Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Legalise cannabis?

Legalise?  

487 members have voted

1. 1. Should Marijuana be legal?

• Yes
    • No

Absurd world we live in... in The US and around the world, its legal just for recreation... in Oz, we are fighting to even have it legalised for medicinal use.  :frusty:  :facepalm:

Edited by ozleicester

Oz is a funny old place. On the one hand it can be the pinnacle of Western living but on the other it's incredibly backwards, full of racists and against any kind of progress. It really has succeeded as a country in spite of the locals.

Very true, the level of racism here is at times incredible, for a country (effectively) stolen from its original inhabitants we then treat them and pretty much anyone from a non white background as interlopers.

Just this week we have the appalling situation of the racist booing of Adam Goodes one of the AFL's all time greats.

He has won the Browlow Medal (Best and Fairest across the league) twice.

Played over 300 games in a competition where 200 is seen as remarkable and worthy of life membership.

Led his side to two Premierships. 

and this year was announced as our "Australian of the year".

However, the bigots in OZ dont like him, because he doesnt act the way they think an aboriginal should, he doesnt recognise Australia Day as he (rightly) refers to it as "Invasion Day" He fights for fairness and recognition for the first peoples and doesnt just do as hes told.

In a recent game to celebrate a goal and (maybe just remind folk of his heritage) he did a "war dance"  not dissimilar to the Maori's HAKA.

This has seen him getting booed around australia... simply for standing up for himself and his people... and fvckwits in our media defend the morons who boo!

Watch the video in this story if you want an amusing and relevant look at the story.

http://www.dailylife.com.au/dl-people/dl-entertainment/charlie-pickering-destroys-the-not-racist-claims-of-adam-goodes-booing-apologists-on-the-weekly-20150730-gini5u.html

lol and for a laugh, its good to know our soccer players are on top of it.. an ex A league goalkeeper named "McMasters" (a good indigenous name there) tweeted the Goodes, should be ... wait for it... DEPORTED!!!   fvck me  :doh:

sorry rant over.. next, refugees! lol

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Just follow your favourite brownie recipe but before you start fry the weed on a low heat in however much butter your recipe calls for.  To figure out quantity, take the rule of thumb that one stick of butter equates to 7g of product and work it out from there.

Give it +-three quarters of an hour on a low simmer (stirring regularly ofc) then strain the buds out et voila you have your canabutter.

Has anyone ever cooked with weed?

Recipes, please. :)

Best thing to do is google how to make weed butter. Then you can use the butter to make cakes or whatever. It will be a lot more potent then just chucking weed in a brownie mix. 

Just follow your favourite brownie recipe but before you start fry the weed on a low heat in however much butter your recipe calls for. To figure out quantity, take the rule of thumb that one stick of butter equates to 7g of product and work it out from there.

Give it +-three quarters of an hour on a low simmer (stirring regularly ofc) then strain the buds out et voila you have your canabutter.

Thanks, Carl.

One thing, though: how much is a 'stick' of butter?

It's ridiculous when people praise or accept alcohol as a established drug in the society and demonize cannabis at the same time. There is no drug which has a higher damage potential than alcohol, not even crystal meth or heroin, and we all drink that crap. On the other side is cannabis, praised as a potent medication for many physical and neurotic health problems and it's still demonized and forbidden...funny world.

Edited by Harryhenf
  • Like 2

It's ridiculous when people praise or accept alcohol as a established drug in the society and demonize cannabis at the same time. There is no drug which has a higher damage potential than alcohol, not even crystal meth or heroin, and we all drink that crap. On the other side is cannabis, praised as a potent medication for many physical and neurotic health problems and it's still demonized and forbidden...funny world.

Speak for yourself, mate - I swapped it for weed over thirty years ago.

• 1 month later...

I try to be careful around alcohol nowadays, mainly because I always feel like it lowers my immune defences and puts me at risk of illness - I always feel a bit coldy a few hours after drinking.  I proved this theory spectacularly 2 days ago by having a bottle of dark brown ale.  I've been off work with a horrendous cold since.  

Won't work.  Can you imagine the dangers to Conservative policy if the population realises we're all an infinitesimally small part of a greater universal membrane which flows through our consciousness and keeps balance among the dimensions?

Because I guarantee you that's the sort of crazy misled shit thyat conservative policy-makers think happens when you light up.