Used to catch it on way home most nights up the motorway and it was a sign of being almost home so enjoyed it a lot. My abiding memory is Kenny Burns calling all and sundry "a lump" and I'm pretty sure Morgan was one of his targets 

Yep I remember Burns calling Morgan and Huddlestone (in his original derby days) 'lumps'.

i listen to the boot room as a podcast on way to work, and yeah stringer can be annoying, especially when he tries to force too much 'banter'. I end up agreeing with Matty Elliott quite a lot though. Some of the callers are ludicrous! You'd think we were rock bottom of the conference with how they talk.

Edited by Vocey

Playing Devil's advocate, it was a Radio Leicester wide Poetry Day thing... Yes the bantz with Owen is annoying and immature (bordering on workplace bullying in my view), but the poetry was probably a corporate edict.

4 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Fair point re EFL conmentaries, Geoff, but the main daytime shows on TalkSport drone on for hours on end about the big clubs day after day, including during the season we won the league. Guess they judge, probably correctly, that's how they maximise their number of listeners. 

If you look at the sports pages of the papers, especially the tabloids, the stories are predominantly about the biggest clubs. It might not be right but it's just kind of how it is.

13 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

If you look at the sports pages of the papers, especially the tabloids, the stories are predominantly about the biggest clubs. It might not be right but it's just kind of how it is.

And yet some of those biggest clubs have won bugger all in the last ten years... So what makes them big?

1 hour ago, Vocey said:

Some of the callers are ludicrous! You'd think we were rock bottom of the conference with how they talk.

And that is precisely why they hand pick the more balanced and erudite fans to be studio guests on Monday nights.

You only have to hear some of the idiots who phone in post match, to realise how bad a Monday night 'phone in' could be.

On the whole, I think it's a decent listen.

• Like 1

talkSPORT is great if you don't take it too seriously. There's very little decent analysis, but it's always a good and funny listen.

This has probably been mentioned on here before, but 'The Two Mikes' are the most unlikeable people on Radio, and I include Stringer et al in that list. They sound drunk 24/7 and they spend 3 hours interrupting each other and telling boring anecdotes only relatable to the two of them!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

talkSPORT is great if you don't take it too seriously. There's very little decent analysis, but it's always a good and funny listen.

This has probably been mentioned on here before, but 'The Two Mikes' are the most unlikeable people on Radio, and I include Stringer et al in that list. They sound drunk 24/7 and they spend 3 hours interrupting each other and telling boring anecdotes only relatable to the two of them!

Two miles are just pointless and I no longer even bother, I cannot fathom who approves such crap.

Our local  star is terrific and informative, but he seems to have been dumped for some northern twat.

Can anyone explain how Brazil continues to exist. Repeats the same shit for hour after hour.

Jim watsisname is good and interesting.

Podcasts BBC are vital to me.

Talkshite should be renamed the EPL Top 5 Teams Asses royally kissed by fat drunken has been in the morning and untalented Cnuts throughout the day !!

well actually I think TALKSHITE   Is such a great name for the pile of dog ? I can’t bear to listen anymore to Brazil licking the rings of Arsenhole Manure and Spuds and also Durham and his sarcastic self centred beliefs that he think he knows everything about in football  !!

The Talkshite presenters make Ian Stringer sound like a great authority of all footballing matters ?

Edited by justfoxes

20 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Talkshite should be renamed the EPL Top 5 Teams Asses royally kissed by fat drunken has been in the morning and untalented Cnuts throughout the day !!

well actually I think TALKSHITE   Is such a great name for the pile of dog ? I can’t bear to listen anymore to Brazil licking the rings of Arsenhole Manure and Spuds and also Durham and his sarcastic self centred beliefs that he think he knows everything about in football  !!

The Talkshite presenters make Ian Stringer sound like a great authority of all footballing matters ?

wait,  that gives me an idea... I can forward Stringers show real to talksport and they will take him off our hands...

• Haha 1

On 29/09/2017 at 10:07, ozleicester said:

Two miles are just pointless and I no longer even bother, I cannot fathom who approves such crap.

Our local  star is terrific and informative, but he seems to have been dumped for some northern twat.

Can anyone explain how Brazil continues to exist. Repeats the same shit for hour after hour.

Jim watsisname is good and interesting.

Podcasts BBC are vital to me.

Brazil inability to pronounce any foreign names gets boring very quickly. Likewise with Paul Merson.  Man can't even pronounce Okazaki and Slimani properly. It's not even that hard ffs. 

12 hours ago, Koke said:

Brazil inability to pronounce any foreign names gets boring very quickly. Likewise with Paul Merson.  Man can't even pronounce Okazaki and Slimani properly. It's not even that hard ffs. 

I don't like Merson. 

Deliberately plays the thick twat (yes he is thick anyway I know), he knows full well how to say certain player names just thinks it's all a big joke. Almost plays his own character now 

On 28/09/2017 at 13:49, daddylonglegs said:

Yeah, the Two Mikes are arses- I genuinely have no idea what they are banging on about half of the time.

The funniest thing Mike Parry has ever done is the cinnamon challenge- if you haven't seen it, give it a watch.