Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football manager 2012 -IPad

The only thing i'd want is the same thing i've wanted for a few years now - a version that is stripped down to its bare essentials to go alongside the fancy pants normal version.

One that will run quickly and get a season done in a day like it used to. Do a version without 3D, sounds etc so if i load more than one league it wont take an hour to load and a week to get through pre season.

And the ****ing news! Needs a 'mark all as read' option at least. I want to know if my main transfer targets are being targeted by someone but i don't give a shit if some free transfer backup option i scouted 4 seasons ago has signed for Oxford Utd when im about to play the Champions League final. I don't need to know every little detail about every player ive ever scouted.

Just speed increase basically and rid of the pointless bits.

There is a 'mark all as read' option. There are 4 icons at the top of your Inbox list, the 3rd one in is 'Select All' and the last one is 'Mark as Read/Unread'.

To avoid receiving news about old players you once scouted, remove them from your shortlist. Every now and then, have a clear out from your shortlist and you should reduce the amount of news you receive.

1) New 'Be a chairman/Director of Football' mode

2) 3D matchplay

3) In depth transfer market (IE. Se who clubs have released etc)

Always wanted to have a game like that, and a feature on FM would be great.

Being a chairman who hires and fires managers, taking up a club from no where up to the Premier league.

The only problem is that there is so many things you can do so it might be a bit boring after a while. They would have to think of a lot of features for it , like money making schemes for the chairmen, etc.

Would be a good feature, but would need a lot of work on it.

- Let us do something with our wages, I'm not sure what exactly but what's the point in forcing me to have £40K a week minimum if I can't do **** all with it? Let me invest it in a small club or something.

- Give us some ways of improving morale besides playing our reserves. I dunno, team bonding sessions or something would be cool. Paintballing or something. Just a way to take their minds off the pressure of football. It's mad how in one loss your teams morale hits the red and it takes ages to regain any sort of confidence again.

- A better set piece creator, I havn't really played around with the one on this years too much but when I did I remember it being a bit fiddly and annoying. I just want to create silly set pieces like crossing it to the D and having my goalkeeper come bombing out from his goal line and bullet headering it into the top right corner.

- Would be cool if the League reputation thing boosted a bit quicker, I managed in Colombia for about 5 or 6 years and had a couple of wonderkids in my side, I played awesome football and the league reputation was really small still, a couple of stars I think. How are you supposed to boost it? I wanted to make it the next big country in football and attract bigger name players but nobody was ever interested. I thought it was supposed to be a bigger thing on 2011 but it clearly wasn't.

- I think the Wage/Transfer Budget bar should be more customizable. It only has about 4 notches on it usually, would be nice if you could change it as much or as little as you like.

I'll post more as I can think of them.

1) New 'Be a chairman/Director of Football' mode

2) 3D matchplay

3) In depth transfer market (IE. Se who clubs have released etc)

@ 1) Why? It would only be for novelty reasons which would quickly wear off. Besides, as people have pointed out many times in the past, the game's name gives an indication to what the goal with it is. Who knows, they might make a "Football Chairman" series at some point, with many thrilling features :giggle::thumbup:

@ 2) There is 3D matchplay. Or do you just mean you want to get it enhanced further?

@ 3) You can see that. You can either go on every club's screen and view their transfer history, or you can look at the transfers page in the "world" > "country you're playing in" menu. The transfer market is already quite in-depth without being too cumbersome, but maybe you had some additional suggestions?

- Let us do something with our wages, I'm not sure what exactly but what's the point in forcing me to have £40K a week minimum if I can't do **** all with it? Let me invest it in a small club or something.

- Give us some ways of improving morale besides playing our reserves. I dunno, team bonding sessions or something would be cool. Paintballing or something. Just a way to take their minds off the pressure of football. It's mad how in one loss your teams morale hits the red and it takes ages to regain any sort of confidence again.

