Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football manager 2012 -IPad

ive not owned a manger game since the old lma ones on the ps2 but this is tempting me. Can a novice like myself pick this up quickly or will i get stuffed every week?

Its pretty easy to get used to it. Give the demo a try when its out. I assume there will be a demo anyway.

The only beef that I have with it is that you have to enable offline mode before you go somewhere with no internet, meaning that if you aren't aware you have no internet or simply forget, it means you can't play the game.

It even asks you if you want to enable offline mode when you have no internet connection but says "you must have connection to the internet to play in offline mode" when you press the offline mode button.

Are you sure? I've heard this a lot but I've never changed any settings from default since I installed Steam, and for a while I was going to a place without internet regularly and playing FM, when I'd start it up without an internet connection it would just say 'Do you want to start in offline mode?' or something like that and would work fine. I think I read somewhere that there's a check box with something like 'save user details on this computer' written on, and it will always work fine offline if that is ticked.

I'm not doubting you but I'm beginning to think this is just a myth that some people use to beat Steam with. I used to hate the concept of Steam but then I actually got it and I rather like it now. It's easier than carrying disks around (although obviously with games that aren't brand new you can get around disk checks quite easily), I've never had to 'prepare' for taking my laptop somewhere without internet, and it keeps them up to date with patches etc. I do like my physical copies of games though, which is the only reason I don't tend to actually buy the game online for download in the first place (well, and my internet is slow, which admittedly makes the updates a pain at times).

I've had Steam since I've had my new laptop (May, I think.) In that time I've used it in offline mode several times when my internet was mysteriously down (screw you, Virgin Media) and I never pre-set it to offline mode.

Really?

It must just be me then, cause I have to pre-set offline mode whenever i know the internet isn't available.

I have the same problem with playing offline (ie I can't). Steam tells me to start in offline mode, then tells me I need to connect to the internet. Along with regular game crashes (invalid token error), it can be very frustrating.

Other than that I love the game play. Bit slow to get going, but it picks up. Just don't have enough hours in the day to play it, hold down a job and a keep girlfriend happy at the same time.

I have the same problem with playing offline (ie I can't). Steam tells me to start in offline mode, then tells me I need to connect to the internet. Along with regular game crashes (invalid token error), it can be very frustrating.

Other than that I love the game play. Bit slow to get going, but it picks up. Just don't have enough hours in the day to play it, hold down a job and a keep girlfriend happy at the same time.

Send her to the Bingo?

I've decided for the first time since it's origin, not to buy it.

Takes up far too much of my spare time, I need to make the break and now's the time. :cry:

Please accept my sincerest condolences :cry: Completely understandable. Hopefully you'll get the time again in the future...

I bought it and then subsequently asked my girlfriend to hide it for three months whilst I did revision/exams at uni... Seemed to do the trick and I enjoyed the game even more after my exams!!

Wouldnt have been cheaper and better to just buy three months later?

currently playing it right now. i like it. but if im honest theres a lot of depth to certain bits i dont like really. dont get me wrong its all well and good giving factors to the subs you bring on and stuff like private chats etc etc. but i dunno if its too much overkill right now. ive only played 4 games though so far.

the other stuff i dont like can be modded out or may be included in the full game so meh.

Archived