Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Legalise cannabis?

Legalise?  

487 members have voted

1. 1. Should Marijuana be legal?

• Yes
    • No

I didn't think my zoophilia comment would cause this much controversy.  It was (supposed to be) clearly a flippant response to 1993's inane "cannabis will lead to injecting cocaine and buggering animals" argument.  I'm sorry for upsetting so many of you.  Back to the cannabis (which has not yet filled me with the urge to fellate a cat).

I didn't think my zoophilia comment would cause this much controversy.  It was (supposed to be) clearly a flippant response to 1993's inane "cannabis will lead to injecting cocaine and buggering animals" argument.  I'm sorry for upsetting so many of you.  Back to the cannabis (which has not yet filled me with the urge to fellate a cat).

It will.  :ph34r:

which has not yet filled me with the urge to fellate a cat).

Years ago I used to sing a rugby club song to the tune of "Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport", with the refrain "Bestiality's best, boys".

I could probably reel off 20 disgusting verses from bits of my cortex which have lain undisturbed for 20 years.

(I won't, though).

Your posts took me right back.

Thanks for that.

"Legalize everything as long as we have education!!!1"  lol  lol

Idiots. Weed is the ultimate gateway drug. Should we legalize heroin and acid too on the basis that people are making informed choices by educating them? 

What next? Legalize zoophilia and pedophilia as long as we give every living being in the UK education on those two? 

Any evidence to support that? From what I understand studies have tended to show that weed doesn't lead to harder drugs.

Idiots. Weed is the ultimate gateway drug. Should we legalize heroin and acid too on the basis that people are making informed choices by educating them? 

What next? Legalize zoophilia and pedophilia as long as we give every living being in the UK education on those two? 

Alcohol and Tobacco - are the two leading gateway drugs, both of which i would happily make illegal in return for making weed legal.

The world would be a safer happier place.

• Like 2

Don't see why it shoudn't be legalised to be honest, and I'm yet to see an argument to convince me that it should remain illegal. Seems to work fine in Amsterdam - I smoked a bit while I was there, enjoyed it well enough, but didn't spend my whole weekend there doing it. If it was legal over here, it's something I'd probably do occasionally, but not very often in truth.

Alcohol is far more damaging in my opinion, but for some reason it's totally fine and legal to have people getting so drunk they're vomiting in the gutters, falling down in the street, beating the living daylights out of eachother in town every weekend, but people getting stoned and doing sod all is bad for some reason? And before people say 'ah, but that's not a fair comparson, the majority of drinkers enjoy drinking responsibly' - well yes, so would the majority of people who smoke weed. Again, visit Amsterdam and see how much trouble it causes - barely any. I haven't found any official figures, but I would imagine the NHS spends a massive amount more treating problems related to alcohol than problems relating to drugs.

Is it? I know plenty of people who've smoked weed - myself included - who have never even been tempted to try anything stronger. A few who did, did so because they wanted to and they were intruiged - none of them are addicted to any kind of hard drugs.

Studies have shown that in Amsterdam, removing the illegality actually strengthened the barrier between soft and hard drug use - if you can't score weed on the street, how would you know where to find heroin, or cocaine, or whatever? The number of young pot users who progress onto hard drugs has decreased in Holland since coffee shops were introduced, and the number of weed smokers who have gone on to do class A drugs is now lower than a lot of other countries too.

I still have not voted on this. As someone who has never touched drugs apart from the occasional cigar at Xmas and Tom Thumb in teenage years I do not think that I can offer a qualified opinion but I am veering on the legalise side if only for the reason it will reduce the black market involvement which sometimes involves bad strains. I understand that it brings relief to many with chronic illnesses where conventional drugs fail and do not see why the user  should be punished.The casual user that smokes weed at home does no harm but to themselves.

I would not do it but I am of the older generation now.

I still will not not vote. It will take a brave politician to propose a bill that legalises cannabis. With the media such as it it is and the general public who may be unaware of all the pro and cons facts it will  be political suicide and a election loser if put in a manafesto.

I have changed my mind on this more recently. I don't think there is a good reason for it to be illegal.

Im pretty sue this  phrase has never been uttered on foxestalk (or the entire internet for that matter) before  :o  :)

Genuinly think if everyone smoked cannabis instead of drunk alcohol crime would reduce and health would increase in this country.

Our drinking culture is horrific

If i heard correctly recently, in OZ.... 70% of hospital admission on weekends are alcohol related.

Thats SEVENTY FVCKING PERCENT. :blink:

Edited by ozleicester

If i heard correctly recently, in OZ.... 70% of hospital admission on weekends are alcohol related.

Thats SEVENTY FVCKING PERCENT. :blink:

we all drink as if we've got a freudian death drive.

southern europe knows where its at, not binging but enjoying alcohol even if its strong

• Like 1

Legalise weed, definitely, but if you're not legalising hard drugs then keep this new super skunk illegal, that stuff can be like a class A, completely different to a nice little red string thai smoke which shouldn't be a problem in this day and age.

the reason there is super skunk is because it is illegal.

im sure most people that smoke weed would prefer a nice mellow CBD strain than a blow your head of THC hit