- A better set piece creator, I havn't really played around with the one on this years too much but when I did I remember it being a bit fiddly and annoying. I just want to create silly set pieces like crossing it to the D and having my goalkeeper come bombing out from his goal line and bullet headering it into the top right corner.

- Would be cool if the League reputation thing boosted a bit quicker, I managed in Colombia for about 5 or 6 years and had a couple of wonderkids in my side, I played awesome football and the league reputation was really small still, a couple of stars I think. How are you supposed to boost it? I wanted to make it the next big country in football and attract bigger name players but nobody was ever interested. I thought it was supposed to be a bigger thing on 2011 but it clearly wasn't.

- I think the Wage/Transfer Budget bar should be more customizable. It only has about 4 notches on it usually, would be nice if you could change it as much or as little as you like.

I'll post more as I can think of them.

Re: wages, I made the same point prior to FM 2011. As far as I know, it is still only cosmetic. If however it would get a mundane function like giving you (as a manager) more reputation points, you'd have to weigh up getting the extra rep or keeping the wages low/more available cash for team investments.

Re: morale, I think there are a huge array of ways to affect them (match results, team talks, press conferences, personal conversations, bonus settings at start of the season), maybe even TOO much flexibility. It shouldn't be so easy to boost morale ("train harder, you disabled" - "of course sir, I've been a slob despite having never worked harder"). The high league and cup bonuses at the start of the season can be seen as a simplification of team bonding initiatives. Improving morale of a losing side is hard, and it's like that in real life too. It's your job not to let it get that far

Re: set pieces, have you tried placing your goalie on the "edge of the area" on corners? I haven't played around with set pieces much either, but I can see a point in having a little more control over them. Maybe training attacking set pieces should lead to more complex combinations (maybe they already do, I have little experience with this).

Re: league rep, even if Columbian football produced the best players in the world in five years time, it would never achieve the status that English, Spanish or Italian football has. It's a question of simulation vs. 'arcade', and personally I'm quite happy that it's very very hard and tedious (if possible) to build up a league's rep. I like the realism of it.

Re: wage/transfer bar, it doesn't really affect anything much. It's mostly just the happiness of the board regarding your handling of the wage budget that can be affected. When you buy someone and have enough room in the wage budget it will auto-adjust anyway. I'd say it's enough to have just all wages/all transfers without going below the current wage budget.

The higher your wage, the more compensation is needed therefore the less likely you are to get sacked. Also less likely for other clubs to accept your job application if you're still in a job as they won't want to pay the compensation to your current club.

There is a 'mark all as read' option. There are 4 icons at the top of your Inbox list, the 3rd one in is 'Select All' and the last one is 'Mark as Read/Unread'.

To avoid receiving news about old players you once scouted, remove them from your shortlist. Every now and then, have a clear out from your shortlist and you should reduce the amount of news you receive.

I'll have a look at that inbox malarkey. That would have literally saved days of my life.

With regards to constantly deleting shortlisted players - its just another ballache. I'd like to see a system similar to the 'Lovefilm' next dvd system where you can grade the level of interest you have in them - maybe based on youre scouts reccomendations? Then based on this grading you'll only get info on the most important targets and not everyone.

What about the chances of a stripped down bare bones game that can run on laptops that havent been birthed by Steve Jobs himself?

If you've made a follow up to scouting, such as making a bid/enquiry then they are removed after 1 year if you added them to shortlist on an indefinate basis - you can just add them to your shortlist for a set amount of time though.

wages and transfer fees.

when a club comes in for one of your players they want to give you what there valued at, but you try for one off there what worth say 8 mil they wont sell unless it around 20mil (example i wanted aaron ramsey he was worth 8 or 9 mil and they wanted 26mil for him, sorry but that stupid money if you put that price and one off yours they wouldnt go for him.)

wage are silly to. i cheated to get money and i sold a player to man city from hibs and he wanted 150K a week when he was only on 2k a week at hibs.

and something where you cant cheat like picking how many players are playing before you start a new game.

wages and transfer fees.

when a club comes in for one of your players they want to give you what there valued at, but you try for one off there what worth say 8 mil they wont sell unless it around 20mil (example i wanted aaron ramsey he was worth 8 or 9 mil and they wanted 26mil for him, sorry but that stupid money if you put that price and one off yours they wouldnt go for him.)

wage are silly to. i cheated to get money and i sold a player to man city from hibs and he wanted 150K a week when he was only on 2k a week at hibs.

and something where you cant cheat like picking how many players are playing before you start a new game.

What? You cheated by selling a player as Hibs and complain about his wage at City? :unsure: At the same time you advocate not cheating? :blink: And I don't even understand what cheat you're talking about in your last sentence.

As for transfer fees, you can just ask for more money when they come in for your players. If there's enough interest you can hike up the price a lot! And it depends who you go for at the other end. If you want to buy a relatively unknown player from a small or modestly sized club you can sometimes get away with bidding his transfer value. Big clubs will usually want more money as they don't have to sell... Seems logical, no?

• 2 weeks later...

What? You cheated by selling a player as Hibs and complain about his wage at City? :unsure: At the same time you advocate not cheating? :blink: And I don't even understand what cheat you're talking about in your last sentence.

As for transfer fees, you can just ask for more money when they come in for your players. If there's enough interest you can hike up the price a lot! And it depends who you go for at the other end. If you want to buy a relatively unknown player from a small or modestly sized club you can sometimes get away with bidding his transfer value. Big clubs will usually want more money as they don't have to sell... Seems logical, no?

i cheat because i know i can if there something where you cant cheat then you have no reason to do it

The transfer demands can get ridiculous though - one game on FM11 I was looking to sign fabregas, 1 & 1/2 years left on his contract and arsenal were demanding £150m when he was valued at £38m

Following on from this, It would be alot more realistic if for example, a player is in the last year of his contract... club doesn't want to risk letting him go for nothing, so they don't demand a stupid amount of money.

a la Schmeichel.

@ 1) Why? It would only be for novelty reasons which would quickly wear off. Besides, as people have pointed out many times in the past, the game's name gives an indication to what the goal with it is. Who knows, they might make a "Football Chairman" series at some point, with many thrilling features :giggle::thumbup:

@ 2) There is 3D matchplay. Or do you just mean you want to get it enhanced further?

@ 3) You can see that. You can either go on every club's screen and view their transfer history, or you can look at the transfers page in the "world" > "country you're playing in" menu. The transfer market is already quite in-depth without being too cumbersome, but maybe you had some additional suggestions?

Re: wages, I made the same point prior to FM 2011. As far as I know, it is still only cosmetic. If however it would get a mundane function like giving you (as a manager) more reputation points, you'd have to weigh up getting the extra rep or keeping the wages low/more available cash for team investments.

Re: morale, I think there are a huge array of ways to affect them (match results, team talks, press conferences, personal conversations, bonus settings at start of the season), maybe even TOO much flexibility. It shouldn't be so easy to boost morale ("train harder, you disabled" - "of course sir, I've been a slob despite having never worked harder"). The high league and cup bonuses at the start of the season can be seen as a simplification of team bonding initiatives. Improving morale of a losing side is hard, and it's like that in real life too. It's your job not to let it get that far

Re: set pieces, have you tried placing your goalie on the "edge of the area" on corners? I haven't played around with set pieces much either, but I can see a point in having a little more control over them. Maybe training attacking set pieces should lead to more complex combinations (maybe they already do, I have little experience with this).

Re: league rep, even if Columbian football produced the best players in the world in five years time, it would never achieve the status that English, Spanish or Italian football has. It's a question of simulation vs. 'arcade', and personally I'm quite happy that it's very very hard and tedious (if possible) to build up a league's rep. I like the realism of it.

Re: wage/transfer bar, it doesn't really affect anything much. It's mostly just the happiness of the board regarding your handling of the wage budget that can be affected. When you buy someone and have enough room in the wage budget it will auto-adjust anyway. I'd say it's enough to have just all wages/all transfers without going below the current wage budget.

Thanks for destroying my ideas :(

So if you can't cheat at a game then it's not worth playing?

no what im saying is i play the game how you should then i fancy more money so i cheat, if there wasnt anyway of doing that i would carry on playing it the way i should.

Following on from this, It would be alot more realistic if for example, a player is in the last year of his contract... club doesn't want to risk letting him go for nothing, so they don't demand a stupid amount of money.

a la Schmeichel.

Missed this before but definately. I could understand arsenal demanding as much as they did if he had plenty of time left on his contract but with 12 months before i could land him for jack-squat on a pre-contract it seems a bit ridiculous. They had dropped their asking price to 110m the following summer (12 months before contract expiry) but it's still not very realistic.

i try then i get to the point where i cant buy any one because of wages then i cant sell anyone because no one wants any off my player

So don't buy anyone then, play the game properly.

• 1 month later...

Football Manager 2012 allows you to take control of any club in over 50 nations across the world, including all of the biggest leagues across Europe.

Youre in the hot-seat, which means you decide who plays and who sits on the bench, youre in total control of tactics, team-talks, substitutions and pitch-side instructions as you follow the match live with the acclaimed 3D match engine allowing YOU to make the difference!

As the boss youll also have full control of team affairs away from the pitch:

Will you spend big-money on expensive superstars or put a focus on scouting for wonderkids?

How will you approach training & match preparation?

Will you be the chairmans best friend or always demand the best investment from the board?

How do you react when a young star has problems a shoulder to cry on or a clip round the ear?

And how will you deal with tricky questions from the media?

Now its time to put your opinions to the test.

New & improved key features for Football Manager 2012:

Manage Anywhere, Anytime the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season - meaning you dont have to decide on which nations are playable at the start of your career.

Transfers & Contracts significant changes to the transfer and contract systems, including loyalty bonuses, better implementation of amateur and youth contracts, an improved transfer centre and the ability to lock areas of the contract negotiation when you aren't prepared to budge. This helps you to manage your budgets and gives you flexibility in what you offer money hungry players, or agents, as incentives.

Scouting improvements using several real life scouting reports, a new in-game report was devised which includes squad analysis, tactics information and information about goals scored and conceded alongside lots of other scouting improvements, giving you all the information you need to prepare before kick-off and throughout the season.

3D Match Improvements new animations, a whole new crowd system, improved weather system, more stadiums, plus two brand new cameras - "Behind Goal" and "Director Cam" as well as all other camera angles being reversible - meaning you can watch and analyse every aspect of every game.

Intelligent Interface a new adaptive layout system, which means the higher your screen resolution, the more info is easily at your fingertips. The new interface also contains new filters, customisable columns, a new tactics screen, and lots of new overview screens.

Tone a whole new level has been added to team talks and conversations, with the new tone system, which allows you to specify the way you want to say things be as cool as a cucumber by saying things calmly or throw tea cups around by saying things with passion. There are 5 different tones to choose from with specific comments per tone.

Brand New Tutorial standing separate from the main game, a mode to help new players find their way around the game easily, whilst also offering tips to experienced managers on how to get the most out of the game, as well as a new in-game how to system.

On top of these key innovations, there are lots of areas of the game that have had huge improvements, such as the media system, press conferences, the youth system, newgens, the social networking options, friendlies, international management and many more which will be detailed in a series of video blogs over the coming months, alongside more information about Football Manager 2012.

On top of these key innovations, there are over 800 new features making huge improvements, such as the media system, press conferences, the youth system, newgens, the social networking options, friendlies, international management and many more which will be detailed in a series of video blogs over the coming months, alongside more information about Football Manager 2012.

http://www.sega.co.uk/fm2012/?t=EnglishUK

Archived